SUBSTITUTES

Brian Murphy
Matt Connolly
Calum Paterson
Aron Gunnarsson
Lee Tomlin
Anthony Pilkington
Frederic Gounongbe

Cardiff City team has taken everyone by surprise. People are asking questions: why Callum Paterson has been left on the bench? And is Aron Gunnarsson fully fit?

Warnock has gone with three very similar central midfielders in Bryson, Damour and Ralls and left Lee Tomlin on the bench too. It will be a big job for Liam Feeney and Danny Ward to convince in the absence of Kenneth Zohore and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Brentford have named a very strong XI meanwhile. Keep an eye on their No.10 Ollie Watkins and deep-lying playmaker Ryan Woods, while frontman Neal Maupay has been on fire recently.

Hmmmm...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Brentford team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Damour, Ralls, Bryson, Feeney, Hoilett, Ward.

Subs Murphy, Connolly, Paterson, Gunnarsson, Tomlin, Pilkington, Gounongbe.

Re: SOME BIG CHANGES: “ CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY “

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Surprised at this team, concerned Warnock is trying to find a way to fit in Morrison, Bamba and Manga into the team.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Looks like Manga is playing fullback.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:19 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Cardiff City team has taken everyone by surprise. People are asking questions: why Callum Paterson has been left on the bench? And is Aron Gunnarsson fully fit?

Warnock has gone with three very similar central midfielders in Bryson, Damour and Ralls and left Lee Tomlin on the bench too. It will be a big job for Liam Feeney and Danny Ward to convince in the absence of Kenneth Zohore and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Brentford have named a very strong XI meanwhile. Keep an eye on their No.10 Ollie Watkins and deep-lying playmaker Ryan Woods, while frontman Neal Maupay has been on fire recently.

Hmmmm...

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Im guessing Gunner isn't quite 100% and maybe Patterson has a knock? Otherwise it makes no sense.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:23 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:28 pm

It looks like Warnock has gone for a defence minded team?

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Traffic to stadium was very light / in fact very good at 2:30pm :thumbright:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Hopefully a bumper crowd :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 pm

This is going to rely on our defence keeping Brentford at bay.

I've got a feeling Warnock has been forced into this. Hopefully Danny Ward will get the support up front from what looks like a defensive midfield.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Why isn't Tomlin starting? ? Just watching him in the warm up he oozes quality composure etc .

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Neil Warnock and Joe Ralls both called for noise from the Bluebirds fans for this one though and given Brentford’s form they’ll need it. Dean Smith’s outfit are in red-hot form and ought not to be taken lightly.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It looks like Warnock has gone for a defence minded team?

Working

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:55 pm

maccydee wrote:

Working

Very much so Neil :thumbright: :thumbright: and thats why I have Never ever turned on him as Warnock is a proven/succesful manager :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Working

Very much so Neil :thumbright: :thumbright: and thats why I have Never ever turned on him as Warnock is a proven/succesful manager :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

How did they play today?

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Working

How did they play today?

Neil,

City played Defencively and it paid of :thumbright: :thumbright:

Brentford will still be wondering how they never won.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190068 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Said to my mate today that if Warnock manages to get a win against Brentford with that team I'd have to put my hands up and admit that our manager knows a bit more about football than I do!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 pm

davids wrote:Said to my mate today that if Warnock manages to get a win against Brentford with that team I'd have to put my hands up and admit that our manager knows a bit more about football than I do!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :thumbright: :thumbright: