Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will Coleman fail at Sunderland ???

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't think this is the right job for him, he's no Sam Alerdyce of Tony Pullis, I don't think he will last long.

Russel Slade did a fair job, having to move out the overpaid players who didn't want to go, and start the rebuilding process. It was horrendous to watch, but we had to do it for the long term, then in getting Warnock, who was the perfect Manager for us, who had to sort out the mess Trollope made of things.

I don't think Sunderland fans will be too patient, while they face a total rebuild.

It's a real tough job, good luck to him, but I reckon it will end in the sack in less than three years, probably less than two.

Re: Will Coleman fail at Sunderland ???

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:16 pm

You look at the players they got and he has a decent chance to turn it around and not long to wait until January.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:You look at the players they got and he has a decent chance to turn it around and not long to wait until January.

He should be a reasonable manager at this level, I just feel this is a really difficult job, and that it will be difficult for anyone. It will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 pm

He won't last long there. Awful club in a mess. :old:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Bluebina wrote:I don't think this is the right job for him, he's no Sam Alerdyce of Tony Pullis, I don't think he will last long.

Russel Slade did a fair job, having to move out the overpaid players who didn't want to go, and start the rebuilding process. It was horrendous to watch, but we had to do it for the long term, then in getting Warnock, who was the perfect Manager for us, who had to sort out the mess Trollope made of things.

I don't think Sunderland fans will be too patient, while they face a total rebuild.

It's a real tough job, good luck to him, but I reckon it will end in the sack in less than three years, probably less than two.

Short term Coleman will probably steady the ship and probably avoid relegation but i don't think he will be the one to get them promoted anytime soon whether he has cash or not.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Yes, but it won't be his fault.

The championship is very close league, the bottom teams are not far of the top teams. It also has been closing the gap between the championship and the bottom half of the premier league.

last season Sunderland were a shit team with the only glimpse of hope in Jermain Defoe. He left and they are a shit team in the correct position in the championship with overpaid and under motivated players.

Russell Slade nearly killed my love of football, but history will be kind to him because i believe he stopped us plummeting our way to L1 or even L2.......Thats who they should have got.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:36 am

Yes

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 am

Yes not cos it’s coleman though.... just because there is something extremely rotten at sunderland and these things don’t seem to clear up unless your on the brink of the National leagues

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 am

Very surprised as it looks like the whole squad needs to be moved on. We know how hard that Is!

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Yes, but it won't be his fault.

The championship is very close league, the bottom teams are not far of the top teams. It also has been closing the gap between the championship and the bottom half of the premier league.

last season Sunderland were a shit team with the only glimpse of hope in Jermain Defoe. He left and they are a shit team in the correct position in the championship with overpaid and under motivated players.

Russell Slade nearly killed my love of football, but history will be kind to him because i believe he stopped us plummeting our way to L1 or even L2.......Thats who they should have got.

THIS Russell Slade ?...http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1511024413/s-50/