Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm: "Surprised at fans regarding Chris Coleman"

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Vince Alm: "Surprised at fans regarding Chris Coleman"

Vince Alm:

I am fairly surprised that people are shocked that firstly Chris Coleman resigned, and secondly he chose Sunderland.

Firstly he almost talk himself out of a job before the friendlies outlining his demands. Secondly Sunderland are a massive club and he has unfinished business in league management after his tenure at Coventry, he could really make a name for himself there although very risky with the current state of the club, and who owns the club.

I wish him all the best and thank him for the fantastic times he brought to welsh international football. I felt we should have qualified for the World cup and felt that was a failure but that takes nothing away from the great job he done.

Who next?

I think it will Ryan Giggs I think the players will be happy but not the majority of fans who have questioned his commitment in regards to friendlies. Personally I don't have an issue with it although like when mark Hughes was appointed risky. We have a lot of friendlies lined up and the nation's cup to have a trial run before the next European qualifying campaign.

Good luck chris Coleman thank you for the fantastic journey.

The King is dead long live the King

Re: Vince Alm: "Surprised at fans regarding Chris Coleman"

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm

No surprise for me mate. We got to the Semi Final of the Euro's, he not going to better that. If he stayed it would have been for the World Cup in 2022 which means he would have had to stay for another 5 years and he obviously doesn't feel like he wants to hang around the long, plus its in Qatar.

Another crack at the Euros in 2020 obviously doesn't appeal to him, to be honest, I will be forever grateful for what he did for us although after the World Cup Campaign part of me is glad he's gone as his over cautiousness has cost us the World Cup IMO, that group was there for the taking, the buck stops with the manager at the end of the day.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:55 pm

i'm surprised because coleman said he wanted to manage in the champions league and he is now managing a club bottom of the championship.

sunderland also represent a massive downgrade from the clubs he was being linked with a year ago. they are not a massive club by any stretch of the imagination. i would have thought he would bide his time and wait for a better club, but thats just me.

i've been very sceptical of coleman for some time. i don't think he added as much value to the welsh team as the media and fans thought and life will move on. it seems the fans here have now come round to what i was saying.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:29 pm

I am surprised he has resigned he will now have to work 5 or 6 days a week rather than the 5 or 6 days a year he has with Wales.

They might be a massive club, but they will be a massive club in division one unless he can work some magic and I am not sure he can turn it around given the mess they are currently in.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:01 am

Surprised its sunderland if he just waits a few weeks he can get his dream job down west!