Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW:CARDIFF CITY TODAY TOOK THEIR CHANCES AS BRENTFO

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 pm

theclaw wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:16k Crowd very disappointing, we are 3rd in the league back in blue. We have a manager we have wanted for ages, so why the low attendances

It will go up a bit when the half season ticket kicks in.

We've sold over 14,000 now including half-season tickets, I was hoping and the club were at the cheap,cheap prices £2.50p a game for an Under 16, that we will sell 18,000 in total.

I rem Allan on here saying if we were selling tickets like Bradford for £50 & £150 we would sell more than them 18,500 and rem they are lower division.

We are actually cheaper than them over all.

I think we will prob make 15,000 by midd December, but they are only worh buying if bought before Dec 1st Norwich home :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

FAIR PLAY CARDIFF HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC TO OUR FANS THIS SEASON ON & OFF THE PITCH, IT NEEDS TO BE REPAID :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Didn't think we were time wasting today particularly.

Not compared to Wolves away ;) ;)

They took ages with some of their free kicks even though they were behind and did that ridiculous thing at goal kicks where the full backs stand each side of the penalty area waiting for a short pass that never comes then they jog up field just before the keeper kicks it long - waste of f*cking time!

Thought the ref was the usual type of inept chump we seem to see in most Championship games but at least he had no major game affecting decisions to make which he could have used to ruin the game.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:16k Crowd very disappointing, we are 3rd in the league back in blue. We have a manager we have wanted for ages, so why the low attendances

Darren, Personally I think its embarrassing.

Warnock must be in shock.

Very embarrassing Annis.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
theclaw wrote:

We've sold over 14,000 now including half-season tickets, I was hoping and the club were at the cheap,cheap prices £2.50p a game for an Under 16, that we will sell 18,000 in total.

I rem Allan on here saying if we were selling tickets like Bradford for £50 & £150 we would sell more than them 18,500 and rem they are lower division.

I think we will prob make 15,000 by midd December, but they are only worh buying if bought before Dec 1st Norwich home :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

FAIR PLAY CARDIFF HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC TO OUR FANS THIS SEASON ON & OFF THE PITCH, IT NEEDS TO BE REPAID :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Yes fair play to the club for trying(cheap tickets,free travel,great halftime giveaways,) unfortunately for whatever reason the fans are just not turning up.
It’s time now to forget about it and for all those attending to keep backing Warnock and the boys.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 pm

After SHEFF UTD Won last night and WOLVES today - 3 pts today keeps us in the mix.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 pm

' UPDATED AFTER LEEDS UNITED TODAY BEAT BORO '
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
theclaw wrote:

My reference was to ST sold at beginning of season! Not half a season!! So you've quoted me out of context ? And by your reference you are saying city wont have 18k ST holders if sold them at £150 adult and £50 child .like Bradford ? Yet we have 13k at more than twice price of bradfords? :thumbup:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
theclaw wrote:

My reference was to ST sold at beginning of season! Not half a season!! So you've quoted me out of context ? And by your reference you are saying city wont have 18k ST holders if sold them at £150 adult and £50 child . Yet we have 13k at more than twice price of bradfords? :thumbup:

I knew you would say that Allan and I was waiting.

We had Neil Warnock as our manager at the start of this season :thumbright: :bluebird:

Now Remember We are a Championship club and play teams like Leeds,Aston Villa,Nottingham Forest,Sunderland,Middlesborough,Sheff Wednesday etc etc

Bradford play mostly clubs like Rochdale,Bury,Oldham,Rotherham etc etc

Massive difference.

Our season tickets for a full season were £50 for Under 16's :thumbright: :thumbright: £99 for Students :thumbright: :thumbright:
£99 for any age Student / even part-time etc. £99 for under 21's and fantastic value family tickets :thumbright: :thumbright:
Amazing prices. We sold 12,500.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
theclaw wrote:

My reference was to ST sold at beginning of season! Not half a season!! So you've quoted me out of context ? And by your reference you are saying city wont have 18k ST holders if sold them at £150 adult and £50 child . Yet we have 13k at more than twice price of bradfords? :thumbup:

We had Neil Warnock as our manager at the start of this season :thumbright: :bluebird:

Now Remember We are a Championship club and play teams like Leeds,Aston Villa,Nottingham Forest,Sunderland,Middlesborough,Sheff Wednesday etc etc

Massive difference.

Our season tickets for a full season were £50 for Under 16's :thumbright: :thumbright: £99 for Students :thumbright: :thumbright:
£99 for any age Student / even part-time etc. £99 for under 21's and fantastic value family tickets :thumbright: :thumbright:

But 70% or more of our ST sales are adult what is cost £299 to £499? so average more double bradfords ? Like said you believe that city wont sell 18k ST at bradfords prices. No argument about should have more under NW but it is what it is :old:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
theclaw wrote:

Massive difference.

But 70% or more of our ST sales are adult what is cost £299 to £499? so average more double bradfords ? Like said you believe that city wont sell 18k ST at bradfords prices. No argument about should have more under NW but it is what it is :old:

Allan, you keep defending our ticket sales, why not be honest/truthful its awful, every excuse is made.

Over all our ticket prices are excellent, I have paid £23 for myself and my 12yr old daughter to sit in the Ninian Stand for a total of £23 to watch City 3rd in the Championship.
Hopefully we will get a 20,000 home crowd that night, but I can't guarantee it won't rain :lol: which will be the first excuse.

Even Neil Warnock and Vince Alm virtually beg for our fans to turn up, very very sad to have to do that every couple of weeks.

If we were bottom, I would expect 16,000, but we have been Top 3 for four months :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: Low attendances, whilst the team are performing reasonably well, there’s no buzz about the club for reasons previously discussed here. There is still a big disconnect between the club and the fan base, that may take years to heal.

Match day is also sterile - I went yesterday, the atmos is half hearted. Need the terraces back.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:12 pm

If we were in the premier league every excuse put forward now for not attending now would suddenly evaporate and at least 10000 extra
Fans would appear.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:17 pm

skiprat wrote:If we were in the premier league every excuse put forward now for not attending now would suddenly evaporate and at least 10000 extra
Fans would appear.

Spot on :thumbright:

Personally I would rather they never came at all.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:19 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Re: Low attendances, whilst the team are performing reasonably well, there’s no buzz about the club for reasons previously discussed here. There is still a big disconnect between the club and the fan base, that may take years to heal.

Match day is also sterile - I went yesterday, the atmos is half hearted. Need the terraces back.

I do agree our club caused a lot of this themselves and I do agree it's dead outside the ground and in the ground is not that brilliant, but fans and the club can both do their parts :thumbright: :bluebird: