Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock / Dean Smith '

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:50 pm

CARDIFF CITY 2 BRENTFORD 0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock: :bluebird:

"I'm really proud of the lads today after a difficult week, right from the first training session they have focused because we knew we'd be under the cosh.

"I think they're the only club in the league to have had more crosses and shots than us, so that's testament to Dean Smith's and our side as we have created chances for supporters to watch.

"I didn't want them to score late on and we managed to get a clean sheet which gives us a good platform to go to Barnsley."

Brentford boss Dean Smith:

"I feel we were unlucky today, we had enough chances to get something out of the game today, we had 25 attempts and 14 inside the penalty area.

"In a normal game you would score two or three of those. It felt like it wouldn't go in for us today. Some of our build-up play was very good, but I'm disappointed with the manner in which our goals were conceded.

"Neal knows he should have scored and 999 times out of a thousand he does. He's had one of those moments you don't want to see on a football pitch."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Neil Warnock / Dean Smith '

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Hard to argue with either manager to be fair. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:02 pm

davids wrote:Hard to argue with either manager to be fair. :ayatollah:

:thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:29 pm

I have to say I thought they looked a fine side. One of the best I’ve seen against us this year. They moved the ball nicely and seemed to find acres of space. Thankfully we were resolute at the back and I actually though Etheridge had a stormer. Even when he was beaten he made himself as big as possible. Glad of the 3 points and glad to see Gunnar back who I actually think we miss more Than zohore.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:29 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I have to say I thought they looked a fine side. One of the best I’ve seen against us this year. They moved the ball nicely and seemed to find acres of space. Thankfully we were resolute at the back and I actually though Etheridge had a stormer. Even when he was beaten he made himself as big as possible. Glad of the 3 points and glad to see Gunnar back who I actually think we miss more Than zohore.

Agreed :thumbright: