Morrison

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Morrison

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:58 pm

I know a bit after the event, but even i knew from my limited memory of Brentford and without armies of video technicians and analysts that they were a "tika taka" sharp little midget pain in the arse team. Surely Morrison needed to sit this out in favour of Manga or Connolly's greater mobility.....We did have Paterson for right back

Today i thought he was a total liability. Neil dodged a bullet today.
llan bluebird

Morrison

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Morrison

Postby davids » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:01 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I know a bit after the event, but even i knew from my limited memory of Brentford and without armies of video technicians and analysts that they were a "tika taka" sharp little midget pain in the arse team. Surely Morrison needed to sit this out in favour of Manga or Connolly's greater mobility.....We did have Paterson for right back

Today i thought he was a total liability. Neil dodged a bullet today.

I am certainly not his biggest fan but this season I think Morrison has been extremely solid and reliable but playing against fast mobile front players will always see him struggle.

Today was a mistake ridden performance he'll want to forget.

Everyone's allowed an off day!
davids

Postby RFMH » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:05 pm

He was f*cking garbage today.
RFMH

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Morrison wasn't the only one to make mistakes today. Bamba and Manga also got caught out a few times - giving the ball away, losing their men, slipping.

Whole defence was a shambles, but we kept them out somehow with some incredible brave blocks and desperate tackles
Lawnmower

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Morrison wasn't the only one to make mistakes today. Bamba and Manga also got caught out a few times - giving the ball away, losing their men, slipping.

Whole defence was a shambles, but we kept them out somehow with some incredible brave blocks and desperate tackles

Correct.
‘Total liability’
Totally OTT comment.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bonner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Not a good game against Brentford, but he has been key part of our defence this season, think he doing very well .
Bonner

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm

I was having a whinge more at Warnock than Morrison. Most teams in this league have big battering rams up front and he is our best player at blunting those, but if i knew Brentfords strength surely Warnock did.

We could replay yesterday game 10 times and IMO Morrison would look slow and leaden footed for 8 of them. Horses for courses
llan bluebird

Postby bluebird7291 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Thank god Warnock sees what I do. Yes he made that mistake but Morrison and Bamba have a great partnership. Weve conceded the least amount of goals in the league.... And you want our captain and CB dropped!?
bluebird7291

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:01 am

Morrison makes a fair few mistakes but Manga and Bamba make more IMO.
This is why they all play championship football.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Llantwit Blue » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

Obviously somebody who doesn't watch us home and away every week.

Morrison without a doubt one of our top three players of the season to date.

Mr consistent.
Llantwit Blue

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

He’s miles better than he was last season, I find it hard to justify dropping him over Manga, sometimes - no reason really but think the three main Cb are pretty even in all respects and Bamba seems to play a little more comfortably with Morrison as apposition to Manga.

Everyone has bad games they’re only human what makes him better is you know it won’t effect him next week and he’ll be solid for us
Blue_Barber

Return to General Chat