"I WOULD WANT MY MONEY BACK AFTER TODAY" SAYS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:30 pm

"I WOULD WANT MY MONEY BACK AFTER TODAY" SAYS DEAN SMITH

Brentford boss Dean Smith 'would want his money back' after seeing Bees stung by Cardiff City

Cardiff City 2 Brentford 0

Saturday 18th November 2017

Brentford manager Dean Smith claims he "would want his money back" after watching Cardiff City's 2-0 Championship win over the Bees.

But speaking after the match, Smith admitted he was disappointed with the officials after Cardiff looked to slow the game down having taken a two-goal lead before half time.

When asked if Cardiff produced the kind of display he expected, Smith responded: "Yes they did to be honest.

"They're going to be organised, strong and powerful and when they got two goals up you know they're going to slow the game down.

"I'm disappointed that when you come to the level of the Championship, your own players have to run 20 yards to get the ball off the pitch.

"It just seemed that every free-kick, throw-in and corner took about a minute.

"Personally, I'd probably want my money back because the ball was probably only on the pitch for 20 minutes.

"I don't blame Cardiff for that because they're sitting on a two-goal lead, I'd be doing the same, but the officials have got to get a grip on it that's for sure."

Maupay looked destined to level the scores just after the half hour mark after taking advantage of some sloppy defending from Neil Etheridge and Sean Morrison, but the French striker inexplicably fired wide of the target with the goal at his mercy.

And Smith felt the Bees deserved to take something back to Griffin Park.

"I feel we were (unlucky)," added the Brentford boss.

"We had enough chances to get something out of the game. I've just been told we had 25 attempts, and 14 of them inside the penalty box so in a normal game you would certainly score two or three of them.

"Some of our play was very good. I was disappointed with the manner of the goals we conceded.

"We spoke about part of their armoury is going to be the long throw from Morrison and how we don't want people to get sucked into the first ball because the second ball will be important.

"I thought our reaction to that was ok. Obviously Neal's had a glorious chance to level it up and we give a poor second goal away.

"I thought our reaction after half time was very good and we could have scored four or five and that's when it felt like it wasn't going to be one of those games for Neal.

"He's disappointed because he knows he should have scored, and 99 times out of 100 he does. He's had one of those moments you don't want to see on a football pitch, but his reaction after half-time when we had a chat with him, I thought he got into goalscoring positions really well. I just felt it was one of them days for him.

"For me he could have just rolled it into the other side of the goal.

"It's a bad miss, that's what it is. Centre-forwards live and die by goals. Unfortunately we didn't take our chances today. We'll all talk about Maupay's miss but we've had four free headers from set-pieces in the opposition box today and not done better than we should with them."
Attachments
JS132004094.jpg
JS132004094.jpg (22 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "I WOULD WANT MY MONEY BACK AFTER TODAY" SAYS

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm

it's funny because i said to my daughter there was no sense of urgency from Brentford when they were d2-0 down and they were taking forever to take their set plays
llan bluebird

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 pm

In fairness to Brentford they were a little unlucky and missed two glorious goal scoring chances. They also came to play football rather than park the bus.

The difference was we took our chances whilst they didn't.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 pm

He got done by the old master.
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm

What's the saying, "you make your own luck"????

We have had the same experience's many times before, & when they missed I knew we would win.
That's the Championship for you!
RICK+CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:18 pm

To be fair to them hes right for some reason we didn't have any ball boys or if we did they were invisible! On grandstand side there wasnt any i could see as stools they normally sit on wete empty? :o
pembroke allan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Boo Fecking Hoo. But I did think that they played some excellent football at times and were unlucky not to slot one of their chances. We took ours and that's all that counts despite any of the stats. Loved how Etheridge told a ball boy not to kick it back to him, he had another solid game and deserved his clean sheet. Great to see Gunners back and also us breaking the international break hoodoo.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:To be fair to them hes right for some reason we didn't have any ball boys or if we did they were invisible! On grandstand side there wasnt any i could see as stools they normally sit on wete empty? :o

You could guarantee there would be hundreds of them flying about if we were losing :lol: :lol:
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby SwampCCFC » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:48 pm

they had the majority of the football, and should have earned something from the game. their dreadful finishing saw that they didnt, and they only have themselves to blame.

'losing manager with generic comment blaming referee' - check :lol:
SwampCCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:To be fair to them hes right for some reason we didn't have any ball boys or if we did they were invisible! On grandstand side there wasnt any i could see as stools they normally sit on wete empty? :o

You could guarantee there would be hundreds of them flying about if we were losing :lol: :lol:

Doubt it as we have the slowest laziest ball boys in football and have done so for years. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 am

Hope he and his players have a whip around to pay fans for their day out yesterday then.
NIBluebird

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:

Doubt it as we have the slowest laziest ball boys in football and have done so for years. :roll:

Agree. We have a laugh about it. But they are consistent for both sides. The burst ball incidence says it all. They left it on the side of the pitch so the Brentford player later picked it up for a throw in.
JJ1927

Postby actionman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:36 pm

It would be nice if the ballboys showed a bit of interest I bet there are some who would jump through hoops to do what their doing
actionman

Return to General Chat