Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ralls - Best game of his career?

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 pm

So impressed with Ralls today. He looked head and shoulders above the rest today, good range of passing, great box to box harrying and a really well taken goal.

I haven’t seen him command a game like that before, really stepped up in the absence of Laing and Zohore in my opinion.

Re: Joe Ralls - Best game of his career?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:45 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:So impressed with Ralls today. He looked head and shoulders above the rest today, good range of passing, great box to box harrying and a really well taken goal.

I haven’t seen him command a game like that before, really stepped up in the absence of Laing and Zohore in my opinion.

Whilst I wouldn't say best of his career, he was excellent.

His performance away to Wolves earlier this season was the best I've seen from any Cardiff player in a good few years.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:19 am

He's been brilliant all season. Really stepped up after whitts left

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

We take him for granted I think.

A lot on here would be happy with him out of the side.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 am

englishbluebird wrote:He's been brilliant all season. Really stepped up after whitts left

Whilst Whitts was the main man and the philosophy was built around his ability to pass, the other players had to be able to receive the ball in any position, this put pressure on Ralls but even more so Gunnar

With Warnocks philosophy more about physical ability and imposing your physicality on the opposition Joes engine and all round ability to score to least 6/10 in passing, receiving and tackling in every game brings him to the fore.

I have always thought he was going to be a fantastic player for us, i am glad he is showing it.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 pm

I always thought Ralls and Whittingham couldn't play together and when they did he was subdued. Been excellent this season.