" CCFC Stadium Security "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CCFC Stadium Security "

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 am

What?!
I take on occasion my oldest two, both kitted up, hats, scarves and jackets, a bag of non rip off treats, a hotdog and a drink from a local wholesaler, and I get checked, they get checked - but we understand why! it’s like 50 seconds of your life.

What a poor excuse! Terrorism in all shapes is a real threat, only a few years ago there was that revenge stabbing that was mistaken identity around the corner from the stadium. I’d rather have an element of safety with my kids or own my own than nothing at all. You go to some European stadia - Torino’s ground and there is a Ring or fence and concrete surrounding the ground. I’d rather not be like that as much as I love continental football. 50sec checks are fine by me
Blue_Barber

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:15 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:As I go straight into the Canton when I arrive at the ground, justing asking, do they search level 3 & 4 fans ?

Yes the do at every game I have no issue with it

On level 3/4 get checked if staff dont know you, I was stopped initially last season but been same staff for several years so they know me same with most fans! Checks are necessary as always an idiot prepared to bring flares ect into ground musnt forget had one death with flare don't want another. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby BlueDredd » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Strange that someone is that put off by a quick pat down..
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:58 pm

dogfound wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
actionman wrote:Unfortunately there are Isis supporters in Cardiff and I'd rather have 10,000 searched than 20,000 that weren't get over it you fool.

I may have a different opinion to you but fool I am not. If you feel safe as a result of the security that's fine and from the feedback on this forum you are in the vast majority and I bow to that majority. One of the points I was trying to make, obviously unsuccessfully, was that the checks wont stop a terrorist. I am not sure if the policy has ended but until very recently the gates are open at least ten minutes before the end and as far as I can see a terrorist could walk in with enough explosive to blow up the Canton and no one would give him a second glance let alone check him.

i agree..
terrorism is to make people terrified to a point where biilions are spent not stopping terrorism..but being seen to be going through the motions..security is random at different stadiums and at different airports.and as i said in another post ive been at a ground a number of times this season where a smoke bomb or pyrotechnic has been set off...safer ? your not
intel is what catches terrorists..not minimum pay jobsworths.

I have no problem with being patted down on the way in, but as you say, this will not stop a terrorist attack. Modern day attackers are not going to try and smuggle in a big round metallic object with a smoking fuse under their jackets. They are far more sophisticated than that, and I have no doubt that a determined terrorist could cause carnage at the CCS. Still, I don't suppose it does any harm if is makes some people feel safe, but with our small crowds it won't be long before our biggest gathering will be the queues waiting to be searched. Just keep fingers crossed that there are no bad people in those queues.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Am I the only one who finds the security at the stadium increasingly oppressive and off putting? While I can understand the need in certain high profile matches-Leeds, Millwall etc- was there really the need to be conducting full body searches of virtually everyone entering the ground yesterday? Personally I find it offensive that after having gone to the bother of giving up my day and money to come and give my support to the club, I am then welcomed by an army of stewards who then feel the need to run their hands up my leg.

I know people will argue that's its for our own protection but the searches would not prevent anyone bringing in a weapon if they were determined. And having gone to a fair few away games over the last few years I know that other teams do not treat their home supporters this way (How they treat us is another matter).

I know those at the top are trying their best to attract the fans back but perhaps one of the reasons for the low crowds is that those responsible for security see us as an inconvenience rather than someone who should be welcomed and respected as customer. If I was a floating supporter I wouldn't be coming again.

I think you already knew the response you'd get and effectively answered your own question by stating (quote): "I know people will argue that's its for our own protection" ;)

We live in some worrying times and if the club put in place safeguards to best assure the well-being of supporters at any given game, then that should be both accepted and welcomed :thumbright:

The MillStad (or Principality Stadium, as they's like to be known) do the same for their events and those attending need to make adjustments (eg. what they carry and when they arrive) to accommodate what they now know will occur, i.e. searches on entry

I attended an NFL game recently and they have a rule that excludes any bags bigger than a large purse (still searched) from being taken into their stadiums. Larger bags have to be taken to a depository, searched thoroughly, handed over and collected again after the event

It caught one of my travelling group out but overall we couldn't see an issue with that practice, as it increased safety and reduced waiting times for entry. So long as everyone knows beforehand the rules will be enforced, in the current climate so be it! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluesman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 pm

JJ1927 it looks as if you are the only one who takes exception to being searched. It is for your own safety.
Bluesman

Postby SwampCCFC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm

going to CCFC is like going to a shop with a security guard that watches you suspiciously - it pisses law abiding people off who are just going about their business, and will not put off those who are serious about committing crime.

on the evidence of this forum, sadly it seems plenty of people are happy to have their rights eroded in the name of stopping terrorism, and is indicative of the conditioning people have been subject to since 9/11.
SwampCCFC

Postby Milkybarkid » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:going to CCFC is like going to a shop with a security guard that watches you suspiciously - it pisses law abiding people off who are just going about their business, and will not put off those who are serious about committing crime.

on the evidence of this forum, sadly it seems plenty of people are happy to have their rights eroded in the name of stopping terrorism, and is indicative of the conditioning people have been subject to since 9/11.

Don’t feel my rights are being eroded I was checked like this in the 80s at football clubs and going into night clubs. I have go through scanners at airports for nearly 40 years No problem
Milkybarkid

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:going to CCFC is like going to a shop with a security guard that watches you suspiciously - it pisses law abiding people off who are just going about their business, and will not put off those who are serious about committing crime.

Don’t feel my rights are being eroded I was checked like this in the 80s at football clubs and going into night clubs. I have go through scanners at airports for nearly 40 years No problem

I think it is just a sign of the times, sad but probably correct. The quick search at the CCS will probably be good enough to find cans of alcohol, flares, smoke bombs etc., but is not likely to deter any real terrorist. I suppose it helps to make people feel safer, but we have all seen expensive sophisticated security measures fail, and a quick frisk by a steward on the way in is not really going to combat any modern day terrorist.
Steve Zodiak

Postby SwampCCFC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:

I think it is just a sign of the times, sad but probably correct. The quick search at the CCS will probably be good enough to find cans of alcohol, flares, smoke bombs etc., but is not likely to deter any real terrorist. I suppose it helps to make people feel safer, but we have all seen expensive sophisticated security measures fail, and a quick frisk by a steward on the way in is not really going to combat any modern day terrorist.

that's my point - all the current 'security measures' do is waste fans time, without making us any safer.

if you actually want to achieve the objective of making us safer, then we need full strip searches and metal detectors, and snooping on peoples private emails and texts (oh wait). even then, what's to stop a terrorist setting off a bomb outside the stadium where you could potentially kill 100-200 people? why don't we play football behind closed doors in an undisclosed location, just to make sure?

why don't we have police stationed on every busy street to stop and search potential terrorists?
SwampCCFC

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:What?!
I take on occasion my oldest two, both kitted up, hats, scarves and jackets, a bag of non rip off treats, a hotdog and a drink from a local wholesaler, and I get checked, they get checked - but we understand why! it’s like 50 seconds of your life.

What a poor excuse! Terrorism in all shapes is a real threat, only a few years ago there was that revenge stabbing that was mistaken identity around the corner from the stadium. I’d rather have an element of safety with my kids or own my own than nothing at all. You go to some European stadia - Torino’s ground and there is a Ring or fence and concrete surrounding the ground. I’d rather not be like that as much as I love continental football. 50sec checks are fine by me

yep they can happen anywhere...and should god forbid a bomb goes off in a queue..the search cordon {in our case } would then be moved to the perimeter of the car park...where new large queues would form...
better if all this money spent on ..going through the motions security was spent catching and locking up those known to the police and security services..
dogfound

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:05 pm

dogfound wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
actionman wrote:Unfortunately there are Isis supporters in Cardiff and I'd rather have 10,000 searched than 20,000 that weren't get over it you fool.

I may have a different opinion to you but fool I am not. If you feel safe as a result of the security that's fine and from the feedback on this forum you are in the vast majority and I bow to that majority. One of the points I was trying to make, obviously unsuccessfully, was that the checks wont stop a terrorist. I am not sure if the policy has ended but until very recently the gates are open at least ten minutes before the end and as far as I can see a terrorist could walk in with enough explosive to blow up the Canton and no one would give him a second glance let alone check him.

i agree..
terrorism is to make people terrified to a point where biilions are spent not stopping terrorism..but being seen to be going through the motions..security is random at different stadiums and at different airports.and as i said in another post ive been at a ground a number of times this season where a smoke bomb or pyrotechnic has been set off...safer ? your not

It was one of those minimum wage jobsworths that you call them that foiled the attempt at The Stade De France when he asked the terrorist to open his coat. I don't know how much you earn but just be grateful if you earn more than them not everyone obviously earns as much as you do
CF23 Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

i agree..

It was one of those minimum wage jobsworths that you call them that foiled the attempt at The Stade De France when he asked the terrorist to open his coat. I don't know how much you earn but just be grateful if you earn more than them not everyone obviously earns as much as you do

i am grateful i earn a decent if not fantastic wage..
as for the Stade France bombing, only one of the three bombers had a ticket and tried to enter..its thought the other 2 { who only blew themselves up } intention was to detonate in the crowd outside the stadium but got their planning / times wrong..which is the point ive been making.. terrorists dont need to be in the millstad just in westgate street .similarly at our ground..just amongst the ever increasing crowds queueing outside.
dogfound

Postby JimmyJazz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 pm

dogfound wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

i agree..

as for the Stade France bombing, only one of the three bombers had a ticket and tried to enter..its thought the other 2 { who only blew themselves up } intention was to detonate in the crowd outside the stadium but got their planning / times wrong..which is the point ive been making.. terrorists dont need to be in the millstad just in westgate street .similarly at our ground..just amongst the ever increasing crowds queueing outside.

You my friend like the sound of your own keyboard too much.
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:43 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:
dogfound wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

i agree..

You my friend like the sound of your own keyboard too much.

maybe.. :lol:
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat