' 37 points after 18 games '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby The Cobra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Do the same over the next 18 and quite often that's enough for play offs, 74 points, with 10 games to spare! I know 1st 5 games we over did it with 5 wins, but weve had a lot of injuries, some long term such as Kadeem and Rhys, hopefully with these back and one or two additions in Jan, we might do even better over the remaining 28 games :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Attachments
IMG_3488.JPG
IMG_3488.JPG (132.06 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
The Cobra

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 37 points after 18 games

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Lets get the obvious and wise thoughts out of the way.

Long way to go....lets not count our chickens before their hatched.

OK....I was at the Preston and Birmingham games and any high hopes I had after our 5 openers were obliterated with those performances. So it was back to earth for me. Since then we have played steady with only one lost and that was with 10 men. We could or should have won with some of the draws but we never looked like losing any. Only game as far as I am concerned we did not deserve anything was the 2-0 win over Brentford. So for that game we have used up all our luck for the season.

Saying that we have had a lot of bad luck as well with the injuries. So things can only get better. I'm going to keep my feet on the ground and wait for us to go on a good run.
Bakedalasker

Re: 37 points after 18 games

Postby The Cobra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Lets get the obvious and wise thoughts out of the way.

Long way to go....lets not count our chickens before their hatched.

OK....I was at the Preston and Birmingham games and any high hopes I had after our 5 openers were obliterated with those performances. So it was back to earth for me. Since then we have played steady with only one lost and that was with 10 men. We could or should have won with some of the draws but we never looked like losing any. Only game as far as I am concerned we did not deserve anything was the 2-0 win over Brentford. So for that game we have used up all our luck for the season.

Saying that we have had a lot of bad luck as well with the injuries. So things can only get better. I'm going to keep my feet on the ground and wait for us to go on a good run.

Obviously must keep feet on ground, and who knows whats around the corner, but from this point last season we got 44 points from the remaining 28 games, and probably slacked off towards end of season with nothing to play for, think NW said as much. Cant see this squad getting less than 44 points from remaining 28 games this time :bluescarf:
The Cobra

Re: ' 37 points after 18 games '

Postby Whistler » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:22 am

Its interesting to note that since the start of the season we have all been saying that we will be lucky to get into the playoffs, by the end of September i think we had all revised our expectations and were starting the quietly say the playoffs were now the least we should achieve.
So here we are coming towards the end of November and its suddenly dawning on us that a a top two place is on the cards, but we are all saying "but there is a long way to go".

Lets look at our position. we have the best defence in the league(only 13 goals against) we are averaging just over 2 points per game which if repeated over the season would see us have 94 points which would gain us automatic promotion, I would state that we have the opportunity to have a good run of results up to Christmas with the matches we have to complete the first half of the season, but what of our rivals, who can knock us off our perch:
1. Wolves - they look the most impressive team in the division and will take some catching, unless they have a massive dip in form i dont think any one will catch them for the title.
2. Shef Utd - they are the surprise package, they are free scoring however they are taking some hits, losing matches they should be winning, they could be having an extended bounce from their promotion from last year, I think they could slip down to 5th or 7th
3. Villa - i think they represent one of the biggest challenges coming up behind us, they will push us all the way and could yet pip us for an automatic promotion place.
4. [Bristol - I think they will fall away and not achieve the play-offs.
5. Middlesboro - they are starting to come strong and have a very good squad for this division, they will certainly be in the playoffs, I dont think they have enough for the top two.
6. Derby - a good squad which will see them pushing for the playoffs but they have shown over previous years that they have a soft underbelly and could well blow up at some point in the second part of the season.

I dont think there will be much challenge outside of these clubs. as for us we will continue to grind out results and with key attacking player due back from injury I believe we can push on in the coming weeks, however our season could be defined in early April with successive matches against Shef Utd ( A), Wolves (H) and Aston Villa (A).

I THINK WE WILL TAKE 2nd
Whistler

Re: ' 37 points after 18 games '

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 am

As well as grinding out results I think we need to win at home to Wolves, away at Sheffield United and away to villa! If we continue to grind out results and include these wins I think we are there! Villa away will be extremely tough but we have surprised teams so far!
Once a blue always a blue44

Return to General Chat