Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Very Very Strong Rumour '

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:56 am

I’d be more than happy with Bellamy given the job. He’s a very articulate guy when I listen to his remarks and views on football and besides his obvious love and passion for his country he’s got fresh ideas and I’m sure would integrate the youth which is needed in my opinion.
The fact he has no managerial experience wouldn’t matter a jot as Wales manager.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:22 am

Bluesman wrote:Stay at City Bellamy. When we get promoted this season Warnock wants to retire or possibly go upstairs, Bellamy can be a Premier League manager for City next season. As for Giggs I would never support him as he never turned up for friendlies. Fit on Saturdays, injured on Wednesdays and fit the following Saturdays, come off :clap: it.

come off it..?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 345914.stm

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:51 pm

RV Casual wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:
RV Casual wrote:A lot of hardcore Welsh Fans do not want Bellamy after he played for Great Britain in the Olympics (as did Giggs mind).

That was a betrayal to many.

Not necessarily my point of view, but the view of many I know.

Hardcore fans my arse..... what a lot of absolute bollux these so called people are. The GB olympics team was bloody brilliant. 2012 was the best Olympics ever and I for one was chuffed Bellars featured in that side.

Id have him in charge of Wales. perhaps with an experienced head with him but his passion and guts would be the drive

Of course they are hardcore fans, 99.9% of Welsh Fans at away games especially and out in France sang Viva Gareth Bale, said he had a bad back stuff the union jack in reference to the GB side, you are in the minority, either that or anyone who sang that song but supported Bellamy and the GB Football side is seriously confused.

Ironically, before London 2012 Bale had been an enthusiastic supporter of the GB side and was looking forward to playing in it. His reasons for dropping out were "feeling the side weren't capable of challenging the medals" and "didn't want to miss 3 weeks of Spurs' pre-season training". Absolutely nothing to do with being Welsh and wanting the national team to remain independent!

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:04 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:
RV Casual wrote:A lot of hardcore Welsh Fans do not want Bellamy after he played for Great Britain in the Olympics (as did Giggs mind).

Hardcore fans my arse..... what a lot of absolute bollux these so called people are. The GB olympics team was bloody brilliant. 2012 was the best Olympics ever and I for one was chuffed Bellars featured in that side.

Id have him in charge of Wales. perhaps with an experienced head with him but his passion and guts would be the drive

Of course they are hardcore fans, 99.9% of Welsh Fans at away games especially and out in France sang Viva Gareth Bale, said he had a bad back f**k the union jack in reference to the GB side, you are in the minority, either that or anyone who sang that song but supported Bellamy and the GB Football side is seriously confused.

Ironically, before London 2012 Bale had been an enthusiastic supporter of the GB side and was looking forward to playing in it. His reasons for dropping out were "feeling the side weren't capable of challenging the medals" and "didn't want to miss 3 weeks of Spurs' pre-season training". Absolutely nothing to do with being Welsh and wanting the national team to remain independent!

In New York for the mexico friendly they had a flag saying " no team GB" and Bellamy was going nuts.
He's a clown, should respect peoples views not slate them - idiot of a man, met him a few times and he's a bigger bellend than he actually looks imo.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:09 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

mental

Like I said, not necessarily my point of view, but if you listen to the 'independent football nation' brigade they will tell you he is a traitor.

Just listen to how many Wales fans sing the Viva Gareth Bale song with gusto and the anger on some of them at the f**k the union jack part, would be a bit ironic for them to want to have a man who captained everything they despised as their new national manager, I'm personally not bothered by it as I don't think our position as an independent football nation was ever in doubt but I respect their view point.

:laughing5: :laughing5:

who are these 3 or 4 people

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:24 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:

Of course they are hardcore fans, 99.9% of Welsh Fans at away games especially and out in France sang Viva Gareth Bale, said he had a bad back f**k the union jack in reference to the GB side, you are in the minority, either that or anyone who sang that song but supported Bellamy and the GB Football side is seriously confused.

yep...pretty sure he did all the publicity shots in the team GB kit too.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:29 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
NyeBluebird wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:

In New York for the mexico friendly they had a flag saying " no team GB" and Bellamy was going nuts.
He's a clown, should respect peoples views not slate them - idiot of a man, met him a few times and he's a bigger bellend than he actually looks imo.

my opinion on Bellamy is much the same as yours..
my opinion of THE banner is lower..its one persons opinion..often NOT the opinion of those stood around it oblivious to what it says..

Re: Updated ' Very Very Strong Rumour '

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Latest odds

Craig Bellamy - 1/3
Tony Pulis - 11/4
Thierry Henry - 6/1
Ryan Giggs - 10/1
Carl Robinson - 20/1

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Latest odds

Craig Bellamy - 1/3
Tony Pulis - 11/4
Thierry Henry - 6/1
Ryan Giggs - 10/1
Carl Robinson - 20/1

Ned, I was told three days ago Bellamy will get the job, but nothing is guaranteed in football, so I put it out as a strong rumour.
Still you never know :thumbup:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Latest odds

Craig Bellamy - 1/3
Tony Pulis - 11/4
Thierry Henry - 6/1
Ryan Giggs - 10/1
Carl Robinson - 20/1

Ned, I was told three days ago Bellamy will get the job, but nothing is guaranteed in football, so I put it out as a strong rumour.
Still you never know :thumbup:

your correct what seems a nailed certainty on one day can be miles off the mark the next day in football.
i have a feeling the FAW will leave all the polls and social media stuff die down then make an announcement .
new years eve at midnight when everybody is upside down.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:The Welsh job is a stepping stone into bigger things.

Your right there Ian, thats what it will be used for.

Bellamy has no track record in management apart from what hes done for ccfc and andy legg was brought in take over.
The welsh job was always a lesser job in management but now we have come so far with coleman why would we gamble on craig bellamy.
I would say not yet to bellamy to early in his small managerial career to manage a team that made the semi finals in the euros and a team ranked in the top 20 in world football.
Dont get why we would take him at this stage.

Maybe in years to come hed be a great manager.id go for a more experienced manager to manage wales rigjt now

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:41 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Pinnacle.....ffs he hasnt even started in any league what the f**k are the FAW thinking!

Managing your country is the pinnacle of any person born in that country wether they've managed 100 clubs or none! Same as a player its pinnacle of their career no matter what you've won for club. :thumbup:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 pm

brickyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:The Welsh job is a stepping stone into bigger things.

Your right there Ian, thats what it will be used for.

Bellamy has no track record in management apart from what hes done for ccfc and andy legg was brought in take over.
The welsh job was always a lesser job in management but now we have come so far with coleman why would we gamble on craig bellamy.
I would say not yet to bellamy to early in his small managerial career to manage a team that made the semi finals in the euros and a team ranked in the top 20 in world football.
Dont get why we would take him at this stage.

Maybe in years to come hed be a great manager.id go for a more experienced manager to manage wales rigjt now

i think most would..but the reality is the Welsh job is not very well paid..so we will be stuck with either an inexperienced manager like Hughes and Speed..or an experienced manager who hasnt worked for some time like Coleman or Gould..
its cross fingers time either way..

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Good Luck to whoever gets the job .Still can't my head around Coleman to Sunderland :?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:00 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

mental

Like I said, not necessarily my point of view, but if you listen to the 'independent football nation' brigade they will tell you he is a traitor.

Just listen to how many Wales fans sing the Viva Gareth Bale song with gusto and the anger on some of them at the f**k the union jack part, would be a bit ironic for them to want to have a man who captained everything they despised as their new national manager, I'm personally not bothered by it as I don't think our position as an independent football nation was ever in doubt but I respect their view point.

3-4 people, I'm assuming you don't follow Wales or haven't for very long, go to a Wales away game and tell people you support a Team GB then come back and tell me what the reaction was.

Loads of people hate Bellamy and a lot more hate him for the fact he captained Team GB.

As I said it's not my point of view as I would put Ggigs in there with Osian Roberts. Luckily theres no rush though as no gamess till March and a big gap to the next qualifiers so the FAW can take their time over it IMO.

Bellamy might be popular with a few on here but he won't be amongst the majority of fans, there's better out there and available

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

mental

3-4 people, I'm assuming you don't follow Wales or haven't for very long, go to a Wales away game and tell people you support a Team GB then come back and tell me what the reaction was.

Loads of people hate Bellamy and a lot more hate him for the fact he captained Team GB.

As I said it's not my point of view as I would put Ggigs in there with Osian Roberts. Luckily theres no rush though as no gamess till March and a big gap to the next qualifiers so the FAW can take their time over it IMO.

Bellamy might be popular with a few on here but he won't be amongst the majority of fans, there's better out there and available

i know lots of people that hate Bellamy but never once have i heard it over the GB team and i go to most Wales games..the GB thing was a concern in some peoples eyes including the WFA but it came and went..
Bale btw was enthusiastic about team GB , pulled out injured { had the truth been other,he had no reason to not say so as the WFA had actually put presure on our players to not take part }.the song..its catchy..its the gareth bale song..personallly i dont sing it

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 am

I go to many away game

In terms of many people hating Bellamy you are simply talking out of your arsehole

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:09 am

Bellamys barmy army wrote:I go to many away game

In terms of many people hating Bellamy you are simply talking out of your arsehole

Others saying the same :thumbright: :ayatollah:

"Hate" is a strong word in any sphere; particularly when most don't know the individual involved as a person. As in life, there will always be people who "dislike" others for a multitude of reasons.

Like you, I have never personally heard anyone slate Bellamy (or any of the other Welsh players for that matter) for playing for Team GB and the same goes for Bale for suggesting he "might" but then deciding he "wouldn't"

Undue pressure (for purely unfounded and insular reasons) was put on all the Wales players not to sign up for the Olympics and when some point to players "self-interest", I suggest they need look no further than the FAW for that particular phrase!

The modern Olympics allows for 'professionals' to participate in them (see tennis, golf and several other sports as examples) and this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a number of players to experience such a stage. People also need to remember that FIFA had already given an assurance that it would not affect the state of the so-called 'Home Nations', so unless people believe in conspiracy theories it was never going to be an issue; and to the best of my knowledge, it has never been openly mentioned since

If people don't like Craig Bellamy, that is their prerogative but to drag rubbish like they have up in an attempt to support their views is pretty weak. Craig Bellamy is proud Welshman and he never shirked on the field when others (particularly the Salford lad) couldn't be bothered to turn up for the mundane games

Would Bellamy make a good manager of Wales? At this point, who knows! But one thing is for certain, given the opportunity, he has credibility in footballing terms and I believe the players (new and old) would react positively :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:09 am

Listen fella, I don't give a f**k if you believe me or not, I know loads of people who can't stand Bellamy, even Cardiff fans. I have said I don't agree with the viewpoint but these are long standing Welsh Fans who have been there through thick and thin so I respect their opinion.

I don't make things up for the sake of it, it's not that long ago Joe Allen was getting jeered and abused playing for Wales at the CCS against Scotland in front of about 10,000 with half of them being Scottish, you will be telling me that never happened in a minute no doubt or when we could barely take 1500 to Wembley to play England in a qualifier, pitiful.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:17 am

Sven wrote:

"Hate" is a strong word in any sphere; particularly when most don't know the individual involved as a person. As in life, there will always be people who "dislike" others for a multitude of reasons.

Like you, I have never personally heard anyone slate Bellamy (or any of the other Welsh players for that matter) for playing for Team GB and the same goes for Bale for suggesting he "might" but then deciding he "wouldn't"

Undue pressure (for purely unfounded and insular reasons) was put on all the Wales players not to sign up for the Olympics and when some point to players "self-interest", I suggest they need look no further than the FAW for that particular phrase!

The modern Olympics allows for 'professionals' to participate in them (see tennis, golf and several other sports as examples) and this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a number of players to experience such a stage. People also need to remember that FIFA had already given an assurance that it would not affect the state of the so-called 'Home Nations', so unless people believe in conspiracy theories it was never going to be an issue; and to the best of my knowledge, it has never been openly mentioned since

If people don't like Craig Bellamy, that is their prerogative but to drag rubbish like they have up in an attempt to support their views is pretty weak. Craig Bellamy is proud Welshman and he never shirked on the field when others (particularly the Salford lad) couldn't be bothered to turn up for the mundane games

Would Bellamy make a good manager of Wales? At this point, who knows! But one thing is for certain, given the opportunity, he has credibility in footballing terms and I believe the players (new and old) would react positively :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sven, there has been a MASSIVE anti British feeling throughout Welsh football, especialy the National side for as long as I can remember.

Quite frankly I'm astonished to here people try and say the opposite. Team GB was hated by the majority of Welsh Fans at the time that is a fact. Maybe the bandwagon jumpers that have turned up in the past 2 years don't feel the same but I can promise you nown I'm not making it up, why would I.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:38 am

RV Casual wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sven, there has been a MASSIVE anti British feeling throughout Welsh football, especialy the National side for as long as I can remember.

Quite frankly I'm astonished to here people try and say the opposite. Team GB was hated by the majority of Welsh Fans at the time that is a fact. Maybe the bandwagon jumpers that have turned up in the past 2 years don't feel the same but I can promise you nown I'm not making it up, why would I.

That wasn't against you, so apologies if that's how to was read :thumbright:

My point was that I never heard people massively slating the Welsh boys for participating in what was a big opportunity for them and that FIFA hadn't threatened the dissolution of the Home Nations, so to not want Craig Bellamy becoming Wales manager for such a perceived heinous crime as playing football on such a massive stage is simply unreasonable

I don't attend Wales matches since Alun Evans tried to ruin professional football here and I agree with you about the bandwagon jumpers; but I guess they are a consequence of modern "I must be there at point of glory!" society in which we live. I even know 'die hard' Cardiff City fans who attend The Library for certain games each season! :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:21 am

Sven wrote:

dont particularly want either Giggs or Bellamy as Wales next manager..
but this salford lad who couldnt be bothered...didnt miss big games..has 64 caps and is the only person to have represented Wales in 17 consecutive years..is well thought of in football circles and has been described as their schoolboy idol by many of our 1st team squad.
i think that deserves a bit more respect than the petty belittling comments .
as for the friendlies.he missed more than most while trying to manage injuries.but others missed them too including Bellamy who actually pulled out of one to make sure he could play for ourselves V Swansea { nobody thought ill of that, at least none of our fans }.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:09 pm

this is worrying for me - i don't believe bellamy will ever make a manager.

those saying they'd prefer him over giggs because giggs wasn't as committed to wales miss the point. management at international level is about tactics, motivation and man management.

bellamy would struggle with the man management side. he is a petulant, combustible character who lacks the people skills to manage others.

i said as soon as we failed to qualify that it should be pulis first choice, with giggs second, and those should be the people wales interview.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Stay at City Bellamy. When we get promoted this season Warnock wants to retire or possibly go upstairs, Bellamy can be a Premier League manager for City next season. As for Giggs I would never support him as he never turned up for friendlies. Fit on Saturdays, injured on Wednesdays and fit the following Saturdays, come off :clap: it.

come off it..?

Not sure what your point is here mate? Bellamy had a very serious chronic knee problem that he had to manage which he was always open and honest about. He could clearly see that he wasn't able to offer Wales what they needed from a captain due to his problem and I think stepping down was a very mature and noble thing to do. I don't think anyone can judge his commitment. Giggs is a diff story...

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Sven wrote:

Good post Chris, especially the last couple of paragraphs.
I personally know people that call Bellamy a knob because when he’s been out in pubs and restaurants in Cardiff he didn’t have any time for them and the drunks who wanted to be all over him, wanting to talk, selfies, etc.
Rumours like this stick and spread.
I’ve met him a couple of times when he’s been ‘on duty’ with Cardiff and he’s been nothing but polite and friendly. I’ve got a great picture of him and my Mrs down the Bay after we won promotion.
Like you, I don’t watch Wales live anymore but would be happy to see him given a chance especially over someone like Pullis.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

come off it..?

Not sure what your point is here mate? Bellamy had a very serious chronic knee problem that he had to manage which he was always open and honest about. He could clearly see that he wasn't able to offer Wales what they needed from a captain due to his problem and I think stepping down was a very mature and noble thing to do. I don't think anyone can judge his commitment. Giggs is a diff story...

he stopped playing friendlies is the point..all be it for a shorter period than Giggs but for the same reasons { not to be aggravating an existing problem } Giggs was also honest about it ..people being selective on what they choose to believe is a different thing altogether...im not terribly keen on Giggs getting the job or Bellamy..but as for players { not necessarily these 2 } give me a good player that plays in all the competitive games over a seventeen year period to a good player that does it for 10 but plays friendlies all day long..
thats not a dig at Bellamy the player either ..i fully appreciated his efforts for Wales.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Osian Roberts has thrown his hat in the ring today..

dont think he would have been anyones first choice, hasnt featured in any of the various fans polls..and bookmakers were not even quoting him yesterday..but for someone so close to the powers at the FAW and someone who apparently had a say in the next manager to be showing an interest. he must think he stands a good chance..????????

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:24 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Good post Chris, especially the last couple of paragraphs.
I personally know people that call Bellamy a knob because when he’s been out in pubs and restaurants in Cardiff he didn’t have any time for them and the drunks who wanted to be all over him, wanting to talk, selfies, etc.
Rumours like this stick and spread.
I’ve met him a couple of times when he’s been ‘on duty’ with Cardiff and he’s been nothing but polite and friendly. I’ve got a great picture of him and my Mrs down the Bay after we won promotion.
Like you, I don’t watch Wales live anymore but would be happy to see him given a chance especially over someone like Pullis.

Thanks, Paul :thumbup:

Craig is 100% his own man and doesn't suffer the fools gladly. However, he is more than approachable to most! ;) :thumbright: :laughing6: