' Cornelius watch '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cornelius watch '

Postby Chris Holmes » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Corny scores 2 as Atalanta thrash Everton 5-1 at Goodison in the Europa League

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 21.58.45.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 21.58.45.png (65.84 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Chris Holmes
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm

' Cornelius watch '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Corny watch

Postby mugsy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 am

Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:
mugsy
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 am

mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.
User avatar
scott_w_ccfc
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:50 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Corny watch

Postby Sam_89 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:29 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha
Sam_89
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:38 am

Re: Corny watch

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:34 am

Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha

So what are you basing that on then if not a few substitue appearances for us?
User avatar
scott_w_ccfc
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:41 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha

So what are you basing that on then if not a few substitue appearances for us?



Scott,what he's doing now is irrelevant.Its what he was billed as when he first came in,not as what he could be several years down the line.(which is now)
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Corny watch

Postby JayCee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:25 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Corect, we needed a striker and he wasn’t up to it at the time so it was a waste of good money
JayCee
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha

So what are you basing that on then if not a few substitue appearances for us?


Plus the fact that the man who paid all that money wouldn't play him either :roll: :laughing5:

The point was never that he would never make it, it was the fact that Malky spent a fortune on a striker (which everyone needs in the Prem) that wasn't ready to play at that level.

Nobody moaned about the money spent on Medel because he came into out first team and was immediatey our best player, and we made most of our money back when he was subsequently sold. Even Caulker with all his problems made an immediate impact (he was even top scorer for a while !!).

Dress it up how you like but for a newly promoted club to spend invest all of their goalscoring hopes (and large proportion of their transfer budget) in a "project" was a critical error.
piledriver64
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:16 am

piledriver64 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha

So what are you basing that on then if not a few substitue appearances for us?


Plus the fact that the man who paid all that money wouldn't play him either :roll: :laughing5:

The point was never that he would never make it, it was the fact that Malky spent a fortune on a striker (which everyone needs in the Prem) that wasn't ready to play at that level.

Nobody moaned about the money spent on Medel because he came into out first team and was immediatey our best player, and we made most of our money back when he was subsequently sold. Even Caulker with all his problems made an immediate impact (he was even top scorer for a while !!).

Dress it up how you like but for a newly promoted club to spend invest all of their goalscoring hopes (and large proportion of their transfer budget) in a "project" was a critical error.

I fear we could go round in circles with this debate and it's been done to death, but even if I did agree with your point (which I don't) it would be a lot more valid if we were having a disaster of a season and Malky had wasted our whole budget.

We weren't, and he didn't.

We were not in the bottom 3 and we still had a squad capable of surviving under him. There's nothing to say Cornelius couldn't have come good that season, most foreign players take a few months to settle and adapt.

Then again he may not have, we'll never know. A few half-fit substitute appearances is certainly not enough to judge either way.
User avatar
scott_w_ccfc
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby epping blue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:56 am

No team in or going up to the premier league gets every player acquisition right. On the whole Malkies judgement looks good. Our 2 biggest signings we all but get our money back and if memory serves me right the 2 biggest players he couldn't get in namely Capoue and Wanyama still strutting their stuff at premier league level 5 years later. We took a hit on Cornelius but in my opinion that's at least partly down to the hierarchy at Cardiff City rubbishing his ability to portray Malky as useless. I never understood as a business why we talked down the value of an asset to the extent we did. So Copenhagen take him back at a cut price although probably closer to his true value at the time. But that's signing footballers - you'll never get them all right.
epping blue
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby brewer918 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:39 am

mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:


Good week for Malky ??

Seriously how far are you up Malky's arse ? Embarrassing! :lol:
brewer918
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:15 am

Re: Corny watch

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha



Bit of perspective on him it was understood at time that 500k was his valuation by another club! Where 8m price tag for us came from one must question ? Hence legal action now concerning payments for some players! :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12489
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Corny watch

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha



Bit of perspective on him it was understood at time that 500k was his valuation by another club! Where 8m price tag for us came from one must question ? Hence legal action now concerning payments for some players! :old:

Ps he is still not worth £8m so why was he 4yrs ago? :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12489
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Corny watch

Postby dogfound » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha

So what are you basing that on then if not a few substitue appearances for us?


Plus the fact that the man who paid all that money wouldn't play him either :roll: :laughing5:

The point was never that he would never make it, it was the fact that Malky spent a fortune on a striker (which everyone needs in the Prem) that wasn't ready to play at that level.

Nobody moaned about the money spent on Medel because he came into out first team and was immediatey our best player, and we made most of our money back when he was subsequently sold. Even Caulker with all his problems made an immediate impact (he was even top scorer for a while !!).

Dress it up how you like but for a newly promoted club to spend invest all of their goalscoring hopes (and large proportion of their transfer budget) in a "project" was a critical error.

I fear we could go round in circles with this debate and it's been done to death, but even if I did agree with your point (which I don't) it would be a lot more valid if we were having a disaster of a season and Malky had wasted our whole budget.

We weren't, and he didn't.

We were not in the bottom 3 and we still had a squad capable of surviving under him. There's nothing to say Cornelius couldn't have come good that season, most foreign players take a few months to settle and adapt.

Then again he may not have, we'll never know. A few half-fit substitute appearances is certainly not enough to judge either way.



well he has had 4 years to get to the 8mill/45k a week level without Tan { apparently devalueing him :lol: :lol:} and without having to adjust in a foreign land at home in Denmark..and while the transfer market has spiralled up year on year Copenhagen eventually got a bid of 3 mill { a tad short of the insane price we paid for him } to become a bit part player at Atalanta. wow.
B } Malky...you Malkygod blokes cant have everything both ways...what credit MM deserves over this signing is that along with everyone else at the club he came to terms with the boy being miles off ..didnt pick him and started calling him one for the future rather than try to push it.
btw...players are judged by managers..scouts..coaches..other players...pundits...not just by a couple of dozen Cardiff fans on a message board....peoples judgement of him is based on 200 minutes PLUS the knowledge that none of the above have rated him to the degree Malky did {otherwise other club would have jumped in with equally large bids }.

had we keptt him..? by now we would have paid him 13.5 million in wages alone plus signing on fees and agents fees...all for a bloke that has yet to play 90 mins for Atalanta but did score twice as a sub during a rout
dogfound
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 pm

dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha

So what are you basing that on then if not a few substitue appearances for us?


Plus the fact that the man who paid all that money wouldn't play him either :roll: :laughing5:

The point was never that he would never make it, it was the fact that Malky spent a fortune on a striker (which everyone needs in the Prem) that wasn't ready to play at that level.

Nobody moaned about the money spent on Medel because he came into out first team and was immediatey our best player, and we made most of our money back when he was subsequently sold. Even Caulker with all his problems made an immediate impact (he was even top scorer for a while !!).

Dress it up how you like but for a newly promoted club to spend invest all of their goalscoring hopes (and large proportion of their transfer budget) in a "project" was a critical error.

I fear we could go round in circles with this debate and it's been done to death, but even if I did agree with your point (which I don't) it would be a lot more valid if we were having a disaster of a season and Malky had wasted our whole budget.

We weren't, and he didn't.

We were not in the bottom 3 and we still had a squad capable of surviving under him. There's nothing to say Cornelius couldn't have come good that season, most foreign players take a few months to settle and adapt.

Then again he may not have, we'll never know. A few half-fit substitute appearances is certainly not enough to judge either way.



well he has had 4 years to get to the 8mill/45k a week level without Tan { apparently devalueing him :lol: :lol:} and without having to adjust in a foreign land at home in Denmark..and while the transfer market has spiralled up year on year Copenhagen eventually got a bid of 3 mill { a tad short of the insane price we paid for him } to become a bit part player at Atalanta. wow.
B } Malky...you Malkygod blokes cant have everything both ways...what credit MM deserves over this signing is that along with everyone else at the club he came to terms with the boy being miles off ..didnt pick him and started calling him one for the future rather than try to push it.
btw...players are judged by managers..scouts..coaches..other players...pundits...not just by a couple of dozen Cardiff fans on a message board....peoples judgement of him is based on 200 minutes PLUS the knowledge that none of the above have rated him to the degree Malky did {otherwise other club would have jumped in with equally large bids }.

had we keptt him..? by now we would have paid him 13.5 million in wages alone plus signing on fees and agents fees...all for a bloke that has yet to play 90 mins for Atalanta but did score twice as a sub during a rout



Simple answer is hes never justified £8m price tag when we bought him and no one can say he as been worth that since he left city, in fact 500k is about what he is worth now and when we bought him 5yrs ago! So nothing as changed :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12489
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Corny watch

Postby maccydee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 pm

brewer918 wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:


Good week for Malky ??

Seriously how far are you up Malky's arse ? Embarrassing! :lol:


Agree with this.

He paid 8 to 10 million for a player who probably is just about worth that when the transfer system has inflated by about 500%.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:03 pm

I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 25568
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Corny watch

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:03 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:

The only people who think he was donkey are the people who were...

a) Judging him off about the 200 mins total (if that) he played for us, after coming back from a 3-month ankle injury. So you can't worry about them or take them seriously.

b) Dislike Malky (for whatever reason) and try to use this to justify the "bad job" he did for us as a counter argument to totally rebuilding a squad, getting us to a cup final, winning promotion and being outside the relegation zone when he was sacked.


or "c" (the real reason) clearly wasn't up to the task at the time of purchase despite us being told to the contrary.In those days 8m bought you alot more than we actually got.Its easy to make to make comments like this years after the event.


Agree with C. Young lad who was nowhere near the mark at that time. Never worth 8m 5 years ago. Nothing ti do with not liking malky or judging him on 200 minutes haha

So what are you basing that on then if not a few substitue appearances for us?


Plus the fact that the man who paid all that money wouldn't play him either :roll: :laughing5:

The point was never that he would never make it, it was the fact that Malky spent a fortune on a striker (which everyone needs in the Prem) that wasn't ready to play at that level.

Nobody moaned about the money spent on Medel because he came into out first team and was immediatey our best player, and we made most of our money back when he was subsequently sold. Even Caulker with all his problems made an immediate impact (he was even top scorer for a while !!).

Dress it up how you like but for a newly promoted club to spend invest all of their goalscoring hopes (and large proportion of their transfer budget) in a "project" was a critical error.

I fear we could go round in circles with this debate and it's been done to death, but even if I did agree with your point (which I don't) it would be a lot more valid if we were having a disaster of a season and Malky had wasted our whole budget.

We weren't, and he didn't.

We were not in the bottom 3 and we still had a squad capable of surviving under him. There's nothing to say Cornelius couldn't have come good that season, most foreign players take a few months to settle and adapt.

Then again he may not have, we'll never know. A few half-fit substitute appearances is certainly not enough to judge either way.


Well he's hardly been a roaring success since leaving us has he :roll: :laughing5:

His market value has plummeted to £3m, he's scored a few goals in a poor Danish league and now still can't get in the First Team of an Italian Serie A team that sits 12th in the table.

Exactly when is he going to fulfill his potential :?

I go back to it; even if he does flourish now nobody with any football knowledge, including us supporters, thought that he could make it in the Premiership that year. It doesn't take many minutes on a field to see that couldn't shoot, couldn't control the ball, not great in the air and ran around like a lost sheep :roll:

You started this off by seeming to say two goals against a poor Everton team as a substitute justified Malky spending £8-10m on this guy 4 years ago. It doesn't.
piledriver64
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Corny watch

Postby dogfound » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 pm

mugsy wrote:Perhaps not such a donkey after all! :lol: Good week for Malky ;) :ayatollah:



yeah im sure the whole football world sat up and took notice......isnt that Atalanta sub the rough diamond MM found ?.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
and im sure Malky was absolutely thrilled to see his name in every single newspaper associated { although not being sued } with crooked transfer dealings..
dogfound
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby dogfound » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:



its not new though..
although blaming Malkys failure at Wigan on being distracted by a bloke thousands of miles away ..wow.{ maybe he should have resigned or not taken the job } i know none of us would be happy to lose every week because Warnock was pre occupied with a fued from his previous job...
and Tan driving ACorns value down..? lets just ignore the fact that our manager..by then wasnt picking him and calling him one for the future {on 45k a week}..im sure that enhanced his value..
dogfound
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby maccydee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:


It certainly has some very crazy views.

Tan is also to blame for the head of the Scottish FA saying Malky isn’t an option for the Scotland job. Tan was also to blame for Holland beating Scotland the other week.

Please don’t go.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.
User avatar
scott_w_ccfc
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby dogfound » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.



he blew a massive part of the budget..and the squad was not good enough....it had neither experience or much in the way of youngsters with potential..only 3 players have gone on to play in the prem after our relegation and none have made any impact there....a record inexperienced signing on huge wages { for the future } wasnt exactly what was needed..
dogfound
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:26 pm

:lol: :lol: you are either Malkys cousin,one of those bent agents or been sniffing too much glue :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 4301
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby maccydee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 pm

dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.



he blew a massive part of the budget..and the squad was not good enough....it had neither experience or much in the way of youngsters with potential..only 3 players have gone on to play in the prem after our relegation and none have made any impact there....a record inexperienced signing on huge wages { for the future } wasnt exactly what was needed..


Two right backs signed, One didn’t play at all. One striker signed for the future. Caulker did ok. Medel was really good but run out of steam due to the amount of work he had to do.

Our squad was left very imbalanced despite a lot of money being spent. Hull and Palace spent their money far more wisely.
maccydee
 
Posts: 4796
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.



he blew a massive part of the budget..and the squad was not good enough....it had neither experience or much in the way of youngsters with potential..only 3 players have gone on to play in the prem after our relegation and none have made any impact there....a record inexperienced signing on huge wages { for the future } wasnt exactly what was needed..

In that case, Malky deserves even more credit then as when he was sacked, he left this "inexperienced and not good enough" squad outside of the relegation zone. :ayatollah:
User avatar
scott_w_ccfc
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby scott_w_ccfc » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 am

Sneggyblubird wrote::lol: :lol: you are either Malkys cousin,one of those bent agents or been sniffing too much glue :lol: :lol:

All 3.
User avatar
scott_w_ccfc
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:26 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.



he blew a massive part of the budget..and the squad was not good enough....it had neither experience or much in the way of youngsters with potential..only 3 players have gone on to play in the prem after our relegation and none have made any impact there....a record inexperienced signing on huge wages { for the future } wasnt exactly what was needed..

In that case, Malky deserves even more credit then as when he was sacked, he left this "inexperienced and not good enough" squad outside of the relegation zone.


Out side of it but falling into it at a rapid pace :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12489
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Postby dogfound » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:36 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.



he blew a massive part of the budget..and the squad was not good enough....it had neither experience or much in the way of youngsters with potential..only 3 players have gone on to play in the prem after our relegation and none have made any impact there....a record inexperienced signing on huge wages { for the future } wasnt exactly what was needed..

In that case, Malky deserves even more credit then as when he was sacked, he left this "inexperienced and not good enough" squad outside of the relegation zone. :ayatollah:



maybe youd have a point had our results been steady but we won 1 of his lat 8 games in which we scored 4 and conceded 15.
its called being found out..defending like its Rourkes Drift and pinching one up the other end was over.
its the sort of form that managers get sacked for year in year out..
we were poor. the squad wasnt good enough..and there had been funds there to strengthen..no he does not deserve credit for either not seeing it and sorting it out { if mistakes were genuine } or not giving two hoots .
dogfound
 
Posts: 3488
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], DJS, Google [Bot], Pembroke bluebird, Springer blue and 44 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.