Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cornelius watch '

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:15 am

dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.

he blew a massive part of the budget..and the squad was not good enough....it had neither experience or much in the way of youngsters with potential..only 3 players have gone on to play in the prem after our relegation and none have made any impact there....a record inexperienced signing on huge wages { for the future } wasnt exactly what was needed..

In that case, Malky deserves even more credit then as when he was sacked, he left this "inexperienced and not good enough" squad outside of the relegation zone. :ayatollah:

maybe youd have a point had our results been steady but we won 1 of his lat 8 games in which we scored 4 and conceded 15.
its called being found out..defending like its Rourkes Drift and pinching one up the other end was over.
its the sort of form that managers get sacked for year in year out..
we were poor. the squad wasnt good enough..and there had been funds there to strengthen..no he does not deserve credit for either not seeing it and sorting it out { if mistakes were genuine } or not giving two hoots .

Nonsense. We were never in the relegation places while he was in charge taking 17 points out of 18 games. We took 13 out of the remaining 20. The remaining 20 games provided a significantly easier set of fixtures. 7 of the remaining 10 home games against teams who finished in the bottom half and one of the others against Stoke. Malky was well on course to keep us up.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:42 am

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think I can read this board anymore, Tan to blame for Malky at Wigan and now people defending the Cornelius transfer, no one without an agenda can honestly believe he was the right striker for this club and that the price wasn't madness. Christ the stick DJ got for paying big wages. Im out, its just not even worth trying to debate anymore. :banghead:

I don't think he was.

Point is that one (potentially) wrong decision doesn't override all the amazing work Malky did for us.

If he had blown all our budget on a player which left us with a squad not good enough and we were bottom of the league, then maybe. But we weren't.

Promotion to the PL made the club enough money to forgive one supposedly bad signing which he didn't get chance to oversee and manage.

he blew a massive part of the budget..and the squad was not good enough....it had neither experience or much in the way of youngsters with potential..only 3 players have gone on to play in the prem after our relegation and none have made any impact there....a record inexperienced signing on huge wages { for the future } wasnt exactly what was needed..

In that case, Malky deserves even more credit then as when he was sacked, he left this "inexperienced and not good enough" squad outside of the relegation zone. :ayatollah:

maybe youd have a point had our results been steady but we won 1 of his lat 8 games in which we scored 4 and conceded 15.
its called being found out..defending like its Rourkes Drift and pinching one up the other end was over.
we were poor. the squad wasnt good enough..and there had been funds there to strengthen..no he does not deserve credit for either not seeing it and sorting it out { if mistakes were genuine } or not giving two hoots .

Nonsense. We were never in the relegation places while he was in charge taking 17 points out of 18 games. We took 13 out of the remaining 20. The remaining 20 games provided a significantly easier set of fixtures. 7 of the remaining 10 home games against teams who finished in the bottom half and one of the others against Stoke. Malky was well on course to keep us up.

How could he be on course to keep us up when at time of sacking we were dropping down and next game was arsenal I believe which could have put us in bottom 3 if lost!? And to stay up you need to score and that something we could not do regularly, only MM fans can say he would keep us up most neutrals expected relegation. :old:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:54 am

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I don't think he was.

thats not how football works though is it..?
easier games is how everyone else viewed us.we were poor apart from a handful of games and were at the point of sacking dropping like a stone..but my point isnt that we would defo have gone down its that there is no evidence that we would have stayed up..and that 1 win in 8 and being that close to the drop zone..it really isnt unusual to see the manager go.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:18 pm

dogfound wrote:
epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I don't think he was.

thats not how football works though is it..?
easier games is how everyone else viewed us.we were poor apart from a handful of games and were at the point of sacking dropping like a stone..but my point isnt that we would defo have gone down its that there is no evidence that we would have stayed up..and that 1 win in 8 and being that close to the drop zone..it really isnt unusual to see the manager go.

And replaced by a manager who took us down and wasted more money !! - Yes Good Move :roll:

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:25 am

dogfound wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I don't think he was.

Really, yes he spent a lot of money for AC and yes it didn't work out ( Alex F at Man U spent over 30M for Veron and that didn't work out either ) Squad not good enough ? well i didn't see them in the bottom 3 until OGS turned up with his useless signings and attempted attacking football which totally backfired and got us back to Championship, and he was useless there as well. :bluescarf: