' Kenneth Zohore has an operation '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:44 am

Neil Warnock delivers positive news on Kenneth Zohore's injury

Friday 24th November 2017

Kenneth Zohore may make his Cardiff City return as soon as the Norwich City clash on December 1 after Neil Warnock revealed the striker has had an operation.

Zohore has been struggling with a heel injury — which has kept him sidelined since the Bluebirds' 1-0 defeat to Birmingham City on October 13 — meaning Danny Ward has enjoyed an extended run in the side.

But the Dane is close to making a full recovery after undergoing minor surgery, says Warnock.

The Cardiff boss revealed the details of Zohore's operation and was optimistic the influential forward would return sooner rather than later as his injury-hit Bluebirds prepare for a trip to Nottingham Forest.

"Kenneth has had a little operation on the back of his heel and he's had quite a lot of scar tissue taken away," said Warnock at his Friday press conference.

"The surgeon said it shouldn't be long. It's just a healing process now. But he said we did the right thing in trying to manipulate it away and inject it.

"But he said he'd not seen scar tissue around that issue before, it's very unusual. So Ken wasn't lying when he said he was in pain.

"I don't think it'll be long," added Warnock when pressed on a potential return game for Zohore.

The striker has only scored three goals this season but remains one of Cardiff's key attacking weapons.

"They said it would be a couple of weeks. I haven't written Norwich off yet but I imagine definitely the game after."

"So we've got a few that we're trying to nurse through this period and get over the Norwich game, then we've got 10 days off until Reading which will be a blessing."
Attachments
CDF_131017_CF_Birmingham_v_Cardiff_023JPG-2.jpg
CDF_131017_CF_Birmingham_v_Cardiff_023JPG-2.jpg (33.22 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Kenneth Zohore has an operation '

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:21 am

Good news on Kenneth Zohore! :thumbright:

Seems he who may not have been the 'Wuss' that some (including the manager) suggested he was, if it needed an op and it'll be good to have him back before the busy period! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: ' Kenneth Zohore has an operation '

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Sven wrote:Good news on Kenneth Zohore! :thumbright:

Seems he who may not have been the 'Wuss' that some (including the manager) suggested he was, if it needed an op and it'll be good to have him back before the busy period! :ayatollah:

It was only minor one and a common one!
Obviously prefer not to do it thats why club waited to see if alternative measures would work? Good to know be back hopefully next week probably on bench :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat