Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 2014/2015 Cosway Sports Shirts "

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Hiya everyone!

I'm a new member here, but I've been following CC off and on ever since managing them in the old Football Manager Games (2006 was the first time I picked them, I think).

I also write a small blog about special football shirts, and I've recently bought both the red and blue shirts that were made in-house by Cosway to do an article about. Hope you'll take the time to give it a read;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/11/19/cardiff-city-2014-2015-home-away-shirts/

Needless to say, they were pretty horrible, and I was wondering what everyone thought of these kits, whether they owned them or skipped them altogether.

Re: 2014/2015 Cosway Sports Shirts

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 pm

I can confirm our Despicable Red shirt sales were the lowest of any Premier League Club :D :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

The Blue shirt sold fast, but City were delibereatly not printing that many :cry: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: " 2014/2015 Cosway Sports Shirts "

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Horrible kits. I never bought anything red or with that badge on.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 pm

I just read the link, good read but we play at Cardiff City stadium not the millennium stadium :lol:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 pm

never been called a denizen before.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:27 pm

The strip was actually produced by a local manufacturer owned by the then Cardiff Finance Directors brother in law. It was truly awful in terms of abysmal design and even worse quality. Not many bought it, even when it almost being given away.

No Cardiff fan thought that Puma kit was substandard and also nobody thinks that Adidas is also "sub-par", so I'm not sure where you got that information or impression.

Good read generally though. :bluebird:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Dont forget the white version aswell which I think we wore once (Bournemouth away was it?)
The earlier Puma kits were excellent quality.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Didn't own any of those shirts, I didn't buy any of the shirts with the beermat badge

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Dont forget the white version aswell which I think we wore once (Bournemouth away was it?)
The earlier Puma kits were excellent quality.

That's correct, we were all chanting "why the f**k are we in white" and the Bournemouth fans were clapping us. A couple of weeks later, Ipswich played away to Bournemouth, wearing their blue of course!

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:42 pm

we was in Brean on my sons football tour last june and there was a woman with a stall selling all the red cardiff city stuff from that time with the aweful badge on, polos for a quid, the tops for £3, beach towels the lot, she said she bought it all off the club for peanuts. :lol:

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 pm

murphy wrote:I just read the link, good read but we play at Cardiff City stadium not the millennium stadium :lol:

Cheers, I sorted that out the moment I read that post. Blame it on my feeble continental mind :lol:

GrangeEndStar wrote:The strip was actually produced by a local manufacturer owned by the then Cardiff Finance Directors brother in law. It was truly awful in terms of abysmal design and even worse quality. Not many bought it, even when it almost being given away.

No Cardiff fan thought that Puma kit was substandard and also nobody thinks that Adidas is also "sub-par", so I'm not sure where you got that information or impression.

That's a great thing to learn, I should edit that particular section right away. The bits about Puma and adidas are my own opinions rather than reflecting fans' sentiments. Really not keen on those two and Nike, would love to see Cardiff work with Errea again instead.

I should actually try and get the white third shirt as well, but I already feel bad having wasted money on these two tops. The red one rang me a tenner which isn't too bad given the signatures, but the blue one just sucks and is only relevant due to it being the return to proper colours.