Re: Another 20 million off our debt

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Well done Vincent Tan :ayatollah:

Are you sure it's Tan that should be getting the credit? :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Because Tan created the debt himself :lol:

Only part of it Annis VT certainly didn't create the Langson debt or the leftovers from Riddler/PMG/Stadium Build. Also he certainly wasn't helped by some of the signings his managers made.

However, by taking responsibility he is displaying a great deal of honour, something some posters in this thread are not doing by making petty remarks.

Re: Updated " ANOTHER £20m OFF OUR DEBT "

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:08 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We can bicker over who caused the debt but the GOOD NEWS is it's coming down!

However, it is still around the £100m mark but the club has given an assurance that it will be swiped completely by 2021. From the evidence we have so far the club (i.e. Vincent Tan) is keeping his word.

Tony, agreed it is coming down,which will make it more saleable. :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tan tried this Summer gone to sell us, but the finances stopped the sale, promotion to the Premier League, would def help sell us :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:10 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Only part of it Annis VT certainly didn't create the Langson debt or the leftovers from Riddler/PMG/Stadium Build. Also he certainly wasn't helped by some of the signings his managers made.

However, by taking responsibility he is displaying a great deal of honour, something some posters in this thread are not doing by making petty remarks.

Tan bought in to the debts and then created a far far bigger one.
But thankfully he has learnt and as you say in another post he is bringing it down that is what matters now :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Fixed it or you Tony,perhaps someone else could tell us the names of any former owners who actually took responsibility for the mess they caused.To be fair Vincent Tan gets my respect because he's not only cleaning up his own mess but all others before him.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Fixed it or you Tony,perhaps someone else could tell us the names of any former owners who actually took responsibility for the mess they caused.To be fair Vincent Tan gets my respect because he's not only cleaning up his own mess but all others before him.

spot on as was Tonys post.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:43 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We can bicker over who caused the debt but the GOOD NEWS is it's coming down!

However, it is still around the £100m mark but the club has given an assurance that it will be swiped completely by 2021. From the evidence we have so far the club (i.e. Vincent Tan) is keeping his word.

:thumbup:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

But thankfully he has learnt and as you say in another post he is bringing it down that is what matters now :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

learned what though..
come the January window do you want Tan to back NW for a promotion push ..which once again will increase debt...or have the learned his lesson head on and sell our best players in prep for next season when we lose our parachute payments?
been far too much knocking him for debt but also wanting managers backed to increase debt.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:03 am

I really dont understand why some so called fans still try to bash Vincent Tan. He has said he will make Cardiff City debt free in a few seasons so even if he did rack the debt up, which i dont agree with, he is a man of his word and is doing exactly what he said.
We are looking great on and off the pitch this season so let's give Vincent Tan the respect he definatly deserves :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

learned what though..
come the January window do you want Tan to back NW for a promotion push ..which once again will increase debt...or have the learned his lesson head on and sell our best players in prep for next season when we lose our parachute payments?
been far too much knocking him for debt but also wanting managers backed to increase debt.

Learnt not to Rebrand a club and break their fans hearts and laugh in their faces :bluescarf: , not get managers in who are yes men and not waste £200million in to a football club, that you don't have a clue about.

8 managers/6 CEO'S unbelievable and £200 mill worth of debts.

Thankfully their were Sky payments worth multi millions and Tan had the finances to also get us out of the mess he mainly created.

The Good news is, we are moving onwards and upwards :thumbright: :bluebird:

Just need our hardcore fans back ASAP :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

learned what though..

Learnt not to Rebrand a club and break their fans hearts and laugh in their faces :bluescarf: , not get managers in who are yes men and not waste £200million in to a football club, that you don't have a clue about.

Thankfully their were Sky payments worth multi millions and Tan had the finances to also get us out of the mess he mainly created.

but do you want him to gamble on Warnock...knowing the SKY money ends .and should it fail it means more debt
or do you want him to sell assets to make 100% sure we are not once again making huge loses next season.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

learned what though..

but do you want him to gamble on Warnock...knowing the SKY money ends .and should it fail it means more debt
or do you want him to sell assets to make 100% sure we are not once again making huge loses next season.

i want him to back Warnock...the debt has never concerned me since he has been here tbh..

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Our friends down West would swap owners, ours puts in all there owners do is take out.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Exactly. Where's my medal for paying my credit card off?

All malkys fault too, nothing to do with Vincent being a fool with his money.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:31 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yes tans been a foolish and he's paying for that but at end day nobody can accuse him of opting out of his responsibilities, can hate him for red but name another owner who's ruined a club (there's a few) who have or are trying to rectify their mistakes? :old:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Totally agree

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

What about the 62 million debt before he took over ?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Don't be silly Wez your on the wrong forum if you want to discuss that, this is a Tan bashing zone only.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:13 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Don't be silly Wez your on the wrong forum if you want to discuss that, this is a Tan bashing zone only.

Everyone is having their say and is allowed their opinions/beliefs, you can't force people to change their opinions when the facts are there :thumbright:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Everyone is having their say and is allowed their opinions/beliefs, you can't force people to change their opinions when the facts are there :thumbright:

Agreed but I think about 10 people have picked holes in your facts and you've ignored it lol we all have differing views and opinions I like you do now hated Tan but there is no denying he is getting the shop in order now and that's a fact.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:05 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Agreed but I think about 10 people have picked holes in your facts and you've ignored it lol we all have differing views and opinions I like you do now hated Tan but there is no denying he is getting the shop in order now and that's a fact.

We certainly are improving on and off the field and yes Tan is still our owner, so it is under him :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

As to picking holes, I stand by my facts and we all just go round and round in circles same old debates :lol: :thumbright:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
welshguy wrote:Don't remember Sam paying off the debts he accumulated...

Your right, he signed (£28 mill) it over the Riddler/Hall & Guy with £30mill worth of players and everything set up for a new stadium/shopping area, which many made fortunes out of.

Funny how when I have put a fact in,the topic regarding Tan gets derailed and changed to some-one else :lol: :lol:

This is Tans topic and I have answered your question, so answer mine now, Tan himself created the majority of the £180mill correct?

Under 100 million now also the debt stood at 62 million when tan took over so he's only added 40 million in 6 years

It reached nearly £200 mill Wez :shock:

Riddler doubled our debt, as his associates made multi £millions out of our club. :evil:

To be fair Tan has made nothing out of City just lost money.

To be fair, not many club owners clear debts these days. (their own or otherwise) Well done Tan I say. We will be debt free because of him one day. Best we back him, not knock him. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We certainly are improving on and off the field and yes Tan is still our owner, so it is under him :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

As to picking holes, I stand by my facts and we all just go round and round in circles same old debates :lol: :thumbright:

Can't complain annis it boosts your bank balance with hits? :laughing6:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:13 pm

well done to tan for clearing some of the debt he has loaded on the club.

i've said it for so long now - the people at the top of the club are incompetent, and lack the expertise to run a football club properly. neil warnock sorting out the football side out should not distract from that.

we have no long term plan. we cleared the decks for solksjaer to impose his vision, then sacked him. we then had a long term plan with slade as director of football which lasted a couple of weeks, then we hired trollope on the back of his work with wales. we then hired warnock as a stop gap and he turned out to be rather good. more luck than judgment.

personally i think we need a new owner to move on from this debacle, and try and attract the fans we have lost.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:32 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:well done to tan for clearing some of the debt he has loaded on the club.

i've said it for so long now - the people at the top of the club are incompetent, and lack the expertise to run a football club properly. neil warnock sorting out the football side out should not distract from that.

we have no long term plan. we cleared the decks for solksjaer to impose his vision, then sacked him. we then had a long term plan with slade as director of football which lasted a couple of weeks, then we hired trollope on the back of his work with wales. we then hired warnock as a stop gap and he turned out to be rather good. more luck than judgment.

personally i think we need a new owner to move on from this debacle, and try and attract the fans we have lost.

So the current owner took on the club with 65million debt and your gonna glaze over that fact?
The current owner stopped us going into administration(fans wanted it)returned us to blue (fans wanted it), employed Neil Warlock (fans wanted it), reduced the debt year on year and converted some to equity (fans wanted it) and you want him gone for a new owner?

Yes he's made slip ups but just look down in west Wales before wishing for a new owner.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Sure Tan made a few mistakes along the way especially the rebrand and i could never get used to us playing in red but i would by far have him as our owner than as some other clubs find out virtually ruin them. Be careful what and who you wish for. Ask Blackburn and Coventry fans

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:Sure Tan made a few mistakes along the way especially the rebrand and i could never get used to us playing in red but i would by far have him as our owner than as some other clubs find out virtually ruin them. Be careful what and who you wish for. Ask Blackburn and Coventry fans

Ask Leicester fans.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Learnt not to Rebrand a club and break their fans hearts and laugh in their faces :bluescarf: , not get managers in who are yes men and not waste £200million in to a football club, that you don't have a clue about.

Most fans Annis including me agree Tan made some awful decisions and you have highlighted the worst of them above, no argument there.

However, he is sorting the mess out and not simply jumping ship, unlike Sam, the Riddler, PMG and half a dozen ex-owners over the past 5 decades.

It is time to judge him on what he is doing now rather than just referring back to the mistakes.

As for the 'hard core fans' why are they described like that if they have abandoned the club? Rather than feeling sorry for them I think it is time to tell them to grow a pair, stop acting like a bunch of Jessie's and get back down the City because there is no excuse anymore for staying away.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:43 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:well done to tan for clearing some of the debt he has loaded on the club.

No long term plan????

What the hell do you call the debt to equity swap which will wipe all of our debt by 2021?

People at the top are incompetent?

For the most part we have complied with FFP only suffering a short term transfer embargo because of a 'technical' breach which Keith Morgan (Since62) is on record as saying the FL were wrong to impose it against us. QPR a club of comparable size (and owned by a Malaysian businessman) are facing a £50m fine for real incompetence.

Arsenal apart there isn't a club in the whole Premier/Football League than doesn't hire and fire managers on a regular basis. Warnock himself said you are generally 4 straight defeats away from the sack.

We have recruited badly over recent years but as said we are far from alone, it is the nature of football, although I would take issue with Slade as I believe he did a very good job in trying circumstances.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Learnt not to Rebrand a club and break their fans hearts and laugh in their faces :bluescarf: , not get managers in who are yes men and not waste £200million in to a football club, that you don't have a clue about.

Most fans Annis including me agree Tan made some awful decisions and you have highlighted the worst of them above, no argument there.

However, he is sorting the mess out and not simply jumping ship, unlike Sam, the Riddler, PMG and half a dozen ex-owners over the past 5 decades.

It is time to judge him on what he is doing now rather than just referring back to the mistakes.

As for the 'hard core fans' why are they described like that if they have abandoned the club? Rather than feeling sorry for them I think it is time to tell them to grow a pair, stop acting like a bunch of Jessie's and get back down the City because there is no excuse anymore for staying away.

Tony, I am mellowing out over Tan and as the weeks go on, I am starting to see Tan has learnt and is running our club a lot better, its certain posters on here bring the worse out in me and I bite :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Tony, I am mellowing out over Tan and as the weeks go on, I am starting to see Tan has learnt and is running our club a lot better, its certain posters on here bring the worse out in me and I bite :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Well done tan lover get your Malaysia flag out again :lol: