Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated " ANOTHER £20m OFF OUR DEBT "

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:02 pm

' Updated '

Cardiff’s debts – specifically to owner Tan – has been a cause of concern for some fans for some years.

In 2016, they welcomed the Malaysian businessman’s promise to undertake a series of moves to make Cardiff debt-free within five years. It has included Tan writing off large chunks of loans as well as starting the debt conversion process, with an £8m conversion into equity noted in the last set of the club’s accounts.

Now, following positive meetings between Trust representatives and club directors, the fans' body have revealed that, five months ago, Tan converted an additional £20.7m since the May 2016 accounts to further reduce the money owed to the owner.

Well done Vincent Tan :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Another 20 million off our debt

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Wez, wheres this from ?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Wez, wheres this from ?

Trust statement on forum :thumbup:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Apparently the debt is under 100 million now not bad seeing as some on here said we were 175 to 200 million in debt

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:Well done Vincent Tan :ayatollah:

Are you sure it's Tan that should be getting the credit? :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:09 pm

DEANO wrote:Come on where’s the sticky button

Done (only just saw the thread) ;) :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:14 pm

dogfound wrote:

Better than 175 million or even 200 million

Re: ANOTHER £20m OFF OUR DEBT?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Well done Vinny T

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:Apparently the debt is under 100 million now not bad seeing as some on here said we were 175 to 200 million in debt

Don't recall it being anywhere near that before Tan came.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Apparently the debt is under 100 million now not bad seeing as some on here said we were 175 to 200 million in debt

That's very true but then again the debt we had was taking us to high court, and we wasn't aiming for premiership either :old:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I remember it being enough to finish our club off once and for all but hey let's skip over that fact so we can bash Tan.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:01 am

Who ran up that debt whilst learning to run a football club, constant mis management? Useless CEO’s.....
Bit like me paying off my credit card isn’t it?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 am

goats wrote:Who ran up that debt whilst learning to run a football club, constant mis management? Useless CEO’s.....

Don't forget about the debt paid to Sam, that was a lot of debt and there was also a lot of debt when VT took over the club :thumbup:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:08 am

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good man -well done Vincent Tan. Let's give credit where its due!! :bluebird:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:12 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I remember it being enough to finish our club off once and for all but hey let's skip over that fact so we can bash Tan.

No lets not skip over it.

The amount you are talking about was around £4m for the taxman. That is a small amount for someone to pay to own a club knocking on the Premiership door with all its treasure on offer.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

That's very true but then again the debt we had was taking us to high court, and we wasn't aiming for premiership either :old:

We were knocking on the Premiership door.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:25 am

Enough negativity about Tan he's our gaffer full stop it's about time we got over it and concentrated more on the team, where we are in the championship a lot of supporters would give there right arm for.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:37 am

Igovernor wrote:
goats wrote:Who ran up that debt whilst learning to run a football club, constant mis management? Useless CEO’s.....

Don't forget about the debt paid to Sam, that was a lot of debt and there was also a lot of debt when VT took over the club :thumbup:

Also all the stadium debts

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:42 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

No lets not skip over it.

The amount you are talking about was around £4m for the taxman. That is a small amount for someone to pay to own a club knocking on the Premiership door with all its treasure on offer.

it might have been a small amount in football terms, not sure of the exact amount but it was certainly more than could reasonably be found without a backer and Tan was the only one interested in jumping in..i dont think he bought the whole club for that amount either..
the club btw was not just in debt to the tax man, it was losing money hand over fist and had a queue of debtors not just that HMRC BILL so his commitment and investment didnt stop at that first bill.
your not daft,its not that you cant grasp this but your blind hatred of him overides the reality.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:47 am

Cardiff’s debts – specifically to owner Tan – has been a cause of concern for some fans for some years.

In 2016, they welcomed the Malaysian businessman’s promise to undertake a series of moves to make Cardiff debt-free within five years. It has included Tan writing off large chunks of loans as well as starting the debt conversion process, with an £8m conversion into equity noted in the last set of the club’s accounts.

Now, following positive meetings between Trust representatives and club directors, the fans' body have revealed that five months ago Tan converted an additional £20.7m since the May 2016 accounts to further reduce the money owed to the owner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:48 am

Where's you're post gone Annis I was just responding and it disappeared

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff’s debts – specifically to owner Tan – has been a cause of concern for some fans for some years.

Vincent Tan and Neil Warnock wave to fans before the game against Aston Villa. (Image: Peter Thomas.)
Now, following positive meetings between Trust representatives and club directors, the fans' body have revealed that, five months ago, Tan converted an additional £20.7m since the May 2016 accounts to further reduce the money owed to the owner.

There it is Annis 20 million 5 months ago

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:50 am

wez1927 wrote:Where's you're post gone Annis I was just responding and it disappeared

I have updated it for you Wez and included, yes your right Tan has cleared another £20mill of the debt :thumbright: :bluebird:

But may I add he created the majority of it himself and is virtually only clearing his own debt :thumbup: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff’s debts – specifically to owner Tan – has been a cause of concern for some fans for some years.

Vincent Tan and Neil Warnock wave to fans before the game against Aston Villa. (Image: Peter Thomas.)

There it is Annis 20 million 5 months ago

I just put it out myself Wez :thumbright:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:54 am

dogfound wrote:

:lol:

Because Tan created the debt himself :lol:

Re: Updated " ANOTHER £20m OFF OUR DEBT "

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 am

Don't remember Sam paying off the debts he accumulated...

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:08 am

welshguy wrote:Don't remember Sam paying off the debts he accumulated...

Your right, he signed (£28 mill) it over the Riddler/Hall & Guy with £30mill worth of players and everything set up for a new stadium/shopping area, which many made fortunes out of.

Funny how when I have put a fact in,the topic regarding Tan gets derailed and changed to some-one else :lol: :lol:

This is Tans topic and I have answered your question, so answer mine now, Tan himself created the majority of the £180mill correct?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Your right, he signed (£28 mill) it over the Riddler/Hall & Guy with £30mill worth of players and everything set up for a new stadium/shopping area, which many made fortunes out of.

Funny how when I have put a fact in,the topic regarding Tan gets derailed and changed to some-one else :lol: :lol:

This is Tans topic and I have answered your question, so answer mine now, Tan himself created the majority of the £180mill correct?

Under 100 million now also the debt stood at 62 million when tan took over so he's only added 40 million in 6 years

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Under 100 million now also the debt stood at 62 million when tan took over so he's only added 40 million in 6 years

It reached nearly £200 mill Wez :shock:

Riddler doubled our debt, as his associates made multi £millions out of our club. :evil:

To be fair Tan has made nothing out of City just lost money.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:03 am

We can bicker over who caused the debt but the GOOD NEWS is it's coming down!

However, it is still around the £100m mark but the club has given an assurance that it will be swiped completely by 2021. From the evidence we have so far the club (i.e. Vincent Tan) is keeping his word.