Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales v All Blacks

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Just been told that Wales have lost their last 29 games against the All Blacks and have not beaten them for 64 years???

Until the last Euros I thought our record of qualifying for a major tournament was poor...but losing 29 games in a row is just shocking

And we are supposed to be a Rugby Nation???

Re: Wales v All Blacks

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Just daft post entirely.

Firstly your comparing Wales football qualifcations to playing against a single team is void. It makes zero sense.

Secondly New Zealand have consistently Been the number one team in world rugby spanning back over 60 years.

It's a bit like saying I can't believe Wales have only ever beaten Brazil once in football.

By any chance did your Mrs run off with a rugby player as you've desperately tried to put the game down and flatly failed.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:03 pm

Are we a rugby nation? Yes, Wales get 55k crowd against Georgia, the Rugby equivalent of the Faroe Islands. Every 6 Nation game will also be getting 70k+ crowds plus most of the Autumn international games have/will be sell outs.

Is Wales a football nation? Yes of course, we've got teams attracting ~20k crowds each week as well as our own national league and as of the last few years the national team gets 30k crowds.

Wales isn't just a one sport nation and both rugby and football win different categories in what makes them the "dominant sport"

Personally although I massively prefer football I'll support Wales in any sporting event as it's my country :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:27 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Just daft post entirely.

Firstly your comparing Wales football qualifcations to playing against a single team is void. It makes zero sense.

Secondly New Zealand have consistently Been the number one team in world rugby spanning back over 60 years.

It's a bit like saying I can't believe Wales have only ever beaten Brazil once in football.

By any chance did your Mrs run off with a rugby player as you've desperately tried to put the game down and flatly failed.

Thanks for your concern but No my wife didn't run off with a rugby player and as far as I am aware has no plans to in the future

Also, I would like to point out I quite like rugby and used to very much enjoy watching my son play for our local team when he was younger, and I was not trying to put the game down

I am also aware the All Blacks have produced some exceptional teams over the years

I was just pointing out that I personally find it shocking that our national Rugby team which is constantly ranked in the top 5/6 nations in the world has lost 29 games in a ROW, during a period stretching back 64 years to another team.

Especially when you bear in mind England a team we beat on a regular basis, have managed to beat the All Blacks I think 7 times during roughly the same period

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 am

Wales definitely have an inferiority complex of some kind against NZ.
Been close a few times but generally get blown away.

Maybe tonight would be a good chance but with 3 of lions out it seems unlikely.
I will watch it until NZ pull away then I'll watch Liverpool v Chelsea.
I'm lucky that I enjoy many sports, but I only love one. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Can’t really compare the two sports as nearly every nation on the planet wants to play football and you would be hard pushed to find 30 rugby playing nations.
Out of the top 10 rugby nations I think only New Zealand and Wales is where rugby is the National sport.So basically in 60 years and 29 games with no win is piss poor.
Hopefully Football will soon be our national sport.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Captions please...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Wales eggs are not as good as they think they are.

They can't win a World Cup despite only about 12 countries who are actually decent at it.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:14 pm

They need to abandon mass choir singing anthem they block out atmosphere sounds so tinny and as if no one there! :roll:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:00 pm

FT - WALES 18 : 33 NZ. The wait goes on .