Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone play Cardiff Combination League football?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:56 am

Who did you play for?

Looking now, there are not a lot of teams left with the divisions made up of 1st and 2nd teams. I remember a 5 team league inc Premier league with teams from all walks of life.

I played about 15 years before going over to the dark side and having a decent career in refereeing.

I played for old Hibs Sports but spent most of the rest of my playing time at Cardiff Covenanters and Corinthians.

Re: Anyone play Cardiff Combination League football?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm

I played for CEB late 70's early 80's, won quite a few league and cup medals. I was an overlapping right back and penalty taker. I'm always shouting my head off at Lee Peltier when he's playing to get forward, but he doesn't listen to me :banghead:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:00 pm

I was in goal for Wiggins Teape. Did they play combination league? I really can’t remember it was so long ago my memory is fading.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:39 am

I played for Cardiff Covenanters back in the early 1990s :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 pm

salopiancity wrote:I was in goal for Wiggins Teape. Did they play combination league? I really can’t remember it was so long ago my memory is fading.

They played Cardiff & District, played against them for Llanrumney YC :bluescarf:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 am

My old man played for st Patrick's,grange quins,cardiff corries an barry town back in the day wasn't a bad player......was many more teams back then compared with today