Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Lapland '

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:19 am

' Lapland '

I'm off next week to Lapland with my family, so I will hardly be on here, I can here the Cheers now :lol:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

Re: ' Lapland '

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:26 am

Blimey Annis you do get about ;) never been but know people who have and they really enjoyed. Have a good time. P.s those northern lights are different shades of blue :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:' Lapland '

I'm off next week to Lapland with my family, so I will hardly be on here, I can here the Cheers now :lol:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

I trust you will lap up the atmosphere there!

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 am

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

Yes, I have been in Finnish Lapland in summer and winter - beware, it is very expensive and very cold, but I guess you know that already. It is also very beautiful. I assume that you are going to Saariselka area? If so, there is usually good skiing there as well as lots of other winter sport type things and wilderness excursions. Get ready to eat lots of reindeer and mashed potato, which is actually delicious. I am sure you will enjoy it enormously :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:44 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Blimey Annis you do get about ;) never been but know people who have and they really enjoyed. Have a good time. P.s those northern lights are different shades of blue :bluescarf:

:lol:

You only live once.

I am doing this for daughters before they get older as I have a young family, always talked about it, but never gone there till now. :thumbright:

Yes I am hoping to see the Northern Blue lights :lol: :bluescarf: not always guaranteed.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:45 am

City Slicker wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

I trust you will lap up the atmosphere there!

Def :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:50 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

Yes, I have been in Finnish Lapland in summer and winter - beware, it is very expensive and very cold, but I guess you know that already. It is also very beautiful. I assume that you are going to Saariselka area? If so, there is usually good skiing there as well as lots of other winter sport type things and wilderness excursions. Get ready to eat lots of reindeer and mashed potato, which is actually delicious. I am sure you will enjoy it enormously :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have heard it will be freezing beyond :lol:

The expense, when you get there, I have wondered?

Flying in to Kittila airport and from there my Wife booked the three nights stay.

They say theres Skiing there and plenty of sports.

So the food is good?

Looking forward to the Reindeers and Huskies :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

Flying in to Kittila airport and from there my Wife booked the three nights stay.

So the food is good?

Annis, Scandinavia renowned for its expensive goods and beer is extortionate to the point you'll never moan about CCS prices again! LOL :lol:

Accommodation is usually good, as is the food and there are opportunities to ski and snow-board. A sleigh ride and a trip on a Ski-Doo are great for the family!

You're right about it being very cold though, so take very warm clothing and be a bit patient re the Northern (Blue) Lights, as things change rapidly either way over there. A few years ago, I went to look two nights in a row and had just about given up when they almost appeared from nowhere. Mind you. it was 1:30am, so be warned!

So much to do and so little time! Have great time and don't forget your wish-list for Santa! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :laughing6:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:59 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

So the food is good?

Annis, Scandinavia renowned for its expensive goods and beer is extortionate to the point you'll never moan about CCS prices again! LOL :lol:

Accommodation is usually good, as is the food and there are opportunities to ski and snow-board. A sleigh ride and a trip on a Ski-Doo are great for the family!

You're right about it being very cold though, so take very warm clothing and be a bit patient re the Northern (Blue) Lights, as things change rapidly either way over there. A few years ago, I went to look two nights in a row and had just about given up when they almost appeared from nowhere. Mind you. it was 1:30am, so be warned!

So much to do and so little time! Have great time and don't forget your wish-list for Santa! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :laughing6:

:lol: :lol:

Thank you Chris, for the advice and it sounds good, though compared to Mallorca it will be Ice and very expensive.

Its more for the girls :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

So the food is good?

You will probably be paying around 10 Euros for a beer [Lapin Kulta is the best] - in Finnish it is Yksi Olut [1 beer], Keksi Oluta [2 [beers] but that is the limit of my Finnish apart from Kaatos [Thank you]. The food is good, hearty stuff if a bit repetitive. You should expect it to be around - 15/-20 at night and around -5 in the day time. But if the sun is out, it can actually feel quite warm even well below zero. You probably won't have time with three days, but Lake Inari is also well worth a visit.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

So the food is good?

Thank you Chris, for the advice and it sounds good, though compared to Mallorca it will be Ice and very expensive.

They'll love it, Annis! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:18 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

So the food is good?

You will probably be paying around 10 Euros for a beer [Lapin Kulta is the best] - in Finnish it is Yksi Olut [1 beer], Keksi Oluta [2 [beers] but that is the limit of my Finnish apart from Kaatos [Thank you]. The food is good, hearty stuff if a bit repetitive. You should expect it to be around - 15/-20 at night and around -5 in the day time. But if the sun is out, it can actually feel quite warm even well below zero. You probably won't have time with three days, but Lake Inari is also well worth a visit.

Neil, thanks, I have just read everything you've said to my Wife :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Yes three nights we are staying,that was expensive as it is.

I'm getting as excited as the Kids :lol:

As to drinking, thankfully We won't be drinking to much as we do that in Mallorca, We booked half-board :thumbright:

Thank you again :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:19 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

So the food is good?

They'll love it, Annis! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I hope so Chris :thumbright: :thumbright:

And me :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 am

Have a good one and a pint of Lapin Kulta

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am

RV Casual wrote:Have a good one and a pint of Lapin Kulta

Cheers Steve and will do :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

So the food is good?

Neil, thanks, I have just read everything you've said to my Wife :thumbright: :ayatollah:

As to drinking, thankfully We won't be drinking to much as we do that in Mallorca, We booked half-board :thumbright:

No problem Annis. Happy to help. You will love it - a real wilderness experience and fantastic landscapes.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:46 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Anyone been there?

Any advice?

So the food is good?

No problem Annis. Happy to help. You will love it - a real wilderness experience and fantastic landscapes.

Thank you once again, appreciated :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 pm

What a fantastic name for a new erotic dancing club in Cardiff . :laughing6: :thumbright:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:38 pm

lord raglan wrote:What a fantastic name for a new erotic dancing club in Cardiff . :laughing6: :thumbright:

:lol: :thumbup:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:27 am

I went on an Exercise to Finland in 1988 attached to the Finnish Mountain troop, it was freezing and I swore that I would never return there again ever, froze badly.........20 years later I went back in the summer, got bit by mosquitoes :banghead:

Hope you have a better time than I did :thumbup:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:54 am

lapland is where all lap dances come from? So better leave mrs in hotel when go out! It enjoy :laughing5:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:56 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:I went on an Exercise to Finland in 1988 attached to the Finnish Mountain troop, it was f*cking freezing and I swore that I would never return there again ever, froze badly.........20 years later I went back in the summer, got bit to f**k by mosquitoes :banghead:

Hope you have a better time than I did :thumbup:

OOPs :lol:

I hope so to :thumbright:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:56 am

pembroke allan wrote:lapland is where all lap dances come from? So better leave mrs in hotel when go out! It enjoy :laughing5:

Allan :lol: :thumbup:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Never been there but I know it's colder than Barnsley..........have a great time in the wonderland.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Cantonblu wrote:Never been there but I know it's colder than Barnsley..........have a great time in the wonderland.

Cheers that's guaranteed :thumbright:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Have a great time Annis :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Have a great time Annis :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Thanks Ned :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Be interested to know how that goes Annis as considered taking my 2 boys this year, they only 4 and 6 so will prob go in next few years. Heard it’s amazing, short walk through giant candle lit forest to log cabins in the woods with reindeers tied up outside each cabin, wood fires already going inside and loads of food. A lot of money for 3 days but you only live once, enjoy the magic I say.... :occasion5:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:28 pm

We are going for a week next Su day staying in Levi, love the place been to Lapland 5 tines now Levi, Yllas and Rovaniemi! Kids love it but so do we so you’ll have a great time, strange to say but it doesn’t seem that cold when you’re all wrapped up anyway! Enjoy

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:48 pm

goats wrote:Be interested to know how that goes Annis as considered taking my 2 boys this year, they only 4 and 6 so will prob go in next few years. Heard it’s amazing, short walk through giant candle lit forest to log cabins in the woods with reindeers tied up outside each cabin, wood fires already going inside and loads of food. A lot of money for 3 days but you only live once, enjoy the magic I say.... :occasion5:

Goats, I agree very expensive to go for three nights, but as you say you only live once. I've never been there and actually excited for my family and me now :lol: :thumbright:

I will tell you all about it on here and a few photos, after I get back :thumbright: :thumbright: