Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Just down the ticket office

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:59 am

goats wrote:It’s crystal clear now that we’ve lost about 5000 core fans, we should be getting 22/23k at least, not 16/17.
Not sure there is anything the club can do about it, it will take years for new fans to become regulars. They could try and liven up the match day experience and create a bit more atmosphere, moving ends etc, but they won’t. They don’t really listen do they. Besides, if Warnock gets us up all the Gloria’s will return and the ground will be full of them.

Sadly your virtually Spot on Goats.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
goats wrote:It’s crystal clear now that we’ve lost about 5000 core fans, we should be getting 22/23k at least, not 16/17.
Not sure there is anything the club can do about it, it will take years for new fans to become regulars. They could try and liven up the match day experience and create a bit more atmosphere, moving ends etc, but they won’t. They don’t really listen do they. Besides, if Warnock gets us up all the Gloria’s will return and the ground will be full of them.

I take your points, and to an extent I agree. It's the same as myself and the 3,000 others who were the hardcore supporters back in the day saying where was everyone back then? 14,000 so-called 'plastics/glory hunters' we've obviously got now...

I'm not bothered who turns up, if you want to go then do, if you don't want to go regularly then that's fine as well. I welcome all CCFC supporters, part-timers, so called 'glory hunters', one game a season types and genuine diehards.

I totally agree with Goats.

The crap I got from the red brigade when I said the re-brand has cost us 100s of hardcore was aggressive and even more so when they used the directors propaganda that only 50 had requested refunds. I had too wait a couple of seasons to be proved right but like it or not the rot was set in when the re-brand was born.

Yes I welcome CCFC supports like the diegards, part-timers and glory hunters but the red brigade can bugger off. Thankfully they have.

Zzzzzzzzzzz red brigade :lol:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:40 am

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

I take your points, and to an extent I agree. It's the same as myself and the 3,000 others who were the hardcore supporters back in the day saying where was everyone back then? 14,000 so-called 'plastics/glory hunters' we've obviously got now...

I'm not bothered who turns up, if you want to go then do, if you don't want to go regularly then that's fine as well. I welcome all CCFC supporters, part-timers, so called 'glory hunters', one game a season types and genuine diehards.

The crap I got from the red brigade when I said the re-brand has cost us 100s of hardcore was aggressive and even more so when they used the directors propaganda that only 50 had requested refunds. I had too wait a couple of seasons to be proved right but like it or not the rot was set in when the re-brand was born.

Yes I welcome CCFC supports like the diegards, part-timers and glory hunters but the red brigade can bugger off. Thankfully they have.

Coming back to haunt you.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:28 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

There is probably thousands of people who wore red who still go to the city! or have we swapped thousands who wore red with thousands of new fans that wear blue? :old:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

There is probably thousands of people who wore red who still go to the city! or have we swapped thousands who wore red with thousands of new fans that wear blue? :old:

Fair point. The vast majority who stayed loyal to the club during the rebrand are almost certainly there tonight as they were through the lean Slade years.

The numbers relocating to a point where they can no longer regularly attend and the numbers passing over the 5 year period probably now exceed those still staying away to the rebrand. For 3 -4 years we've added very few new fans. I don't know what the answer but even from a distance I'm acutely aware that there seems to be a publicity vacuum around the club. The club cant force the local media to feature and consequently promote the club anymore than they do. Of course a sustained promotion push will eventually do that.

On a brighter if we sustain a place in or around the paly offs this will probably be our last sub 20k gate of the season. The offer for Hull, Xmas games and the increased Season ticket sales should keep us above that watermark. In fact there could be a tipping point with ST sales. If we maintain top 2 and looking good at Xmas people may start to put themselves in position for next season in much bigger numbers.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:52 am

epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Fair point. The vast majority who stayed loyal to the club during the rebrand are almost certainly there tonight as they were through the lean Slade years.

The numbers relocating to a point where they can no longer regularly attend and the numbers passing over the 5 year period probably now exceed those still staying away to the rebrand. For 3 -4 years we've added very few new fans. I don't know what the answer but even from a distance I'm acutely aware that there seems to be a publicity vacuum around the club. The club cant force the local media to feature and consequently promote the club anymore than they do. Of course a sustained promotion push will eventually do that.

On a brighter if we sustain a place in or around the paly offs this will probably be our last sub 20k gate of the season. The offer for Hull, Xmas games and the increased Season ticket sales should keep us above that watermark. In fact there could be a tipping point with ST sales. If we maintain top 2 and looking good at Xmas people may start to put themselves in position for next season in much bigger numbers.

The only trouble with half ST is most who buy them are the walk up crowd, so whilst may get another 3k st holders wouldn't be surprised if the walk up crowd drop so leaving us with around 18/19k crowds until later in season when lot glory hunters will get on board! :roll:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:55 pm

Out of interest, does anyone know what sort of crowd we are looking at tonight?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Aren't the next 2 home games on sky?.if so more low crowds to come.