Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just down the ticket office

Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:49 pm

steady stream of people getting Norwich tickets............

Re: Just down the ticket office

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 am

Sales on E ticketing look very, very slow. Doubt they're much in front of Ipswich or Brentford at this stage. Going to have to really pick up in the next couple of days to get near 20k. Don't know what more the club and team can do to engage the South Wales public.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:48 am

Nothing more anyone can do but if we get into the premier league just watch all the Gloria's coming back saying they haven't missed a game since the seventies. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 am

epping blue wrote:Sales on E ticketing look very, very slow. Doubt they're much in front of Ipswich or Brentford at this stage. Going to have to really pick up in the next couple of days to get near 20k. Don't know what more the club and team can do to engage the South Wales public.

Yes before our latest victory away to Forest, ticket sales were awful and City were expecting another dreadful low home crowd which they really can't understand.
Since the Forest victory, City are now hoping for a 20,000 crowd, personally it should be 25,000 at least in my view :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:Sales on E ticketing look very, very slow. Doubt they're much in front of Ipswich or Brentford at this stage. Going to have to really pick up in the next couple of days to get near 20k. Don't know what more the club and team can do to engage the South Wales public.

Yes before our latest victory away to Forest, ticket sales were awful and City were expecting another dreadful low home crowd which they really can't understand.
Since the Forest victory, City are now hoping for a 20,000 crowd, personally it should be 25,000 at least in my view :bluebird: :bluebird:

honestly think you should reassess the 25k mate.
there is just nothing in our history to back it up ..including our championship winning season where at this point in the season we had yet to drop a home point from the 9 games played..yet our best crowd had been 23,836 against Leeds...we did have 4 crowds of over 25k that season, the last 3 home league games and a boxing day game v Palace {massive,they were 3rd and had they won would be just 1 point behind us }.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

there is just nothing in our history to back it up ..including our championship winning season where at this point in the season we had yet to drop a home point from the 9 games played..yet our best crowd had been 23,836 against Leeds...we did have 4 crowds of over 25k that season, the last 3 home league games and a boxing day game v Palace {massive,they were 3rd and had they won would be just 1 point behind us }.

Deep down I know it's true, they won't come unless the opposition is Premiership, they don't follow Cardif, they just follow anything that's a big event in South Wales :evil:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:46 pm

bit disappointed with the last few home crowds if im honest, would like at least 20k friday

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:08 pm

I’m bitterly disappointed that I can’t make the Norwich game due to a prior arrangement. I’ve managed to swap my season tickets in the canton stand for family stand tickets so a friend can take his young son. Hopefully,he’ll get the bug and want to go again. :bluebird:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:50 pm

Lets just hope we can join the list of clubs with small fan bases who between them have spent many years in the premier league Burnley Bolton Blackburn Fulham Swansea Wigan etc.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:21 pm

skiprat wrote:Lets just hope we can join the list of clubs with small fan bases who between them have spent many years in the premier league Burnley Bolton Blackburn Fulham Swansea Wigan etc.

Yes that would be an achievement as we are part of that group :thumbright:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:38 pm

The club do seem to be doing everything to encourage more people to go. Maybe though they're just not doing it very well?
As a season ticket holder I get emails and texts with offers of half season tickets,family ticket offers etc but none of them are of any use to me as I'm already going to the games.
Shouldn't they be marketing in different places eg local media, bus shelters, backs of buses, taxis, billboards, school and college promotions etc

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:The club do seem to be doing everything to encourage more people to go. Maybe though they're just not doing it very well?
As a season ticket holder I get emails and texts with offers of half season tickets,family ticket offers etc but none of them are of any use to me as I'm already going to the games.
Shouldn't they be marketing in different places eg local media, bus shelters, backs of buses, taxis, billboards, school and college promotions etc

I get the same but I also get offers for add-on tickets, reduced hospitality offers etc - they do advertise, and use social media a lot which is a modern thing but reaches far more people than the old ways that cost a lot.

The City Foundation are in schools all the time.

Think it might be a case if we don't happen to see it it can't be happening - but it is :thumbup:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Deep down I know it's true, they won't come unless the opposition is Premiership, they don't follow Cardif, they just follow anything that's a big event in South Wales :evil:

truthfully i used to think very much as you do..give us top end 2nd tier challenging for promotion and we would get 25k..but i now think those thoughts might have been correct in the 70s and 80s but not now...its going to take more and longer..

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 pm

It is what it is, just go down and enjoy it and make plenty of noise for those not there.

A large number of those who will magically turn up when we go to the prem are just the regular floaters that are motivated to go more often, not all glory hunters.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

truthfully i used to think very much as you do..give us top end 2nd tier challenging for promotion and we would get 25k..but i now think those thoughts might have been correct in the 70s and 80s but not now...its going to take more and longer..

Few years in the prem will build our fan base no end, but as soon as we struggle again crowds will drop with little or no difference made. We're a small club with a small fan Base, some on here just need to admit it.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Anyone who thinks we'll get more than 20,000 on Friday is kidding themselves, sad but true. 17-18 thousand is my guess, could be less if it's really cold/raining. I'm an honest Cardiff supporter, not a deluded one.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:53 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Anyone who thinks we'll get more than 20,000 on Friday is kidding themselves, sad but true. 17-18 thousand is my guess, could be less if it's really cold/raining. I'm an honest Cardiff supporter, not a deluded one.

Friday night games typically low crowds and I'd imagine it's on tv I haven't checked tbh

I'll be down after work and I'm looking for a half season again having changed jobs and got the bug back !

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:57 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Anyone who thinks we'll get more than 20,000 on Friday is kidding themselves, sad but true. 17-18 thousand is my guess, could be less if it's really cold/raining. I'm an honest Cardiff supporter, not a deluded one.

I strongly disagree, City tomorrow night should get a 25,000 crowd.

10 other clubs in the Championship All get 25,000 plus crowds and 9 of them are beneath us in the Championship and have not all got 1.2mill people with in 10 miles of the Cardiff City Stadium, with No competition.

Ask even Warnock, he's virtually begged all season.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190430
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

10 other clubs in the Championship All get 25,000 plus crowds and 9 of them are beneath us in the Championship and have not all got 1.2mill people with in 10 miles of the Cardiff City Stadium, with No competition.

What we should get and what we will get are two entirely different things though unfortunately

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What we should get and what we will get are two entirely different things though unfortunately

Jack,

Any ideas on what Warnock should do to get a bigger crowd then?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jack,

Any ideas on what Warnock should do to get a bigger crowd then?

Annis, to be honest there's not much more we can do.

I still think we're suffering from the rebrand fall out. That and not long ago we tasted the success of the prem and for many it was no the holy grail that was promised and for me that was also due to the rebrand and red fanbase. Many were even more disallusioned than myself and left the club and have not returned/do not respect Cardiff city any more.

Only time will heal the wounds but Warnock is certainly speeding up the process.

I do wonder sometimes the force we would have been if we would have done it in blue the first time around.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:57 pm

It’s crystal clear now that we’ve lost about 5000 core fans, we should be getting 22/23k at least, not 16/17.
Not sure there is anything the club can do about it, it will take years for new fans to become regulars. They could try and liven up the match day experience and create a bit more atmosphere, moving ends etc, but they won’t. They don’t really listen do they. Besides, if Warnock gets us up all the Gloria’s will return and the ground will be full of them.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pm

goats wrote:It’s crystal clear now that we’ve lost about 5000 core fans, we should be getting 22/23k at least, not 16/17.
Not sure there is anything the club can do about it, it will take years for new fans to become regulars. They could try and liven up the match day experience and create a bit more atmosphere, moving ends etc, but they won’t. They don’t really listen do they. Besides, if Warnock gets us up all the Gloria’s will return and the ground will be full of them.

I take your points, and to an extent I agree. It's the same as myself and the 3,000 others who were the hardcore supporters back in the day saying where was everyone back then? 14,000 so-called 'plastics/glory hunters' we've obviously got now...

I'm not bothered who turns up, if you want to go then do, if you don't want to go regularly then that's fine as well. I welcome all CCFC supporters, part-timers, so called 'glory hunters', one game a season types and genuine diehards.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Pull a home tie against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or swansea out of the hat in mondays draw,
and i guarantee you that Hull, Fulham and preston will be near sell outs!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Pull a home tie against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or swansea out of the hat in mondays draw,

Don't worry about it, just go to watch games and enjoy yourself.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Pull a home tie against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or swansea out of the hat in mondays draw,

Don't worry about it, just go to watch games and enjoy yourself.

I Do. Quite often. :thumbright:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=190430

Did you see the thousands of empty seats at Man City and Arsenal last night? Surely they should have full houses?
It's nothing to do with what you think we should get, everyone knows we'll get nowhere near what you're saying. It's just the way it is, don't worry about it. I'm not bothered what Warnock and in particular Vince Alm think tbh.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Does attendance really make or break you lot?

For me I am going down for the first time since Leeds home and the only thing I am happy with is I will be there supporting the boys regardless of the attendance and hope we get another 3 points. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Does attendance really make or break you lot?

For me I am going down for the first time since Leeds home and the only thing I am happy with is I will be there supporting the boys regardless of the attendance and hope we get another 3 points. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's become an obsession for some, I have not posted on it for a while but can't help myself. We would all love to see bigger crowds but we are up on last season by a considerable amount and it is what it is. Enjoy it because I am loving it.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:47 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
goats wrote:It’s crystal clear now that we’ve lost about 5000 core fans, we should be getting 22/23k at least, not 16/17.

I take your points, and to an extent I agree. It's the same as myself and the 3,000 others who were the hardcore supporters back in the day saying where was everyone back then? 14,000 so-called 'plastics/glory hunters' we've obviously got now...

I'm not bothered who turns up, if you want to go then do, if you don't want to go regularly then that's fine as well. I welcome all CCFC supporters, part-timers, so called 'glory hunters', one game a season types and genuine diehards.

I totally agree with Goats.

The crap I got from the red brigade when I said the re-brand has cost us 100s of hardcore was aggressive and even more so when they used the directors propaganda that only 50 had requested refunds. I had too wait a couple of seasons to be proved right but like it or not the rot was set in when the re-brand was born.

Yes I welcome CCFC supports like the diegards, part-timers and glory hunters but the red brigade can bugger off. Thankfully they have.