Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Sol Bamba chant

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Out of curiosity, did anyone at the Forest game hear the Sol Bamba chant, to the theme tune of Ritchie Vallens La Bamba?

We’ve been trying to get it going in the Canton Stand all season, but it seemed to take off at yesterday’s game through sheer determination. A good few fans around us were loving it.

We’ll be getting it going from the back of Canton 103 (near the score board) at Friday nights game versus Norwich, so don’t be shy. You can google the tune, but here’s the words:

“A la la la la Sol Bamba,
A la la la la Sol Bamba, we’re going up,
With Neil Warnock we’re going up 2, 3, 4,
Sooool Bamba,
Sooool Bamba,
Sooool Bamba duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh...”

(Repeat)

Re: The Sol Bamba chant

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:57 am

That's a quality chant! Hopefully most people read that and take it in, as some people around me love that Chant but just didn't know the words, including me. If people struggle with that. Could use this?

Sol Bamba, you know
He's better than Cannavaro

Pilot - magic

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 am

What about using the Albert Lamour song for
Loic Damour.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:34 am

What about using the Albert Lamour song for
Loic Damour.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 am

Should make it easier and just sing the Mark Hudson ( darts ) song

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:00 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Out of curiosity, did anyone at the Forest game hear the Sol Bamba chant, to the theme tune of Ritchie Vallens La Bamba?

We’ve been trying to get it going in the Canton Stand all season, but it seemed to take off at yesterday’s game through sheer determination. A good few fans around us were loving it.

We’ll be getting it going from the back of Canton 103 (near the score board) at Friday nights game versus Norwich, so don’t be shy. You can google the tune, but here’s the words:

“A la la la la Sol Bamba,
A la la la la Sol Bamba, we’re going up,
With Neil Warnock we’re going up 2, 3, 4,
Sooool Bamba,
Sooool Bamba,
Sooool Bamba duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh...”

(Repeat)

I'm just infront of you lot and fair play there are a good few in that section who have been trying to get this and other songs going and it seems to be getting more popular. I remember hearing the 'staying up with Neil Warnock' version last season when he first signed but prefer this one! :D
:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:21 pm

:lol: I also prefer this one to the “staying up” version which coincided with me having no nails on my fingers.

In the early 90’s, we seemed to have a song for every player (even Nathan Wigg).

I believe this song to be unique to our club, unlike the generic Mark Hudson version which is sang up and down the country. Then again, I’ll sing anything as opposed to silence.

Vince Alm has kindly offered to get it going via the drums, but the fans of the Cardiff City I grew up watching would never have needed a prompt. Having seen the passion from the away end on Sunday, I’m sure we can get this going. Over to you Canton Stand. :thumbup:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm sure Canton 103 will get this going :bluescarf:

Everyone needs to get behind the team on Friday night, from start to finish, like Forest away.

Lets be the 12th man.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 am

Surely l'amore is the easiest ever for big Ken and we don't song it....

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 am

Don't worry the drum will soon drown it out with one of the two chants they know

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:29 pm

Loic Damour Rat tat tat tat play encore

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Loic Damour Rat tat tat tat play encore