Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOLVES/FOREST/BARNSLEY/ MANAGERS BITTER AT WARNOCK/BUT NOT

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am

WOLVES/FOREST/BARNSLEY/BRENTFORD MANAGERS BITTER AT WARNOCK/BUT NOT QPR MANAGER IAN HOLLOWAY HE GAVE RESPECT :thumbright:

AND WE BEAT THEM ALL :D :D :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF BEAT WOLVES & FOREST & BARNSLEY IN THEIR OWN STADIUMS :thumbright:
PLUS QPR & BRENTFORD AT CARDIFF :thumbright:

' NOTTINGHAM FOREST '

"Continual delaying" - Mark Warburton (Forest)

Three wins out of three and no goals conceded.

As weeks go, they don't get much better than last week for Cardiff City :thumbright:

But spare a thought for their opponents - Brentford, Barnsley and Nottingham Forest - who didn't exactly take defeats on the chin.

Following the Bluebirds' impressive 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest at the City Ground, Forest legend Kenny Burns lashed out at Neil Warnock while manager Mark Warburton accused Cardiff of "continual delaying". :lol:

“We were frustrated at many things," said Warburton. "The continual delaying. We have to learn, Cardiff are very good at what they do.

"But that has to be managed better than that by certain people. There’s other ways of dealing with that - I have to be very careful what I say, I want to keep within the letter of the law.

“Surely you deal with that early, stamp it out and it doesn’t become a problem. When I see someone stroll off the park and take that long, to applause, I find that very frustrating.

"But Cardiff are where they are because they deserve to be. I’m very respectful towards Cardiff, but they do have physicality."

But credit to the former Rangers boss, he did eventually praise the Bluebirds for their display.

"I have no problem with Cardiff City, zero problem with Neil. All credit to Neil and his team," he added.

Nottingham Forest 0-2 Cardiff City

Ken Dodd? - Kenny Burns

“Is it me, or is Neil Warnock starting to look a bit like Ken Dodd? The only thing is I don’t find him funny," said Burns .

“He might have enjoyed a lot of success over the years as a manager, and he looks to be doing the business once again at Cardiff City, but he’s not my cup of tea.

“I know Forest talked to him when they needed a manager a while back, but I’m glad that never came to anything, because I don’t like his attitude or the way his teams play.

“He can have the three points from Sunday’s match between the Reds and Cardiff, I’d much rather have a manager like Mark Warburton in the home dugout at the City Ground – a likeable manager who gets his teams to play exciting, attacking football.

“While Warburton will no doubt have sent his team out to try to play their flowing, attacking football, Warnock sent Cardiff out to time waste by the look of it.

"Who time wastes when a game is 0-0? Warnock’s Cardiff, that’s who.”

Nottingham Forest 0-2 Cardiff City :thumbright:

' BRENTFORD '

Can I have my money back? - Dean Smith

"They're going to be organised, strong and powerful and when they got two goals up you know they're going to slow the game down," said Smith.

"I'm disappointed that when you come to the level of the Championship, your own players have to run 20 yards to get the ball off the pitch.

Brentford manager Dean Smith

"It just seemed that every free-kick, throw-in and corner took about a minute.

"Personally, I'd probably want my money back because the ball was probably only on the pitch for 20 minutes. "

Cardiff City 2-0 Brentford :thumbright:

' BARNSLEY '

Cardiff's "gamesmanship" produces a "garbage" match - Paul Heckingbottom

"It was garbage because we got beat ," he said.

"I'd rather be in their dressing room than ours. It's a disappointing way to lose a game.

"I'm not having a go at Cardiff, as they're so difficult to play against. They have lots of goals in them, lots of experience and gamesmanship.

"I'm not having a go, but you expect stronger refereeing. I knew what the game was going to be like. It was going to be like that."

Barnsley 0-1 Cardiff City :thumbright:

' WOLVES '

"Aggressive" Bluebirds - Nuno Espirito Santo

"It was clear the game plan Cardiff had – take out our spaces, be aggressive, don't let our players have freedom that we've been showing," said the Portuguese.

"There were too many stoppages, too much of the ball out of the game, but we didn't do a good game. There were too many mistakes.

"This is the lesson. We have to analyse and avoid these kind of situations.

"We also have to analyse the referee. If he's going to permit these kind of situations and not punish these situations, teams are going to do that.

"The referee must protect what people come to the stadium to see – they come to see football."

Wolves 1-3 Cardiff City :thumbright:

' QPR '

But not everyone gets annoyed... - Ian Holloway :thumbright: :thumbright:

Credit to QPR boss Ian Holloway who - after seeing his side leave South Wales empty handed having taken an early lead against the Bluebirds - delivered a typically honest and refreshing outlook of an opponent's performance .

"On the balance of play, that as good a Cardiff team as I've seen," said Holloway.

"Both wide men look back to their best, the big man (Zohore) is a handful, they were well organised, big and strong and played some good stuff.

"But I thought we did as well. I'm not too downhearted and disappointed.

"Well done to Neil, I thought his team were at it and I thought the crowd helped them, but on the balance of play I thought they just nicked it. It's certainly going for them at the minute, and they're making it go for them.

"Not one was out of position, not one got caught in it and not one made a selfish decision and took a risk, they looked a real solid unit.

"They've certainly got some potency up top, bringing on Danny Ward from the bench. It looks like the Bluebirds are buzzing."

Cardiff City 2 QPR 1 :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WOLVES/FOREST/BARNSLEY/ MANAGERS BITTER AT WARNOCK/BUT N

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Having read the gripes of recent managers regarding Cardiff City it just shows how blinkered we can become. 'Dirty?' The worst challenge on Paterson (after 14 mins) was only a yellow when the Forest player should have been s/o. How many bookings and sending offs have we had this year? Time-wasting? What team doesn't when winning? It doesn't make it right but all teams do it. I've forgotten the number of opposition keepers who have taken 30 seconds over kicks. The diving at Wolves and trying to get City players s/o was plain shocking. Again the antics of an Aston Villa player last season was mostly left uncensored.

From my perspective City are just fitter, faster, close down the opposition with a passion and run all game.

StT.
<><

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 pm

[quote="Steve the Tea TM (c)"]Having read the gripes of recent managers regarding Cardiff City it just shows how blinkered we can become. 'Dirty?' The worst challenge on Paterson (after 14 mins) was only a yellow when the Forest player should have been s/o. How many bookings and sending offs have we had this year? Time-wasting? What team doesn't when winning? It doesn't make it right but all teams do it. I've forgotten the number of opposition keepers who have taken 30 seconds over kicks. The diving at Wolves and trying to get City players s/o was plain shocking. Again the antics of an Aston Villa player last season was mostly left uncensored.

From my perspective City are just fitter, faster, close down the opposition with a passion and run all game.

StT.
<><[/quote

Well said Steve :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:18 pm

in terms of red/yellow cards we are currently 12th in the fair play table (where 1 is the best)

not sure about number of fouls, havent found one with that stat yet

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

warnock is a pantomime villian - most neutrals hate him. a combination of being a loudmouth, highly opinionated, and perceived aggressive, negative tactics.

this season, many teams think they have a right to beat us as they think they play better football. it's getting boring now.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:35 pm

paulh_85 wrote:in terms of red/yellow cards we are currently 12th in the fair play table (where 1 is the best)

not sure about number of fouls, havent found one with that stat yet

i read that stat last week. cant remember where though.
im pretty sure the amount of yellow and red cards was equal for us and our opponents over the 1st 17 games.but we had committed 4 morefouls the figures were in the 240s, something like 249 awarded against us and 245 awarded to us.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Reply from FB

Ian Thomas:

No one has ever liked us who cares.

Warnock is a genius at this level and the bitterness of others shows, could another manager in this league transform a almost certainty for relegation into a promotion challenging team with such little money and with majority of the same squad?best city manager since Eddie may all city fans ever want is 100% on and off the pitch and with Warnock we get it at last and long may it continue

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:43 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:warnock is a pantomime villian - most neutrals hate him. a combination of being a loudmouth, highly opinionated, and perceived aggressive, negative tactics.

this season, many teams think they have a right to beat us as they think they play better football. it's getting boring now.

It's not that they have right to beat us it's more to do with fact that they want teams to join them in tip tap football so that they have a better chance to win game? I'm sure that other teams will use similar tactics to beat such teams but bet won't get labelled same as us! :laughing6:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm

The excellent, 'Who Scored,' w/site gives all the details a stato could ever desire. There's interesting results for the moaners in the EFL Championship regarding City who say we are a bunch of thugs. This season the yellow / red counts are as follows:

Cardiff City 32y/1y
Wolves 29/1
Nott'm F 30/0
Brentford 27/0
Barnsley 28/1

You could throw a hankie over the records of the five clubs.

Perhaps the moaning has more to do with being unable to beat us than facts.

StT
<><

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:The excellent, 'Who Scored,' w/site gives all the details a stato could ever desire. There's interesting results for the moaners in the EFL Championship regarding City who say we are a bunch of thugs. This season the yellow / red counts are as follows:

Cardiff City 32y/1y
Wolves 29/1
Nott'm F 30/0
Brentford 27/0
Barnsley 28/1

You could throw a hankie over the records of the five clubs.

Perhaps the moaning has more to do with being unable to beat us than facts.

StT
<><

does it give total fouls?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Having read the gripes of recent managers regarding Cardiff City it just shows how blinkered we can become. 'Dirty?' The worst challenge on Paterson (after 14 mins) was only a yellow when the Forest player should have been s/o. How many bookings and sending offs have we had this year? Time-wasting? What team doesn't when winning? It doesn't make it right but all teams do it. I've forgotten the number of opposition keepers who have taken 30 seconds over kicks. The diving at Wolves and trying to get City players s/o was plain shocking. Again the antics of an Aston Villa player last season was mostly left uncensored.

StT.
<><

Not much point in adding to that :thumbup:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Is it me!!!! Or is Kenny Burns trying to get a bit of limelight???

Not a great player in his day and imo comes across as a bit of a sore loser who has thrown his dummy out of his pram..................

Glad he's an ambassador or whatever for them or

"Is it just me".

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Barnsley have just lost three games in a week. Brentford conceded two goals in injury time against QPR. Kenny Burns was good in the Brian Clough era. Mark Warburton is a decent manager, who really should know better. Wolves are a good side; their foreign manager will probably get used to English football in time.

In other words, these blokes need to move on.

FAO: paulh_85

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Re:Total Fouls

The total foul count used to be given on the old official FL w/site. I can't find them on the new mobile site, sadly. Sorry.
StT.
<><

FAO: paulh_85 ... Got the Stats!

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Finally tracked down a site with the info:

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

What's interesting is that City are one of the most fouled AGAINST teams in the Championship.

StT.
<><

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:05 pm

It's all in our heads and mentioning it makes us a bunch of hypocrites apparently :roll:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Got to love their endless whining and moaning

This is all good for us, as opposing managers have a ready made excuse for losing, half the teams we play sound like they are beaten before a ball is kicked

We are getting no credit for anything we have achieved so far this year

I personally loved the Forest game and as soon as we went 2-0 up I never thought for a minute that we wouldn't go on to win that game. Forest pretty much gave up

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:46 pm

I love Warnock as our manager, however, if he were manager of another team and came here and ‘Warnocked’ us I’m pretty sure most of our fans would be moaning and whingeing on here as well. Look at the Ireland game for an example. I thought that was a bit embarrassing.
Still, loves Neil me.

:ayatollah:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:14 am

Bitter :(

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:30 pm

3 of these managers at Wolves, Barnsley and Forest are deemed to be playing football the 'right' way and good for them. but 3 of these managers will never make it into big jobs unless they can get the Warnock style into their players from time to time..

In this division you go these grounds and you know what Football they play so you go their to frustrate them from getting their free flowing football going, that's how you beat it.

Barnsley and Forest like I said in another thread failed to score a goal and need to look at themselves first rather than throwing shade at us, it's a way for them to deflect the performance away so the fans forget. They seem to love to speak about us in this division a lot before we play teams managers and say they know this and that about Warnock but fail to get points? :oops: