Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WARNOCK SAYS "WHAT HAVE I GOT TO DO TO GET BIGGER CROWDS

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Just how it is in Wales I suppose.whatever the sport the big event is jumped on the rest not much interest.last Friday Cardiff blues 5 thousand crowd Saturday wales 74 thousand crowd Sunday ospreys 4 thousand crowd.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Danny Says wrote:This has been discussed many times on this board.

Let's be honest Cardiff City has never had big attendances even back in the 70's when they were near the old div 1 and it was relatively cheap to watch. Granted the old stadium was packed for European one off's or FA Cup matches eg Leeds in 1972 or the bizarre Hereford game.

even after those massive games the crowd just went back to normal.....2002 Leeds 22k..nxt home game 11k.......Real 50k ? next home game 23k...beat Real Madrid then more than half those there dont come back..? Leeds home in cup 1972..50k..next home game 13k..even that hereford game 35k..nxt home game 23k.for a Saturday afternoon K.O. last home game in a promotion season

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:41 pm

dogfound wrote:

Let's be honest Cardiff City has never had big attendances even back in the 70's when they were near the old div 1 and it was relatively cheap to watch. Granted the old stadium was packed for European one off's or FA Cup matches eg Leeds in 1972 or the bizarre Hereford game.

even after those massive games the crowd just went back to normal.....2002 Leeds 22k..nxt home game 11k.......Real 50k ? next home game 23k...beat Real Madrid then more than half those there dont come back..? Leeds home in cup 1972..50k..next home game 13k..even that hereford game 35k..nxt home game 23k.for a Saturday afternoon K.O. last home game in a promotion season

Incidentally I was referring to the 1972 Leeds FA Cup match when there were 50,000 packed into Ninian. That was the great Leeds team when they were big club not like now :roll:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Danny Says wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Incidentally I was referring to the 1972 Leeds FA Cup match when there were 50,000 packed into Ninian. That was the great Leeds team when they were big club not like now :roll:

if you read it again im sure youll see it included :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Wow still going on about this week in week out, annis posted average attendances and Bristol and Brum aside every club above us are bigger clubs than we currently are so we are where we should be am amazed why people think we should be having more. They are living in cookoo land, we are way up on last year and have always had a massive floating fan base. :thumbup:

Gareth, it's our manager Neil Warnock going on about it week in week out and his latest words for me are very sad.
The club are also very concerned and yes I am shocked that they are below 20,000 and getting lower.
Of course they are up, we have been unbelievable this season on and if the pitch and away support coming to us as also doubled.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

As I said in another post Annis but the rot was set in when the rebrand was born. It has taken a couple of seasons to prove that but this is where we are now. I said all those years ago it has cost us around 5000 lost diahards. That is what is missing.

You did Ian and it's proved right

These 'diehards' done way more games than me and everything but can we use the term diehards if they walk away from the club? Ex diehards is the term for me.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:55 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Wow still going on about this week in week out, annis posted average attendances and Bristol and Brum aside every club above us are bigger clubs than we currently are so we are where we should be am amazed why people think we should be having more. They are living in cookoo land, we are way up on last year and have always had a massive floating fan base. :thumbup:

Gareth, it's our manager Neil Warnock going on about it week in week out and his latest words for me are very sad.
The club are also very concerned and yes I am shocked that they are below 20,000 and getting lower.
Of course they are up, we have been unbelievable this season on and if the pitch and away support coming to us as also doubled.

As I said in another post Annis but the rot was set in when the rebrand was born. It has taken a couple of seasons to prove that but this is where we are now. I said all those years ago it has cost us around 5000 lost diahards. That is what is missing.

These 'diehards' done way more games than me and everything but can we use the term diehards if they walk away from the club? Ex diehards is the term for me.

if you used to go a lot...have stopped due to rebrand but decide to go to a game now = diehard
if you used to go a lot...have stopped for any other reason but decide to go to a game now = plastic glory hunters that make people sick.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

if you used to go a lot...have stopped due to rebrand but decide to go to a game now = diehard
if you used to go a lot...have stopped for any other reason but decide to go to a game now = plastic glory hunters that make people sick.

On a wind-up I hope, your posts are normally excellent!