Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCE ALM: " IT WOULD BE GREAT "

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 am

VINCE ALM:

Cardiff V Norwich; Would be great if supporters could turn out in large numbers for this on Friday night.

When I was a kid back in the 70s I used to love the Friday night games always put a few extra thousand on the gate, under the lights with a good atmosphere. Unfortunately, now it looks as if the crowd will be well under 20,000 again which is bitterly disappointing after last weeks results, and our league position with an opportunity to close the gap on Wolves to one point. We can put real pressure on Wolves who do not play until Monday evening away to Birmingham, which is a bit of a local derby, and could go either way.

Every time I put a post on asking supporters to return to support the side I get a lot of reasons why supporters can not make it, many of them genuine I am sure. However not everyone is under the same pressure or share the same views of why they can not come down and support the team. All I can say you are missing out! We’ve always screamed for a squad of players, and a management team who share our passion. Well we have both! The players run through brick walls for Warnock, and Warnock passion for success is insatiable. Some games we do not have a lot of the ball but when we get it we attack with purpose, none of this tippy tappy stuff 200 passes sideways and backwards to get to the halfway line! No, we try hit the ball down the flanks and run at them, or if that isn’t on we will hit over the top, and when we get around the opposition goal box we play some good stuff in the right area.

The defence have kept 9 clean sheets out of 19, we have scored in all but 4 games. Can’t promise you champagne football this is the championship and the middle of winter anything can happen. But! I can promise you passion, fight, effort, guts, and never say die attitude. Also, we have the siege mentality that nobody like us, as opposition managers, supporters, and media slate us just like the old days.

December 2nd 2012 Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday 1.0 win crowd 22,000 odd 38 points prior to kick off. We have two more points than we had in 2012/13 when we went up with Malky, so please come and support your local team, or ask lapse supporters to come along and be part of it. Neil Warnock, I believe is feeling the lack of support from the area, and is wondering what more they have to do. The club are trying to do their bit also ticket prices are reasonable for this level of football, they are putting promotions on.

You have been magnificent in the past so come and show this group of players, and management team what we are really like when we support the team in numbers

Yes Prices start from £15 adults, and £5 under 16s early bird. :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: VINCE ALM: " IT WOULD BE GREAT "

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:01 pm

You might have loved the Friday night games in the 70s but the sad fact is our crowds now even though disappointing are generally higher than that decade.our average for the 10 seasons1970/80 was 13000.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Agree Warnock will be disappointed with our support but there again he took qpr to the premier league and their support is worse than ours.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Only recently started to go back to following Cardif City with wife.AGAIN it soon becomes a bug and addictive to go an watch them

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190430

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Afraid Vince is preaching to converted. Looks like 17k tomorrow which is very disappointing but i dont know the answer, although there is a lot of interest in the cheap Hull ticket offer.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:43 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:Afraid Vince is preaching to converted. Looks like 17k tomorrow which is very disappointing but i dont know the answer, although there is a lot of interest in the cheap Hull ticket offer.

Lets hope a good few have been waiting for pay day and we get a good walk up tomorrow. Thinking back to 76 and the Hereford game. The majority paid on the day back then so that we probably had a walk up of 30,000 as apposed to the normal 10,000. Couldn't deal with that these days.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Yes, walk ups are poor. Guess its ticket pricing. Charge the same for 1 game as in advance, and see if that makes a difference.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:01 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:Yes, walk ups are poor. Guess its ticket pricing. Charge the same for 1 game as in advance, and see if that makes a difference.

ive been asked a number of times how much is it to watch the city these days..honestly..i can never give an answer....here is the insane list you kindly put up for the Hull game which i know is a special offer match but does relate to the amount of different prices....add to it gold.silver.bronze.earlybird ..members discount.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190395
used to be 2 different turnstyles.
trying too hard maybe?