Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NON Football Request

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Afternoon guys,

Having bee a member of this board for well, must be close to 10 years, i hope you don't mind me posting this, we are only £140 short of ,king such a small thing possible for her.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/gavin-smith-3

Following a short illness, my God Mother of just 59 has just been diagnosed with multi organ cancer and I’m hoping to raise £550 for her to have an Electronic Recliner chair installed at her home, this will allow her to have more comfort and independence at home during her fight against cancer.

Her husband Chris has already paid for the chair to allow her to have some home comfort when she arrives back home. However, the money paid for this chair is a massive amount of money that they simply could be spending on things that can increase her well being during this time.

It’s not a huge amount of money, but having had chronic illnesses for over 30 years, £550 to her is an insane amount of money, and she simply cannot afford this. So I have teamed up with Macmillan Cancer Care and Cancer Awareness UK and I’m hoping to raise enough to buy this chair for her as well as providing money to a great cause and self funded charity.

I do have various things in place for me to do in aid of Macmillan over the next few months, but as the cancer is terminal I have a very short space of time in which to obtain support or donations to auction off.

I've had some wonderful offerings so far from business, celebrities and even my wonderful local football team Cardiff City FC. Anything raised over the small target needed will be donated in full to Macmillan Cancer support in which they support families and patients through some very difficult times.

With a warm heart and open hands, please anything will do and this small token of a chair will allow a mother of 4, and a grandmother of 5 to enjoy her time at home with her wonderful family. Anyone who knows Lynne will understand what a token gift like this will mean to her personally during her fight.

To a woman I love dearly i hope we can do his for her x