Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: " ARON GUNNARSSON FAREWELL "

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:55 pm

ARON GUNNARSSON - FAREWELL :

There can be no doubt about the fact that he is a LEADER and that he gives 100% COMMITMENT every game. This is why he is special.

However technically as a player he is pretty average. As a Club we have gone beyond him in football terms. I predict that no Premiere League club will sign him neither would a top club in Spain , Italy etc . We in the Championship are his top level .

I love this guy and wish him all the best and will definately miss him and his great attitue - but it is TIME TO PART COMPANY. All things come to an end - so - goodbye to our VIKING WORRIOR - farewell and thanks for the memories.

Re: MY VIEW: " ARON GUNNARSSON FAREWELL "

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:ARON GUNNARSSON - FAREWELL :

There can be no doubt about the fact that he is a LEADER and that he gives 100% COMMITMENT every game. This is why he is special.

However technically as a player he is pretty average. As a Club we have gone beyond him in football terms. I predict that no Premiere League club will sign him neither would a top club in Spain , Italy etc . We in the Championship are his top level .

I love this guy and wish him all the best and will definately miss him and his great attitue - but it is TIME TO PART COMPANY. All things come to an end - so - goodbye to our VIKING WORRIOR - farewell and thanks for the memories.

Annis, I agree with you it's time to move on even if we did manage to get promoted and there are better players out there if we did!
He's been a great servant but has been well paid by the club.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:04 pm

I like the guy as well and certainly can add something to the team.
As 100% every game do you remember under Slade he was shite,couldn’t trap a ball,pass a ball and didn’t look div 2 material.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Agree I don't think he's good enough if we want to go up and stay up

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Agree I don't think he's good enough if we want to go up and stay up

i didnt think he was good enough last time in the prem.
but do think he is good enough at the mo..and more importantly so does our manager.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:16 pm

World beater at Championship level. Thought he was ordinary in the Premiership..Think he knows the Premier League is out of his range also. So, thanks for the memory, his Wages will come in very handy, to buy 2 younger, better and fitter central midfielders

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Great servant and a whole hearted competitor

However, he was completely found out in the premier league and was average at best

Good luck if he can get a payday for himself he will leave with our best wishes

However, he spends a lot of time out injured, and I'm sure Warnock can find a better, younger player on less wages for next year

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Calm down, he hasnt left yet!

If we go up, then he'll stay.
If we stay down then he'll go.

By saying goodbye now is like saying we have no hope of getting promoted!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Calm down, he hasnt left yet!

If we go up, then he'll stay.
If we stay down then he'll go.

By saying goodbye now is like saying we have no hope of getting promoted!

Hopefuly not because he's not good enough for the prem.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:51 pm

Agree with everything said here.

Also personally, as soon as a player says they want gone there's a part of me that says hurry up and f**k off then.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Also personally, as soon as a player says they want gone there's a part of me that says hurry up and f**k off then.

Yes better off selling In January

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:00 pm

The Man is a Cardiff legend

He has run his bollocks off for Warnock - and probably feeling it now.

The guy deserves respect for what he has done at club and country level.

gangi þér vel kappi :bluebird:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 pm

theclaw wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

But tricky with only 6 months left but a smaller fee is better than no fee.

Didn't war sign on with Rotherham to make sure they got a fee for him?

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Annis I am glad you can see it that when it comes to technical ability he is the most average player in our central midfield area.

You have to give him praise for he done here and what he achieved, showed great commitment to us but I do feel after this season it's the right opportunity to let him go if we want to move forward.. we need Tom Cairney here if we was to go up and also look at other players.

Scored some big goals and some cracking goals for us and put in some fantastic battling performances for us. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Who’s the biggest City legend Gunners or Whitts ?
Whitts for me.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 pm

theclaw wrote:Who’s the biggest City legend Gunners or Whitts ?
Whitts for me.

I am sorry that is a question that should never be asked and cannot be debated.

Whittingham scored a s**t load of goals from midfield and set up a lot... providing masterclass performances and winning games on his own sometimes.. Gunnarsson is a great servant I don't think you can put him in a legend category.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 pm

theclaw wrote:Who’s the biggest City legend Gunners or Whitts ?
Whitts for me.

Not even close. So much so I'm not even answering it!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 pm

:?

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:46 pm

people saying "sell in January" we don't have that option really if he wants a move abroad, because come January he can sign a pre-contract with any team outside of England. people on here saying this is the level he will remain are sadly wrong. he could go to someone like celtic, and have a crack and champions league football. he could go to Italy, spain, or Germany, not to a top 8 team, but a mid table team deffinantly, somewhere like Italy where he wouldn't need to do as much running, would maybe suit him better. he could even give the MLS a crack, earn some cash, play in the heat.

part of me is slightly annoyed that why didn't he make the club aware of this wanting to leave at the start of the season when we maybe could off made a bob or two off him

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:01 am

Who says he is leaving lads ? Haven’t heard jack :?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Who says he is leaving lads ? Haven’t heard jack :?

Nukes, Gunners has turned down a contract and wants to wait and see where City are playing next season.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Who says he is leaving lads ? Haven’t heard jack :?

Nukes, Gunners has turned down a contract and wants to wait and see where City are playing next season.

Good - Glad that's been cleared up .

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 am

My god - I cant believe some of the posters on here - talk about going from hero to zero! :lol:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:59 am

nubbsy wrote:
theclaw wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

But tricky with only 6 months left but a smaller fee is better than no fee.

Didn't war sign on with Rotherham to make sure they got a fee for him?

yes Ward did...but without knowing whats been offered to Gunnerson i dont really get the hero to zero bit...
as for the smaller fee..we are 2nd going for promotion why would we be wanting to sell just to get a small fee having turned down good fees for Zohore and Morrison..

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 am

I’ve no problem with Gunnarsson going personally.
He’s been a great servant to the club but is only an average to decent championship player. If we did get promotion we would have to upgrade certain players and he would definitely be one of those for me. He’s not good enough for the Prem.
If we don’t go up then move on anyway, there’s better out there and I’d trust Warnock to find them.

As for people saying sell in January, I can’t see that happening at all. He’s under contract so you can’t just say - ‘get rid’ like some of the more naive people on here.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 am

It was clear when we got promoted that Gunnar just didn't have the pace or technique to cope. Malky hardly played him.

I have never been his biggest fan but for the last season and a half he has surpassed my expectations and it is his type of never say die attitude that will be so important in those real battles that we will have in the coming months if we want to get promotted or into the play-offs.

Having said that. For the first time in the Championship, since he joined us, we have proved that we can win battles without him so it may now be the time for him to look elsewhere, particularly if he can get us up.

I take my hat to him so far, let's have one last big 6 months from him so that he can go down in history as one of the few players (is it just him and Connolly ?) to get Promoted to the Prem with us twice :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 am

I swear people on here don’t go to games , great player . Might not score many . But does his job most games and gives 100percent, there’s a reason he’s captain for Iceland and they done so well as a team . For me he deserves to go if he wants . Can’t Blame him for wanting to go somewhere else .

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:45 am

I cannot believe that some fans will put a player before the club, he hasn't signed a contract offered and is making us wait,he's been very well paid in the last 7 years which is disrespectful to the club ,I think he will be gone in January Warnock won't put up with this and I don't blame him

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 am

Save it for the summer, he’s still got a good 5-6 months graft to get through and no doubt he’ll give 100% every time he steps out on to the pitch. Quality players at this level of have him in my team every week.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:34 am

wez1927 wrote:I cannot believe that some fans will put a player before the club, he hasn't signed a contract offered and is making us wait,he's been very well paid in the last 7 years which is disrespectful to the club ,I think he will be gone in January Warnock won't put up with this and I don't blame him

If he gives 100% in training and games as I’d expect from him, Warnock will put up with it.