Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Cardiff City should field a strong team in the FA Cup?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: “ Do you want a cup run? “

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Cantonblu wrote:A cup run is easily forgotten being promoted to the prem is'nt

Not sure about that. Apart from a couple of games eg. Man City, our Premier League campaign was instantly forgettable. I still often hear us described as the 1927 club, and how many times has Scott Young's goal against Leeds been shown. In the last 50 years, a few memorable moments stand out for me, and every one relates to a cup game. The one I've just mentioned, Brian Clarke against Real Madrid, Sayer against Spurs, and Blake against Man City. I imagine these would be stand out moments for many other fans as well.

agree..stand out moments for me too. but that was then..would that Scott Young goal have meant so much against a Leeds reserve team.?...and strangely enough our cup run to the final gets mentioned far less on here and in general fan convos than the goals you mentioned....
sat in front of the TV all day on cup final day was great. as was fireball xl5..but not for the here and now.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Steve Zodiac ever the optimist again always negative.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:14 pm

dai bluebird wrote:Steve Zodiac ever the optimist again always negative.

Yep. Same as I was negative about Doyle, Trollope, our chances of promotion last season, and I could go on. Negative or realistic? Plenty on here raved about Doyle and Trollope was the man to fire us into the PL. Where are they now? Did we get close to promotion? Perhaps I am negative, or perhaps I don't live in La La land.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dai bluebird wrote:Steve Zodiac ever the optimist again always negative.

Yep. Same as I was negative about Doyle, Trollope, our chances of promotion last season, and I could go on. Negative or realistic? Plenty on here raved about Doyle and Trollope was the man to fire us into the PL. Where are they now? Did we get close to promotion? Perhaps I am negative, or perhaps I don't live in La La land.

Anyway, my lift has just arrived. Because I try and live in the real world, if we win 6-0 tonight I won't be making any claims about guaranteed promotion, and if we lose 6-0 I won't be shouting about how our season has collapsed.
I hope we get a good win, but if we don't it will be down to the ref - 100%.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:19 pm

28 'supporters' and counting.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Personally I always like to get to the 4th round, otherwise we go two weeks without a game at the end of January

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:27 am

Love to draw the Jacks away.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 am

No beat Swansea three nil away, lose to Man City 3-2 at home and then go out and concentrate on the league, and secure top spot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: