Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Cardiff City should field a strong team in the FA Cup?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: “ Do you want a cup run? “

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:49 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Simple matter is, you should want your team to win every game you compete in.

Still sour thinking about the Burton Albion game and how Warnock threw the game into them really.

Of course you should, and imagine what a confidence booster it would be if we can beat one of the big boys. I remember the buzz after we beat teams like Man City, Spurs Leeds etc. in these cup competitions, and I also remember the big queues for tickets. It gets the whole place going and creates a lot of excitement and anticipation when the draws for the various rounds are made. I think a good cup run would be great, and possibly bring some more supporters back to the club.

Exactly, big opposition or opposition around us we should be looking to win no matter what.

A shout out to the 13 fans who voted no, top supporters you are.

This is becoming part of the modern game now and I don't like it and think it's disrespectful and just simply wrong that supporters and managers wouldn't really give a rats arse about going out and say things like prioritise the league.. I can forgive the manager and team if we go out if we put in a performance that is worthy of competing and giving us a strong chance of winning the game but performances like Fulham in January and Burton were simply disgraceful and pathetic performances.
It simply wasn't the Warnock performances we see in the league and he was much too blame for poor team selection and the attitude of the players, it was half hearted attempts from the teams that day and I really hope we don't see the same in January.

i voted no...and feel exactly the opposite to you yes voters...top supporters you lot are
2nd in the league and you want a cup run which invariably will hurt league form just in the hope we can draw a top 6 club...

Little LINCOLN got to the quarter finals last year and went up - Huddersfield got to the round before and went up ???

not a lincoln fan im a Cardiff fan and these cup runs cost us.

Are you THICK or STUPID - To what you said - These clubs went up last season with a " CUP RUN " -

Try and it up with your points - Or are you that thick you don't know what your posting ?????

yes im thick and stupid for agreeing with our manager and the manager that took us up..
thick OR stupid....pmsl...try what ...try it up with your points...no idea what that means..but eh its im the thicko
Last edited by dogfound on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Simple matter is, you should want your team to win every game you compete in.

Still sour thinking about the Burton Albion game and how Warnock threw the game into them really.

Of course you should, and imagine what a confidence booster it would be if we can beat one of the big boys. I remember the buzz after we beat teams like Man City, Spurs Leeds etc. in these cup competitions, and I also remember the big queues for tickets. It gets the whole place going and creates a lot of excitement and anticipation when the draws for the various rounds are made. I think a good cup run would be great, and possibly bring some more supporters back to the club.

Exactly, big opposition or opposition around us we should be looking to win no matter what.

This is becoming part of the modern game now and I don't like it and think it's disrespectful and just simply wrong that supporters and managers wouldn't really give a rats arse about going out and say things like prioritise the league.. I can forgive the manager and team if we go out if we put in a performance that is worthy of competing and giving us a strong chance of winning the game but performances like Fulham in January and Burton were simply disgraceful and pathetic performances.
It simply wasn't the Warnock performances we see in the league and he was much too blame for poor team selection and the attitude of the players, it was half hearted attempts from the teams that day and I really hope we don't see the same in January.

i voted no...and feel exactly the opposite to you yes voters...top supporters you lot are
2nd in the league and you want a cup run which invariably will hurt league form just in the hope we can draw a top 6 club...

In what way does a cup run (WINNING GAMES) hurt the league? I am sorry if you went on a cup run and it affected your league you can't blame the cup you blame the manager and team.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:53 pm

dogfound wrote:no thanks..i want us to finish as high as possible and extra games defo detract from that.

As i said JUST FROM LAST YEAR - LINCOLN and HUDDERSFIELD ( And they played a few more games than most last season )

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:55 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:no thanks..i want us to finish as high as possible and extra games defo detract from that.

As i said JUST FROM LAST YEAR - LINCOLN and HUDDERSFIELD ( And they played a few more games than most last season )

It doesn't detract from that and it's a s**t excuse to not blame the player and managers for other performances.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:56 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

In what way does a cup run (WINNING GAMES) hurt the league? I am sorry if you went on a cup run and it affected your league you can't blame the cup you blame the manager and team.

its extra games mate..i know this dont go down well with fans but it happens to be true.
our form after reaching the lge cup final was awful..we recovered to finish 6th ..
managers dont feild weakened sides because they dont like the FA cup..its because extra games has adverse effect on players.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:56 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

yes your correct and all the managers along with me are stupid or thick... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:00 am

dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

its extra games mate..i know this dont go down well with fans but it happens to be true.
our form after reaching the lge cup final was awful..we recovered to finish 6th ..
managers dont feild weakened sides because they dont like the FA cup..its because extra games has adverse effect on players.

GIVE IT UP YOU CLOWN - The facts are their from last season - LINCOLN Went up as CHAMPIONS & HUDDERSFIELD Ended up playing more games to go up via - play -offs - What pat of that don't you understand ???

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:00 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

It doesn't detract from that and it's a s**t excuse to not blame the player and managers for other performances.

Huddersfield won promotion..but their form fell away towards the end of season...happens way to often to be a coincidence..

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

GIVE IT UP YOU CLOWN - The facts are their from last season - LINCOLN Went up as CHAMPIONS & HUDDERSFIELD Ended up playing more games to go up via - play -offs - What pat of that don't you understand ???

CLOWN..i must be OGS brawd eh..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 am

dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Huddersfield won promotion..but their form fell away towards the end of season...happens way to often to be a coincidence..

THEY WENT UP !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ARE YOU FOLLOWING THIS :roll:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:06 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

so lincoln trumps all the managers in top 2 divisions...Huddersfields form suffered...ok they went up..but only won 3 of their last 10 league games...

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:13 am

It's about the end result - Both those teams played more game and went up ???

That's just from last season - i can go back from years ago with teams going up - it's all about game time - squads - moving forward - going to the next level ( where have been before MM ) :thumbup: And as Mr TAN likes making money ;)

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:It's about the end result - Both those teams played more game and went up ???

That's just from last season - i can go back from years ago with teams going up - it's all about game time - squads - moving forward - going to the next level ( where have been before MM ) :thumbup: And as Mr TAN likes making money ;)

yes reached lge cup semi final 2 points of auto...then win 1 in 7 end up just about making play offs...Malky took no chances the following year did he.?
and the money is a drop in the ocean to prem

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 am

dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:It's about the end result - Both those teams played more game and went up ???

yes reached lge cup semi final 2 points of auto...then win 1 in 7 end up just about making play offs...Malky took no chances the following year did he.?

"then 1 in 7 end up just about making play off " ?????

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

we were 2 points off the automatic places prior to winning the semi finals.then went on a run of 7 games winning just 1 of them ending all hope of straight promotion..and ended up 6th

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:45 am

dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We went top in NOVEMBER Under MM And stayed top - The season we went up :bluebird: - what else did we do that season???
we were 2 points off the automatic places prior to winning the semi finals.then went on a run of 7 games winning just 1 of them ending all hope of straight promotion..and ended up 6th

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:50 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We went top in NOVEMBER Under MM And stayed top - The season we went up :bluebird: - what else did we do that season???

you think the lge cup final was the same year as we won promotion? wow

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:02 am

dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I Asked what else we done that season ??? the league cup was a year later .
So let's get back to the point in you mind and what you think - Cup Runs ruin teams hopes of going up ???

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I Asked what else we done that season ??? the league cup was a year later .
So let's get back to the point in you mind and what you think - Cup Runs ruin teams hopes of going up ???

the league cup was a year earlier...not later.
and yes extra games take it out of players ....its a recognised fact . why dont you just listen to managers /coackes/pundits/players talking about it....but of course topcat knows better..
as i said Malky took no chances the year after the league cup final ...you know..the year we went up..

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:18 am

If you votes no make sure you don@t come across Dai Hunt.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:25 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
dogfound wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Little LINCOLN got to the quarter finals last year and went up - Huddersfield got to the round before and went up ???

not a lincoln fan im a Cardiff fan and these cup runs cost us.

Are you THICK or STUPID - To what you said - These clubs went up last season with a " CUP RUN " -

Try and keep up with your points - Or are you that thick you don't know what your posting ?????

Wow that’s not like you TopCat! You normally just put a ;) emoji on your posts and little else.
I do agree with you though and think a cup run would be great for the fans, the players, the bank balance, the confidence etc.
I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want a nice exciting cup run. We have the squad.
Saying that we’ll probably be drawn against Grimsby away and lose 1-0
:lol:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:51 am

Love the FA Cup all part of being a football fan and childhood memories of growing up with Saturdays cup final day and on tv all day. And sat there waiting for the draw and when a big club or rival comes out your repeating Cardiff City, Cardiff City, Cardiff City over and over and then saying Fucke sake when they dont come out :D :D and then doing your own draw with bits of paper...Loves it...Come On :ayatollah:

Bring on that 3rd Round draw and add a cup run into the agony and ecstasy of following the City.

THE JACKS AT HOME OR NEWPORT COUNTY AWAY (if they beat Cambridge) FOR ME. :D

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am

The majority have gone with yes but I can't see any reason why?

We need to concentrate on league games.
More games = more injuries

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:54 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:The majority have gone with yes but I can't see any reason why?

We need to concentrate on league games.
More games = more injuries

reasons..its great for the fans...4k and 6k at 10 quid a pop last 2 seasons
great for the players..i bet they are itching to be in a reserves team game { it was visible last season }.
bank balance....days of it being a money spinner ended years ago.
confidence...yep all managers have researched this { which they have } and come to the complete opposite conclusion.
a few examples of this new found confidence ...reached lge cup final but then only won 1 out of 7 lge games...beat leeds lost at home to peterboro following week..and for the oldies..1977 reached 5th rd played Everton then lost 5 out of next 6....and for the really really oldies..ECWC the year we beat Madrid.we only one of our 6 Saturday games after a mid week cup game..and after the defeat in Spain lost 4 of the remaining 10 having lost only 5 all season prior to that....lost out on promotion by only 3 points..
now if your a drunk time traveller that re edits his posts fair enough...but some pretty sensible posters just ignore what all the experts tell us too...go figure..

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 am

reading some of the comments on here you have to wonder if it was just a dream when certain teams won the League and the FA Cup. Sound like it should be impossible. Makes you wonder how we used to cope with playing in 4 competitions with a first team squad of around 18 players, and without the benefit of modern treatment, nutritionists and all the rest.
We only need to win 3 cup games to be in the quarter finals. If we are not capable of playing a couple of additional games, there is something wrong.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 am

Yes definitely want the south wales derby next year prem aint all that anyway apart from we are a business amd need the money

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:04 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:reading some of the comments on here you have to wonder if it was just a dream when certain teams won the League and the FA Cup. Sound like it should be impossible. Makes you wonder how we used to cope with playing in 4 competitions with a first team squad of around 18 players, and without the benefit of modern treatment, nutritionists and all the rest.
We only need to win 3 cup games to be in the quarter finals. If we are not capable of playing a couple of additional games, there is something wrong.

i used to think the same..i was wrong.
when the overwhelming evidence and opinions of managers/coaches/nutritionists is opposite to yours..its time to re assess..

anyway pointless debate our old school manager will field the reserves as will 90% of managers of clubs in the top 2 tiers..

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:52 am

A cup run is easily forgotten being promoted to the prem is'nt

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Cup games are great to give players like Connolly and Healy 90 minutes.
We seem to have enough strength in depth to field a strong side, even if they are fringe players.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Cantonblu wrote:A cup run is easily forgotten being promoted to the prem is'nt

Not sure about that. Apart from a couple of games eg. Man City, our Premier League campaign was instantly forgettable. I still often hear us described as the 1927 club, and how many times has Scott Young's goal against Leeds been shown. In the last 50 years, a few memorable moments stand out for me, and every one relates to a cup game. The one I've just mentioned, Brian Clarke against Real Madrid, Sayer against Spurs, and Blake against Man City. I imagine these would be stand out moments for many other fans as well.