Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock v Malky

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Interesting stat on BBC Wales tonight....

The team are now have more points at this stage than the Malky team had in the promotion season

Re: Warnock v Malky

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:54 pm

For 10% of the budget

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Also equalled the home record under Malky from the promotion season, haven't we?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:20 pm

KWest wrote:Also equalled the home record under Malky from the promotion season, haven't we?

No. Malky won all of the first ten home matches. Neil has won seven drawn three. Neil's record is not too shabby though!

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:44 pm

The money Malky wasted was unreal, imagine if Warnock had that amount with us.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:21 pm

A team that actually gets stuck in.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 pm

In terms of managerial ability there’s no comparison between the two

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:28 pm

I also believe the league was weaker when we went up under malky. This league would defo not allow us to have that blip we had at the end of the season

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:47 pm

2 Great managers .

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:27 am

No comparison. Warnock is in a class of his own.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:37 am

Malky was liked, but its love with Neil..

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:14 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:2 Great managers .

Disagree with this based on records.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:24 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:2 Great managers .

Agree, they were/are both great managers for us.
As somebody else said though - Malky was liked but it’s a love-in with Neil!!

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Can't see how they can be compared. One manager with tons of experience, plenty of successful promotion campaigns, and the ability to work on a shoestring budget. The other one has managed three clubs, achieved success when he was given a massive budget, and when he had no money was given the boot with his club well on their way to relegation.
Be interesting to see what Mr.Warnock could have done here with the sort of money that Malky had. In fact, I wonder what my Granny could have done with that sort of money. ;)

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Can't see how they can be compared. One manager with tons of experience, plenty of successful promotion campaigns, and the ability to work on a shoestring budget. The other one has managed three clubs, achieved success when he was given a massive budget, and when he had no money was given the boot with his club well on their way to relegation.
Be interesting to see what Mr.Warnock could have done here with the sort of money that Malky had. In fact, I wonder what my Granny could have done with that sort of money. ;)

I reckon I could've got us promoted with that budget.

Wolves are in the same predicament now, once they go up the manager will be found out.