Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of Reading v Cardiff City be?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Reading win
4%
Cardiff City win
59%
Draw
37%

Total votes : 49

MATCH THREAD "READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 pm

READING v CARDIFF CITY
Monday 11th December, 8pm
SkyBet Championship
Madejski Stadium

STARTING 11

Neil Etheridge
Bruno Manga
Sean Morrison
Sol Bamba
Joe Bennett
Callum Paterson
Loic Damour
Joe Ralls
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Junior Hoilett
Omar Bogle

SUBSTITUTES

Brian Murphy
Lee Peltier
Matt Connolly
Greg Halford
Liam Feeney
Lee Tomlin
Anthony Pilkington

PAY ON THE NIGHT / CASH FOR CARDIFF FANS :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

No memberships or id needed, just pay cash at the turnstiles :ayatollah:

CHEAP TICKETS £20 ADULTS :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Away end holds 4,350 :bluescarf: :bluebird:

1,160 tickets sold for tonights Big game, Its pay on the night :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

11/12/17

Team news

Star striker Kenneth Zohore is fighting his way back from injury, but this clash may come a little too soon. Gunnarsson and Mendez-Laing have also had knocks of late but should both be fine.

Team selection

Warnock has a number of options at right back. Either he sticks with centre-back Bruno Manga, who's done a great job out of position, or he calls Lee Peltier back into the side.

"Alternatively, the versatile Callum Paterson can play there if the boss wants a more attacking option. Up front, it will be a simple choice between Omar Bogle and Danny Ward."

09/12/17

1,200 plus sold :bluescarf:

Well over 1,000 now sold.

08/12/17
City sold 920 tickets so far :bluebird:

' Team News '

Aron Gunnarsson again a doubt after it emerged his latest lay-off is also down to an historic problem.

Neil Warnock: " No Kenneth Zohore for Reading Away "

Fringe frontman Frederic Gounongbe has also seen his hopes of breaking into the starting side dashed after a new injury that Warnock says could keep the Benin international out for months.

But, in better news, Kadeem Harris is back training while Rhys Healey and Lee Camp could be ready to take steps towards a first-team comeback in an Under-23 match next week. Jazz Richards is another of Cardiff’s regulars who has been hit by injury issues in recent weeks, undergoing surgery on an ankle injury suffered at the start of October.

Neil Warnock:

“Although We've coped with all these injuries, like with Jazz, we just have to try and hang in there,” Warnock added. “I can’t fault the lads, we’re doing really well, the results have been – apart from the first half against Norwich – what we’ve deserved.”

87783269-0BD7-48D2-9BAD-2828B64C6985.jpeg

About Reading

Reading Football Club is a professional association football club based in Reading, Berkshire, England. The team play in the Championship, the second tier of English football.

Reading are nicknamed The Royals, due to Reading's location in the Royal County of Berkshire, though they were previously known as The Biscuitmen, due to the town's association with Huntley and Palmers. Established in 1871, the club is one of the oldest teams in England, but did not join The Football League until 1920, and had never played in the top tier of English football league system before the 2006–07 season. The club competed in the 2012–13 Premier League season, having gained promotion at the end of the 2011–12 season after winning the Championship, but were relegated after just one season back in the top flight.

The club played at Elm Park for 102 years between 1896 and 1998. In 1998 the club moved to the new Madejski Stadium, which is named after the club's co-chairman Sir John Madejski.

The club holds the record for the number of successive league wins at the start of a season, with a total of 13 wins at the start of the 1985–86 Third Division campaign and also the record for the number of points gained in the professional league season with 106 points in the 2005–06 Football League Championship campaign. Reading then finished eighth in the 2006–07 Premier League, their first ever season as a top flight club.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Damour, Bryson, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Ward

Reading: Mannone, Bacuna, McShane, Moore, Gunter, Van Den Berg, Aluko, Edwards, Kelly, Barrow, Kermorgant

I can't get to Reading, can I watch the match live?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports.

Form - Last Three Games

Cardiff City 3-1 Norwich City
Nottingham Forest 0-2 Cardiff City
Barnsley 0-1 Cardiff City

Sunderland 1-3 Reading
Reading 3-0 Barnsley
Reading 0-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Match Odds

Reading - 9/5
Cardiff City - 6/4
Draw - 9/4

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:

Don't forget to vote for your Man of the Match after the game. That poll will be posted on this forum at full time :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS " READING v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Lawnmower never mind cutting the grass get the bookings sorted :thumbup:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 pm

0-2 city :bluebird:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Cheap Tickets £20 Adults :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I know loads who are going after work and with there kids,one of the easiest Away trips of the season :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Cardiff City have 3,500 Tickets :bluebird:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:32 pm

I hate saying it but we just don't look like losing hmm

With the return of Zohore and Gunners should be even stronger?

The most important thing about all this is NW and his backroom staff with any team talks or changes.

Reading will not be easy but I'm going for 2-0 to City

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I hate saying it but we just don't look like losing hmm

The most important thing about all this is NW and his backroom staff with any team talks or changes.

I feel the same Karl :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I hate saying it but we just don't look like losing hmm

I feel the same Karl :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Hi Annis, it's not an arrogance or being cocky I was there last night and even being down I felt we would turn it around. Not felt that for a long time.

I have mates who support some of our rivals and they are concerned we are the real deal?? I hope so!!

Just happy to still go under the radar with either no mention or very little mention. Bring it on I say

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheap Tickets £20 Adults :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I know loads who are going after work and with there kids,one of the easiest Away trips of the season :ayatollah: :bluebird:

driving up anyone know the best places to park? :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Always Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cheap Tickets £20 Adults :thumbright: :ayatollah:

driving up anyone know the best places to park? :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mereoak Park and Ride. The post code is RG7 1PB.It’s an excellent service. Just come off the usual M4 exit at Junction 11 and head along the A33 to Basingstoke for about a mile before you see a signpost for Mereoak park and ride where you take a turning to the right. Then go around the mini roundabout and turn right into the car park. Walk across the carpark to the buses where you will see one for the Madejski

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 pm

We normally park in one of several local car parks near to the ground. I think we paid about £8 last time but split between the people in the car it seemed ok

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm

2-2.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 pm

1-3 city :bluescarf:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:1-3 city :bluescarf:

2-0 City. Any idea how many sold?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 pm

PAY ON THE NIGHT FOR CARDIFF FANS / CASH :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:54 pm

CHEAP TICKETS £20 ADULTS :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Away end holds 4,000 :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:08 pm

How many have we sold?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Always Blue wrote:How many have we sold?

Was quite low before Friday nights victory, as low as 500, but now expecting over 2,000, surprising what another victory does :bluebird:
I reckon as many as 2,500 could travel :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Looking to get a ticket for my mate. Please let me know if you got a spare

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 am

505 wrote:Looking to get a ticket for my mate. Please let me know if you got a spare

Its pay on the day.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:24 am

A draw for me 2-2

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Was quite low before Friday nights victory, as low as 500, but now expecting over 2,000, surprising what another victory does :bluebird:

From the club. " City fans will be located in the South Stand, which has an overall capacity of 4,350. Half of the overall seating is allocated to visiting supporters." You woukd think we should fill the amount allocated if its only 2000 as they say.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Sam_89 wrote:
505 wrote:Looking to get a ticket for my mate. Please let me know if you got a spare

Its pay on the day.

Kinda scared it's gonna be sold out, given our run recently and if we only get 2000

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Sam_89 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

From the club. " City fans will be located in the South Stand, which has an overall capacity of 4,350. Half of the overall seating is allocated to visiting supporters." You woukd think we should fill the amount allocated if its only 2000 as they say.

Sam, We have the whole 4,350 away section :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Guys is it definitely pay on the gate ??

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

90210 Blues wrote:Guys is it definitely pay on the gate ??

Tim aka Lawnmower who goes to the Supporters meetings with our club & Authorities has said there will be two turnstiles open for Cardiff City Fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:13 pm

505 wrote:
Sam_89 wrote:

Its pay on the day.

Kinda scared it's gonna be sold out, given our run recently and if we only get 2000

Just been to the ticket office and the lady said between 800 and 900 sold so no need to worry about it selling out. Can see pay on the day and weekend sales taking us to 1300 - 1500 :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Aron Gunnarsson again a doubt after it emerged his latest lay-off is also down to an historic problem.

Neil Warnock: " No Kenneth Zohore for Reading Away "

Fringe frontman Frederic Gounongbe has also seen his hopes of breaking into the starting side dashed after a new injury that Warnock says could keep the Benin international out for months.

But, in better news, Kadeem Harris is back training while Rhys Healey and Lee Camp could be ready to take steps towards a first-team comeback in an Under-23 match next week. Jazz Richards is another of Cardiff’s regulars who has been hit by injury issues in recent weeks, undergoing surgery on an ankle injury suffered at the start of October.

Neil Warnock:

“Although We've coped with all these injuries, like with Jazz, we just have to try and hang in there,” Warnock added. “I can’t fault the lads, we’re doing really well, the results have been – apart from the first half against Norwich – what we’ve deserved.”

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:22 am

' THERE ARE NOW 12 DIFFERENT AWAY SUPPORTERS CLUBS TAKING COACHES TO CARDIFF AWAY GAMES '
With Vince Alm and Wayne Dibs Anderson taking 2-10 away coaches
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=189813

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Well this Topic has had Over 7,000 Views, so surely fans now know there are enough & loads of ways to follow Cardiff City away :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Rem Fans tell fans what they have read, so over 10,000 will now know :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

" NO MORE EXCUSES / WE SHOULD BE TAKING MIN 1,500 AWAY AND SOME AWAY GAMES 3,000 PLUS ' :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Over a 1,000 now sold :bluebird:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:43 am

This is an interesting article I found on WSC!

http://www.wsc.co.uk/features/13998-remembering-robin-friday-the-reading-and-cardiff-maverick-ahead-of-his-time

The guys who wrote the book is doing a book signing at the Reading Megastore ahead of our game there on Monday. I already got my copies in the post but am going to bring them with me and get them signed. Also will be interested to have a chat with the author about Robin Friday!

The book itself is a slim edition but a brilliant read full of great photos so I would urge any looking for xmas gift for a Cardiff fan to grab a copy. It's only a tenner so pretty good value.

Come on Blue Birds!