Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock Loves ‘Fantastic’ Bluebirds Supporters......

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Posted on 1st December 2017 by Terry Phillips

Neil Warnock praised Cardiff City’s ‘fantastic’ fans after their 3-1 home win against Norwich City.

While Canaries manager Daniel Farke was fuming over second half decisions by the referee, Warnock was overjoyed by a fourth successive win.

“The fans were fantastic and I heard them signing happy birthday,” said Warnock. “It was a fabulous feeling. I’ve had so many birthday wishes this week.

“I’d like to think I gave our supporters a birthday present tonight as well.”

Warnock admitted Cardiff’s first half performance was ‘abysmal’ and praised his coaching staff, Ronnie Jepson and Kevin Blackwell, for their part in setting up a second half revival.

“The lads did me proud in the second half after an abysmal first 45 minutes,” he said. “I wish we could have used five subs, not two (Bogle and Tomlin went on).

“We needed a spark. We had nothing to lose because it had been so bad.

“We 12 minutes to go before half-time I said to Ronnie and Blackie that all we could hope for was reaching half-time at 0-0. Then Norwich scored.

“The players were shellshocked at half-time and I had words with the team. Ronnie, Blackie and I all had our say. I thank them for coming up with the right words and the substitutions worked well.

“I can’t fault the second half display. We could have scored five or six.”

Warnock revealed that he made an error in allowing Joe Ralls to take both second half penalties.

Goalkeeper Angus Gunn saved the second spot-kick and Warnock said: “I have never allowed anybody to take two penalties in a match. I forgot to mention that because we didn’t expect to be awarded two.”

The next Championship match for Cardiff is against Reading away on Monday week.

Re: Neil Warnock Loves ‘Fantastic’ Bluebirds Supporters.....

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Happy Birthday Mr Warnock :D

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Penblwyd hapus I ti Neil a diolch yn fawr iawn am everything you are doing for us. The crowds will come back...... :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:07 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAFFER

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Being a seasoned City supporter I just keep waiting (not hoping) for the slip up.........but it just don't seem to be happening.

Long may it continue. Warnock seems to have a steel about him that I cannot remember seeing before in a City manager. Malky did a a great job, for which I applaud and loved it, but on a looser purse string than Neil.

The Eddie May days will live with me forever, but what a roller coaster that was......absolutely brilliant.

But Warnock has something different, he manufactures draws out of defeat, and wins out of draws & defeat. I think we're very lucky to have him and long may it continue.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:25 pm

I’ve never heard Happy Birthday sang at a football match and tonight when all 4 stands joined will live long in my memory, especially on the back of the great news regarding his Wife.

This was followed by the “Warnock, do the ayatollah” chant, but he was quite rightly too focused on the match. The chorus of sarcastic boos straight after made my night. :lol:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:I’ve never heard Happy Birthday sang at a football match and tonight when all 4 stands joined will live long in my memory, especially on the back of the great news regarding his Wife.

This was followed by the “Warnock, do the ayatollah” chant, but he was quite rightly too focused on the match. The chorus of sarcastic boos straight after made my night. :lol:

You actually bring up an important beef I have with the fans at times. I wish they wouldn't ask players/coaching staff to do the Ayatollah during game time because rightly they should be concentrating on what they are doing. Asking after the game or during substitution's is the proper time.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Being a seasoned City supporter I just keep waiting (not hoping) for the slip up.........but it just don't seem to be happening.

Long may it continue. Warnock seems to have a steel about him that I cannot remember seeing before in a City manager. Malky did a a great job, for which I applaud and loved it, but on a looser purse string than Neil.

The Eddie May days will live with me forever, but what a roller coaster that was......absolutely brilliant.

But Warnock has something different, he manufactures draws out of defeat, and wins out of draws & defeat. I think we're very lucky to have him and long may it continue.

Good to see you back posting on here again THM.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:57 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:Being a seasoned City supporter I just keep waiting (not hoping) for the slip up.........but it just don't seem to be happening.

Good to see you back posting on here again THM.

Paul, I agree and hope it continues. THM a great poster in the past! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:05 am

Cheers GES & Sven.......much appreciated. I'm tying to stay awake for the Ashes but failing badly.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:49 am

I thought it was brilliant when City fans Sang Happy Birthday to Neil Warnock :bluebird: :bluescarf: