Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Justice was done "

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 pm

From my view in the Canton our second penalty was soft to say the very least :o :o :o

It didn't look like the keeper made any contact with Tomlin at all and as he was on a yellow there was a risk that if the ref saw it as a dive he could have been off the field!

Ralls obviously thought it was wrongly awarded as well as he passed the ball gently back to their keeper from the spot kick.

Now I know that Ralls had a 100% record with his pens before tonight but his first penalty was so weak (the keeper dived over it) that there could have been an arguement for someone else to take the second penalty.

I noticed Warnock said something to Ralls as he left the pitch at the end - I wonder if it was "You're off pens now Joe" :lol:

Re: Justice was done

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:11 pm

I turned to my mate and said how I thought Tomlin had dived and that it was never a penalty. He agreed with me. We both then turned back to the game and started chanting “off, off, off” in an attempt to get the Norwich player sent off. True fans :lol:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:25 pm

davids wrote:From my view in the Canton our second penalty was soft to say the very least :o :o :o

It didn't look like the keeper made any contact with Tomlin at all and as he was on a yellow there was a risk that if the ref saw it as a dive he could have been off the field!

Ralls obviously thought it was wrongly awarded as well as he passed the ball gently back to their keeper from the spot kick.

Now I know that Ralls had a 100% record with his pens before tonight but his first penalty was so weak (the keeper dived over it) that there could have been an arguement for someone else to take the second penalty.

I noticed Warnock said something to Ralls as he left the pitch at the end - I wonder if it was "You're off pens now Joe" :lol:

Why would you risk missing an open goal after rounding the keeper for a penalty?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 pm

davids wrote:From my view in the Canton our second penalty was soft to say the very least :o :o :o

Got taken out in mid air, nothing soft about it!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:22 am

I think it was because NW doesn't let player take two pens in a game , he wasn't expecting two tonight and forgot to point it out so expect it's to do with that?

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am

There was contact 100% but looked like he dangled his leg waiting for contact

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:34 am

Was right in line with it and it was never a pen. Hate divers even if it’s one of our own.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:21 am

Bluesince92 wrote:Was right in line with it and it was never a pen. Hate divers even if it’s one of our own.

I was in the Canton right in line with Tomlins run and I thought he just caught him although I could be persuaded otherwise by tele replay. Tomlin was completely airborne so he would have gone flying at the slightest of touches. If there was any contact not initiated by a Tomlin trailing leg then its definite penalty. Its not a case of there be insufficient force, in this case the slightest impact would have taken him out.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:58 pm

epping blue wrote:
Bluesince92 wrote:Was right in line with it and it was never a pen. Hate divers even if it’s one of our own.

I was in the Canton right in line with Tomlins run and I thought he just caught him although I could be persuaded otherwise by tele replay. Tomlin was completely airborne so he would have gone flying at the slightest of touches. If there was any contact not initiated by a Tomlin trailing leg then its definite penalty. Its not a case of there be insufficient force, in this case the slightest impact would have taken him out.

I'm half way up in the corner of the Canton/Ninian stand, and from my line of vision, it was a clear cut penalty, so much so infact, that I thought the ref was going to give a red card to the keeper. Right decision, Imo.