Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NORWICH MANAGER LAUNCHES BIZARRE RANT AFTER DEFEAT “

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Friday 1st December 2017

By Dominic Booth

Daniel Farke launched a bitter criticism of referee Andy Davies following Norwich City's 3-1 defeat at Cardiff City , claiming the Bluebirds' equalising penalty was "a present".

The German manager refused to slam his own players for letting slip a 1-0 lead to the high-flying Bluebirds, instead claiming the referee changed the game with two spot-kick decisions.

Ivo Pinto was adjudged to have pulled down Sean Morrison on 47 minutes, with Joe Ralls converting the resulting penalty to make it 1-1.

But Farke, who called his team "brilliant" in the first half, said it was "obvious" why the game changed after the break, referring to the referee.

"I think it was a brilliant performance from my lads," he said.

"We faced an opponent who won their last three games in a row and who was unbeaten in their home games. We had a brilliant first half, we didn't give away one chance and scored a beautiful goal.

"We could easily have been in a lead 2-0, but I'm not willing to comment on the second half because if I give my honest thoughts 100 per cent I would be fined by the FA or something like this.

"I think it was quite obvious for each of you in the stadium to see what the reason was for the loss today."

When prompted to expand, Farke said there was no foul on Morrison for the first penalty, or Lee Tomin for the second.

He raged at a free kick decision later in the half and claimed Tomlin - who was brought down for the second penalty, which Ralls missed - admitted to him after the game that he'd slipped, instead of being brought down by goalkeeper Angus Gunn.

"I have to be a bit careful," Farke added.

"I always speak to my players on how to be awake in each situation because a small minor mistake can lead to a loss.

"But then there's a penalty situation after 47 minutes when a cross comes in and no-one can tell me where there was a foul. The referee blows his whistle but it was 100 per cent no foul.

"This changed the game 100 per cent. It was a present for them.

"Second chance for them they hit the crossbar but it wasn't a free kick.

"The second penalty for Cardiff City, even the player came to me after the game and said 'sorry I slipped, it wasn't a penalty'.

"And then we created a lot, although Cardiff is well organised and good at defending, they don't concede any goals. It's hard to accept and so difficult to turn around. The only thing I can criticise is one losing of the ball in the second half. For that, Josh Murphy has to learn."

Re: “ NORWICH MANAGER LAUNCHES BIZARRE RANT AFTER DEFEAT “

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:04 pm

More sour grapes from a poor manager who is about to get the push. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Ummm.....doesn't he understand that we scored only to gave it cancelled out by the referee because he had blown for the penalty so if he hadn't given the penalty then it still would have been 1-1!! :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 pm

billy ronson wrote:Ummm.....doesn't he understand that we scored only to gave it cancelled out by the referee because he had blown for the penalty so if he hadn't given the penalty then it still would have been 1-1!! :bluescarf:

Good point Billy :old: :wave: :laughing6: :occasion5: :bluebird:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never known so many refs giving us so many decisions - of course it has nothing to do with our play, it's all a conspiracy to help us out!!

Another chump that's been out thought by a better manager and whose team were (eventually) swept aside - three goals, hit the bar and missed a penalty. Worst 45 minutes of football we've played for ages and yet we could still have scored 5 goals.

Get over yourself mate - enjoy your trip back! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Think Fucker has been making up quotes from Tomlin! Can't slip if you're in the air, which he was as he was trying to jump over the keeper's challenge. Got taken out while airborne!

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Odd one this. As someone above stated, if it’s not a penalty for the first one it’s a goal anyway, second one was missed so had no bearing on final score

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:41 pm

They certainly were good in H1 for sure and played some great football at times throughout. High pressing and playing us at our own game was the game plan. And then NW makes two HT substitutions that changed the game.

Norwich fans want him out so Fuckwit-Farke had already prepared his blame-game excuses well ahead of FT and they're more obvious than a bulldogs bollox. They've got a good squad there who probably had one of their best performances of the season tonight despite the result. They need to get another manager in as the present one is living on borrowed time and the usual sour grapes.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Another load of crap from a manager trying to cover his arse.

That said I would agree that Norwich played well and I would rate them as the second best team after Brentford to visit CCS this season.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 pm

Maybe he did slip and it shouldn't have been a penalty, didn't look like Ralls even tried to score & it was more like a back pass to the keeper than an attempt to score.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:18 am

They were the best team 1st half no doubt about that

2nd half we out Warnocked them.. press them..force them into mistakes and then hit them on the break

Yet another so called foreign genius manager outwitted by the wily old pensioner!!!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:36 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:They were the best team 1st half no doubt about that

2nd half we out Warnocked them.. press them..force them into mistakes and then hit them on the break

Yet another so called foreign genius manager outwitted by the wily old pensioner!!!

NW said 70 is the new 50 so he's only 49. He's a wily middle aged maestro!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:39 am

Another quote from him claims it was a foul on his player when 1st pen given not other way round! :roll:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:07 am

I can see what's happening here........Dominic Booth and his lazy cohorts are perpetuating a myth, in the knowledge that they can skive off for 48 hours before a game with their copy already written!

Same old blah blah blah blah.........

We are serious contenders for the title, with or without referees, with or without our best players, with or without any television highlight coverage (shame on you BBC & ITV) and with or without 30,000 fans in the stadium (but that is coming).

People like Dominic need to re-write the narrative.......the only time these Managers complain is when they lose.........and that's been quite often against us. Enuff said.....

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:04 am

I think his interview was totally moronic. The man is an idiot.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am

Ninianparkspecial wrote:I think his interview was totally moronic. The man is an idiot.

He's a feckin idiot, the second penalty should have been a sending off for the keeper, he came missed the ball and took Tomlin out, so that's a penalty and a red card.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:42 am

Do the decent thing, Delia. Put him out of his misery.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:45 am

The referee spoke to both Pinto and Vranic in the first half for holding and blocking Morrison at corners and freekicks. The fact that both decided to ignore the warnings from the referee led to the dcecision to award the penalty, and it was a penalty, but the referee should have waited a second because we scored anyway.

The best thing about last night, besides the 3 points of course, was the no messing about decision to change things at halftime because they way we set out last night just wasn't working. The only thing that went unchanged in that game was Bennett following Hoolihan where ever he went, but thanks to NW this season we have the players on the bench who can change a game and last night Tomlin and Bogle proved that.

The referee didn't change the game last night it was NW, halftime special team talk or tactical change the intensity, pace and power we showed in that 2nd half just blew Norwich away and they had no answer, on or off the field.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:09 am

The guy is a clown if the ref hadn't blown for the first pen the goal would of stood. I agree the second changed the game but in their favour as the keeper should of seen red ????

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:59 pm

If he didn't blow we had scored anyway and then we didn't even score the second one!!! Hahaha have a word mate! I bet tomlin loved telling him he slipped probably threw a cheeky wink in!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 pm

nubbsy wrote:If he didn't blow we had scored anyway and then we didn't even score the second one!!! Hahaha have a word mate! I bet tomlin loved telling him he slipped probably threw a cheeky wink in!

He later claimed was a foul on his player 1st goal! :laughing6:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Watching post material on the game and even most of the Norwich fans want's him gone....if he's trying to come up with lame excuses like this it's no wonder.