Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomlin

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 pm

That turn that left 2 Norwich players for dead was superb. He certainly adds something extra to the team, but will he ever become a regular?

Re: Tomlin

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:57 am

Doesn't pressurise opposition enough, poor work rate. So will rarely start in a Warnock team.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:16 am

Dai Drope wrote:That turn that left 2 Norwich players for dead was superb. He certainly adds something extra to the team, but will he ever become a regular?

Agree. But I think we needed him 2nd half and it did put them on their back foot a bit having to deal with a proper number 10. We’ll be using him again if we’re up against it I’m sure of that.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am

I agree with you both, just he doesn't fit the bill as what many describe as a NW type player!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:53 am

Dai Drope wrote:I agree with you both, just he doesn't fit the bill as what many describe as a NW type player!

Yes but he’s probably the only player in the squad who can ‘unpick’ a defence and turn a loss into a win. But I agree that he won’t be a regular and that he’s not NW type player

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 am

Bloody hell guys warnock signed hin ffs

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:57 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Bloody hell guys warnock signed hin ffs

Not often I find myself in agreement with you but yes it needs to be said.....Wanock signed
Tomlin and doesn't play him enough especially at home

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 am

Yep he signed him we know, that makes it all the more strange. Perhaps it is in readiness for the Premier where NW believes he will shine!

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 am

Dai Drope wrote:Yep he signed him we know, that makes it all the more strange. Perhaps it is in readiness for the Premier where NW believes he will shine!

Yes of course NW signed him. Just saying he doesn’t seem the stereotypical Warnock type player.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 pm

tbh I think he should play far more than he does, and as some have said Warnock signed him so I don't see why he doesn't get more game time. Every time he plays or comes on from the bench we look better and far more threatening when we are attacking, and some of his touches and passing is incredible, tbh id rather him than Bryson atm.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Looked knackered last night he needs game time i'd play him for 90 min in under 23 side if they have a game this week.

He'll only get better when he is match fit.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:43 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Looked knackered last night he needs game time i'd play him for 90 min in under 23 side if they have a game this week.

He'll only get better when he is match fit.

Good Call

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:56 am

Why is he so fat?

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:51 am

Dahboy wrote:Why is he so fat?

He’s not, he’s got large ribs!

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:17 am

Friday night was a great opportunity to bring Tomlin on as we were playing so badly before hand we had nothing to lose, thus taking the pressure off. I believe this led to his natural ability shining through. Great performance in the second half by City, although credit to Norwich who I thought were very good in the first half.