Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST 20,000 TONIGHT

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 pm

poor turnout again considering our four wins on the bounce and position at the top :old:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST 20,000 TONIGHT

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:30 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Looking at it positively 17,000 is an improvement on 14,000 which was our low point. Half-Season Tickets are selling well and it is likely that we will nudge 20,000 on a constant basis from Boxing Day as it starts to dawn on the missing fans something special is happening down at CCS.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:37 pm

i thought 3 -1 was ok myself

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:53 pm

dogfound wrote:i thought 3 -1 was ok myself
:lol: Nice one

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 am

I've (sort of) given up trying to work out why people aren't attending City games in higher numbers; it's not as if the manager and his players aren't giving their best or not achieving. This is without doubt the best season we've had for some time; possibly including the red affected Malky promotion one! ;)

One thing I can confidently state is that despite rhetoric to the contrary, both manager and hierarchy are baffled as to why the 'missing' fans (validated by selected attendances, inc. the Leeds United game) aren't showing belief in their side by attending more games at the CCS :(

They feel (rightly so IMHO) that they have delivered a team and a work ethic that should be drawing more people to the CCS

Once again the crowd there were very quiet again until our equaliser early in the second half and the atmosphere was pretty subdued for a team in second place in the Championship! :?

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:24 am

Give it a rest ffs

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:45 am

RV Casual wrote:Give it a rest ffs

Exactly

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:40 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:

Exactly

Roger that, its boring the tits off me

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:48 am

Big post, stop now if you are like me and want short sharp responses.

The crowds are at the right level for our league position, pricing, advertising, entertainment level, potential audience and football's position within the region.

We get what we get.

My concern is two fold. One, why so many people think we should have bigger crowds. History plays no part in today's culture, people's priorities change.

Secondly, why are the club baffled? They are a business if they want bigger crowds they do something about it and not just send out the manager saying he doesn't know what else they can do.

In my list at the top of the post there are things that they cannot change or do not need changing ie. League position, entertainment value and potential audience. But they can do something about pricing, advertising and football's position within the region.

I would say pricing has been addressed with the half season tickets but even then some will not come so next is the advertising to get the message out there. If that isn't working they have to reposition the club's position in the region's thinking.

It's not rocket science on how to build your brand it's just unfortunate that football clubs are still stuck in the last century and rely on blind faith to get fans through the turnstiles. Gone are the days when the club was seen as part of the community and you felt as one with the players. It's now a business so treat it like one and stop sulking.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:53 am

Crowd last night was 17,033 including 630 Norwich fans who made the 580 mile round trip on a Friday night.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:00 am

I know of 5 mates who moaned all week about the crowds but didn't bother going they went to see a band instead ,tbh the people who went were hard-core city fans and that's all what counts

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:10 am

Agree, very tedious and boring now. We all know crowds will increase Boxing Day onwards and the atmosphere second half last night was very good :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:21 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

Exactly

It’s getting really boring now :sleepy2: every day there is a another swipe at missing supporters

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:36 am

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

Exactly

It’s getting really boring now :sleepy2: every day there is a another swipe at missing supporters

I agree it is and embarrassing as Football Banter and Away Days is full of thousands of other clubs fans slagging our support of with such a succesful team,it hurts, I use to argue our side 24/7, now I just stay away from it as I ran out of excuses and reasons.
For me now it's Well Done those that are attending :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 am

We get this every sodding home game! We aren't Leeds size and never will be!
We are the same size as Fulham, Boro, Ipswich and Hull. We have a hardcore of 6000 who will watch anything and 15000 for league games.
If we are top 2 after Feb I expect crowds of 23000 and maybe 27-30000 for the last games.
If we go up we'll get 33000 every game. Thats where you capture future generations with 2 year season tickets etc.
The days of us getting 50000 are long gone, much like Bolton who once got 67000!
This is how it is. Times change.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 am

Christmas parties and the Christmas rush is going to have an impact - that being said the stadium was more empty than i thought it would have been for the game especially on a Friday after work

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 am

Not boring at all but a very valid point to be made on a regular basis

Over 30k at Leeds last night for a live Sky game and we get half that. But as someone else said those of us who were there last night are the core fans that the club can rely on.

The answer for the poor attendances is obvious - South Wales football fans are fair weather glory hunters who have for generations supported the bigger teams. That's it. Everyone on this forum will know Man Utd, Liverpool fans etc who refer to them as us or we - this it it for them and City will be a team they watch when it's cheap or a big club are in town

It'll take a long time for this to change and we had a chance when we went to the Premier League last time but messed it up and I'm not talking about the shirt colour. A level of success will hopefully bring the crowds back but it's small steps and half a season of good results is not enough in itself

For me I'm loving it right now - I'll be there next year and the year after no matter what happens from this point but it does feel a bit special right now - long may it continue :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:57 am

The crowd was exactly what most people expected. Well done who all who went, great atmosphere in the 2nd half.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:08 am

I agree it should be but it will get there - I think it will slowly rise from here on in - as long as we continue the success. I'd expect it to be averaging 20,000 by beginning of January if we are in the top 2. By March if we are still there then 25,000!
I'm not going to worry anymore though about how many were there or weren't there - our crowds are much better than pre Warnock. I'm just enjoying going down the city more than I ever have now! :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 am

Sven wrote:I've (sort of) given up trying to work out why people aren't attending City games in higher numbers; it's not as if the manager and his players aren't giving their best or not achieving. This is without doubt the best season we've had for some time; possibly including the red affected Malky promotion one! ;)

One thing I can confidently state is that despite rhetoric to the contrary, both manager and hierarchy are baffled as to why the 'missing' fans (validated by selected attendances, inc. the Leeds United game) aren't showing belief in their side by attending more games at the CCS :(

They feel (rightly so IMHO) that they have delivered a team and a work ethic that should be drawing more people to the CCS

Once again the crowd there were very quiet again until our equaliser early in the second half and the atmosphere was pretty subdued for a team in second place in the Championship! :?

ive gone through most of my life thinking if we were in this position we would average 25k...it was probably based on no more than seeing the crowd bumps at NP for big games and assuming we could attain those levels over periods of time....then ,having read a few things people had posted online i decided to check out what was being said.more to confirm my own beliefs than anything else...i was wrong...there is no evidence of Cardiff City Football Club averaging 25k in this division in my lifetime....
fully understand fans making the mistake i had....but the board?
are thier expectations 25k..? and is it based on CCFC history or comparisons with other historically more sucessful clubs ?
and i dont see the Leeds game being validation for anything other than you can get more in if you give a 75% discount only to see the extras disappear the folowing week...a variety of venues for all sorts of events would achieve a one off bump with such a discount..and as fans we have seen this big game bump with a massive drop off the following week time and time again.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 pm

all this concern and moaning about our crowds yet the two posts most likely to have a positive effect on crowds have been un stickied and allowed to drop down the board......???????????

half season ticket offer..
and
Hull City offer..?????????????