Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ MY LAST TEAM TALK LIKE THAT ENDED UP ON YOUTUBE “

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Quotes via Cardiff City, Wales Online & Inside Cardiff City.

NEIL WARNOCK REACTION TO NORWICH CITY WIN:

"The last time I said something like that at half time, it was on You Tube. The lads did me proud second half but after an abysmal first half, anything would have been better.

I shouldn’t have to go like that at half time – especially on my birthday. I’m not sure I’ve had to do it since I’ve been here, but we were so poor in the first half and something had to be done.

I wish we could have put five subs on, we needed a spark and I thought there was nothing to lose.

In the end we made a couple of changes which is again something I don’t often do. But we took the gamble and it worked for us – we could have scored five or six in the end.

I have to give Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson a pat on the back for the part they played at half time too. We had a chat about what needed changing and I thought they were fantastic.

I think they were both penalties but he should have let the first one go to let Bamba have the goal, but that's a lesson to him, really. And a lesson for me because I don't usually let the same player take two penalties.

Wingers are supposed to be a bit lazy aren’t they? Not Junior – I just told him I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody work so hard.

I’m pleased for him. He’s got his confidence now and he deserved his goal.

I can’t fault the lads. We could have scored five or six. They were great goals, really well worked. We’ve got the right type of lads but I don’t think they could have turned it around themselves, they were that shellshocked. If we’d carried on, we could have got beaten three or four.

Re: “ MY LAST TEAM TALK LIKE THAT ENDED UP ON YOUTUBE “

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:11 am

Brilliant statement by NW. Junior, just wow. But the forum Kludos Awards goes to Neil and his masterclass HT changes.

The Happy Birthday song is up there with some of the best for me, absolute class from the Canton on getting it going.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Jesus, I would not have liked to be a player in that dressing room at half time :lol:

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:47 pm

In that video, I'm sure Ron Jepson was one of his players, so I guess he new what was coming on Friday!

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:06 pm

This is video, think Ron Jepson is at 6.30 mins in.

https://youtu.be/kQtWVcFpvHg

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:08 pm

I was eight behind the bench on Friday and the three of them were screaming at times. I bet it the players were shitting themselves!