Penalty taker

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Penalty taker

Postby Bluesman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:53 am

I know it is not a good time to bring this point up for Joe Ralls but forgetting the (pass back) penalty last night I do not have confidence when he takes a penalty. Don't we have anyone in the side who can give us the confidence that if we get a penalty we are more or less assured we are going to score. Someone who if the keeper gets in the way he also goes into the net. Sorry Joe :wave:
Bluesman

Penalty taker

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Penalty taker

Postby piledriver64 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:15 am

Hoilett?
piledriver64

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:30 am

Only ever missed one penalty
paulh_85

Postby epping blue » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:33 am

This reminds me of the Ross McCormack penalty taking. In my mind he took a pretty poor penalty relying almost every time on the goalie going early. Once your found out they'll stand up to you and start saving them. Whitts to be fair was fantastic. Ralls needs to strike the ball to beat the keeper and not rely on finding an empty net. Ralls had warning last night, with the first the goalie waited and nearly saved but it just about crept into the corner. He should have realised if he hits down the middle, this goalie saves it.
epping blue

Postby VincentTanOut » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:44 am

epping blue wrote:This reminds me of the Ross McCormack penalty taking. In my mind he took a pretty poor penalty relying almost every time on the goalie going early. Once your found out they'll stand up to you and start saving them. Whitts to be fair was fantastic. Ralls needs to strike the ball to beat the keeper and not rely on finding an empty net. Ralls had warning last night, with the first the goalie waited and nearly saved but it just about crept into the corner. He should have realised if he hits down the middle, this goalie saves it.

What are you on about? The keeper definitely didn't wait to see where he went on his first penalty, he dived before Ralls shot and Ralls still beat him, great pen. Whitts went down the middle a lot, and I can't remember a keeper ever saving one when he did, can't blame Ralls for that.
VincentTanOut

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:06 pm

VincentTanOut wrote:
epping blue wrote:This reminds me of the Ross McCormack penalty taking. In my mind he took a pretty poor penalty relying almost every time on the goalie going early. Once your found out they'll stand up to you and start saving them. Whitts to be fair was fantastic. Ralls needs to strike the ball to beat the keeper and not rely on finding an empty net. Ralls had warning last night, with the first the goalie waited and nearly saved but it just about crept into the corner. He should have realised if he hits down the middle, this goalie saves it.

What are you on about? The keeper definitely didn't wait to see where he went on his first penalty, he dived before Ralls shot and Ralls still beat him, great pen. Whitts went down the middle a lot, and I can't remember a keeper ever saving one when he did, can't blame Ralls for that.

Should always pick your spot and use it saw a stat for a player other night 4 pens same spot every time scored all of them though garaunteed goalie as reserched where he hit them didn't matter still scored when he took 5th . :old:
pembroke allan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:44 pm

His record is good but I’ve never any confidence in him when he steps up for some reason. I said to my son when he took the ball for the second that somebody else should take it. Bit of a mistake by Neil this but lucky it didn’t matter!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Ffs people give him a break, if you include penalty's taken last season as well his record must be something like 6 penalty's taken 5 scored and 1 miss. Everyone misses the odd penalty, unless your Peter Whittingham or Rickie Lambert.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Before Ralls stepped up for the second penalty, I said that I would put it down the middle. The keeper had already seen where Ralls put the first penalty, so I thought the keeper would either dive the same way, or think Ralls would put it in the opposite corner and dive the other way. I never expected the keeper to stand up and I still think it was the correct decision from Ralls to go down the middle.

Unfortunately, the keeper stood up and caught it. But 9 out of 10 keepers would have dived, it was just one of those things. I don't blame Ralls at all as he put the penalty exactly where I would have. It took a lot of balls for Ralls to be brave and go down the middle and it's one of those where if the keeper dived out the way, we would all be saying what a clever penalty it was. I don't blame Ralls at all and I definitely wouldn't take him off penalties because of it.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Before Ralls stepped up for the second penalty, I said that I would put it down the middle. The keeper had already seen where Ralls put the first penalty, so I thought the keeper would either dive the same way, or think Ralls would put it in the opposite corner and dive the other way. I never expected the keeper to stand up and I still think it was the correct decision from Ralls to go down the middle.

Unfortunately, the keeper stood up and caught it. But 9 out of 10 keepers would have dived, it was just one of those things. I don't blame Ralls at all as he put the penalty exactly where I would have. It took a lot of balls for Ralls to be brave and go down the middle and it's one of those where if the keeper dived out the way, we would all be saying what a clever penalty it was. I don't blame Ralls at all and I definitely wouldn't take him off penalties because of it.

I agree with you if it was me and I went right with my first pen I would guess the second time that the GK would either go the same way thinking I'm going to go there again or the other way thinking I'm not going to go the same way 2 times, so I would have gone down the middle as well as most GK don't stand still in goal and they usually dive one way or another.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby NIBluebird » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:26 pm

John Buchannon went straight down the middle .

Albeit he hit it 100 mph leaving keeper no chance
NIBluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:27 pm

NIBluebird wrote:John Buchannon went straight down the middle .

if the keeper doesnt move hes got every chance :laughing6:
paulh_85

Postby wez1927 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:32 pm

As soon as he stepped up for the 2nd my dad turned to me and said he will miss ,you should always change the kicker
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:38 pm

scored 3 last season from 3

and 3/4 this season. so im not worried about him taking penalties at all
paulh_85

Postby NIBluebird » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:27 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:John Buchannon went straight down the middle .

if the keeper doesnt move hes got every chance :laughing6:

Keepers were petrified , one broke his wrist attempting to save one of his penalties, I don’t recall him missing any ??

Maybe stand corrected
NIBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:02 am

paulh_85 wrote:scored 3 last season from 3

and 3/4 this season. so im not worried about him taking penalties at all

Agree - That is a good stat - some on here think they can do better ??? Step Up !!!
TopCat CCFC

Postby KBK-13 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:

Should always pick your spot and use it saw a stat for a player other night 4 pens same spot every time scored all of them though garaunteed goalie as reserched where he hit them didn't matter still scored when he took 5th . :old:

Lanzini for West Ham against Everton, the b*stard cost me £150 !!

Also saw 1 where it showed Jamie Vardy just smashes it down the middle, and the keeper saved that because he was expecting it, can’t remember who that was against though, might have been Liverpool
KBK-13

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm

i'm one of Ralls' biggest critics but you can't take him off penaltys when he's done nothing wrong.

This is only thing i'm confident Joe Ralls can do well.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby stephendavid » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:24 pm

If he goes the same way people will moan,if he goes the opposite way people will moan,if the keeper dives an it goes in people would have loved it!penalty taking is a lottery just pick your spot an put your laces through it if the keeper guesses right so be it
stephendavid

Return to General Chat