Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Penalty miss

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Quite ironic as a conversation I had this week was we don't miss penalties, lot of that is down to the past master witts but I genuinely couldn't remember the last time we missed one. Had to be a good few years unless my memory has slipped. Anybody help me out? :thumbup:

Re: Penalty miss

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Quite ironic as a conversation I had this week was we don't miss penalties, lot of that is down to the past master witts but I genuinely couldn't remember the last time we missed one. Had to be a good few years unless my memory has slipped. Anybody help me out? :thumbup:

Outside pen shootouts cannot think of one but sure it's at least 4 yrs ago in not longer?

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Quite ironic as a conversation I had this week was we don't miss penalties, lot of that is down to the past master witts but I genuinely couldn't remember the last time we missed one. Had to be a good few years unless my memory has slipped. Anybody help me out? :thumbup:

Outside pen shootouts cannot think of one but sure it's at least 4 yrs ago in not longer?

I would say much longer than that, somebody will have the answer.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:31 am

Stringfellow wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The last time we missed a penalty was 2015, ironically against Norwich! Whitts missed in a 3-2 defeat at their place.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The last time we missed a penalty was 2015, ironically against Norwich! Whitts missed in a 3-2 defeat at their place.

Not that long ago then, must be a while before that missed that one. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:33 pm

I remember him missing against WBA away but he netted the rebound in 2-0 win (08/12/2009)

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/comp ... mpionship/

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:06 pm

I was at crystal palace about 7yrs ago, whitts missed a penalty, we lost 1-0

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:25 am

Stringfellow wrote:
NyeBluebird wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not that long ago then, must be a while before that missed that one. :thumbup:

Well we only had one penalty in our PL campaign!