Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Next years season tickets "

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Marketed correctly and timed right the club could cash in on this, sometimes you need to look longer term than short term. An early bird price or incentives to buy including free tickets for this season will see sales for next year ticket rocket if timed right.

Cardiff fans have never been any different, they panic at the thought of missing out. One of the reasons we had higher crowds in some years was good marketing at the right time and high ST sales if the promised land is not reached then people already committed and the majority will come next season premiership or championship.

Personally am a ST holder, but I for sure attend more games than I would if I didn't have one. Hopefully club have recognised this, if they haven't then I hope they have read this post. :laughing6:

Re: Next years season tickets

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Marketed correctly and timed right the club could cash in on this, sometimes you need to look longer term than short term. An early bird price or incentives to buy including free tickets for this season will see sales for next year ticket rocket if timed right.

Cardiff fans have never been any different, they panic at the thought of missing out. One of the reasons we had higher crowds in some years was good marketing at the right time and high ST sales if the promised land is not reached then people already committed and the majority will come next season premiership or championship.

Personally am a ST holder, but I for sure attend more games than I would if I didn't have one. Hopefully club have recognised this, if they haven't then I hope they have read this post. :laughing6:

An early bird price or incentives to buy including free tickets for this season
Don’t get this if you are a season ticket holder why would you need a free ticket for this season :lol: :laughing6:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:25 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Marketed correctly and timed right the club could cash in on this, sometimes you need to look longer term than short term. An early bird price or incentives to buy including free tickets for this season will see sales for next year ticket rocket if timed right.

Don’t get this if you are a season ticket holder why would you need a free ticket for this season :lol: :laughing6:

This isn't about me, this is about the club that I love.

Re: " Next years season tickets "

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:48 pm

The premier league has so much TV money the season ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean. The early bird offer should be our usual price plus a decent credit to you city cash account if we get to the promised land.

But we should remember the (Ad nauseam) attendance threads this season, if we whack the cost of premier league cat A games to something silly because that lot are customers and not fans.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 pm

If we get promoted we won't need any promotions or offers to sell out our season ticket allocation, just like last time it will go overnight and still have a 10,000 fan waiting list.

If we don't make the PL then we will need some good marketing to sell more ST's as we will need the revenue with the Parachute payments ending. Hopefully though after the great efforts of this season we will get more of the lost fans back for next season.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:

To share with friends? :ugeek:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Be carefull city if you ripp me off next season i wont forget. Keep price the same.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Think your missing my point, I agree if we go up we will sell out but if we start selling them while the season is still going many will take a gamble and buy early and if we don't go up we will still have the fans coming next season.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:

So nothing for the person who buys a season ticket just their mates who don’t want buy one :?:
What’s wrong with a free cup game next season or will that mean that they have to spend money on loyal season ticket holders

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Think your missing my point, I agree if we go up we will sell out but if we start selling them while the season is still going many will take a gamble and buy early and if we don't go up we will still have the fans coming next season.

But if you limit to current season ticket holders until say March it may help shift a few more for this year.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm

There was constant momentum season over season since the last year at NP and we hooked a few thousand each season. The post premier era tested a lot of us and took all the air out of even the most ardent fan.

Lets be honest, we lost our legend to semi retirement and brought in 2 free kids from League 1, a total unknown from the french second tier,a journeyman injured goalkeeper, a kid from scotland with a broken leg and our big money signing was from a relegated team and a plump lad from our rivals a month into the season....Only the faithful we going to turn up.

The club need to think and act fast....I agree with Stringfellow there are big opportunities for those less ardent to find a reason to come back to the fold, the club needs to haul them in quickly.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 pm

No excuses , cheap Christmas present

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 pm

I get the original post, but the only people I am concerned about is the people that are there now the true fans. This years season ticket holders will have the price freeze anyhow for next season. And no doubt if we continue as we have been the fans that love seeing the likes of City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs etc will soon be clamouring to get a season ticket for the big boys if it seems close to coming off.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Isn’t next season a price freeze?

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:58 pm

KBK-13 wrote:Isn’t next season a price freeze?

Yep :thumbright:

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:

So nothing for the person who buys a season ticket just their mates who don’t want buy one :?:
What’s wrong with a free cup game next season or will that mean that they have to spend money on loyal season ticket holders

You asked a question and I gave a valid answer :? A free ticket might not appeal to you (apparently) but I wouldn't mind a few to take family and friends. :D :D

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 pm

KBK-13 wrote:Isn’t next season a price freeze?

Not 100% sure but wasn't that only for those who renewed by a certain date?

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:16 pm

The 16500 - 17000 that are going to the cardiff city stadium should get some sort of priority or early bird perk.....

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:50 pm

BEAKERBLUE wrote:
BEAKERBLUE wrote:

You asked a question and I gave a valid answer :? A free ticket might not appeal to you (apparently) but I wouldn't mind a few to take family and friends. :D :D

I accept your answer but you have a free ticket to take a family or friend but you would have to move from your friends or family to another seat somewhere else in the ground (that if there are two seats together )or let them sit on their own next to strangers

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 am

If you are a REAL City fan then you should not need perks, just get off you arses and buy a season ticket and stop looking for excuses not to buy one. :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Bluesman wrote:If you are a REAL City fan then you should not need perks, just get off you arses and buy a season ticket and stop looking for excuses not to buy one. :bluescarf:

Years ago I would have agreed with you, pulled my hair out and used the term glory fan etc. Not anymore, I have a ST and do about 5 away but does that make me more of a fan than somebody that doesn't or less a fan than the guy who doesn't miss a game? No it doesn't, we are all different have different commitments but deep at heart all city just some runs deeper than others. :thumbup:

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Think your missing my point, I agree if we go up we will sell out but if we start selling them while the season is still going many will take a gamble and buy early and if we don't go up we will still have the fans coming next season.

its a very good idea mate.