Am i missing something with Swansea City??

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Am i missing something with Swansea City??

Postby mucker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:58 pm

NW has said he’ll go upstairs if we go up .I wonder if Pulis is biding his time ?
mucker

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby dogfound » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:16 pm

mucker wrote:NW has said he’ll go upstairs if we go up .I wonder if Pulis is biding his time ?

bloody hell..he hasnt been out of a job a fortnight yet
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:25 am

mucker wrote:NW has said he’ll go upstairs if we go up .I wonder if Pulis is biding his time ?

Where has he said this as a fact.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I've not read anything like that but it would not surprise me if it happens.

Most of us have a feeling if Warnock gets us to the Premier he will step down. If this happens he will have everyone's blessings which will make a refreshing change for us as far as managers go. I hope he does hang around and gets a position upstairs although I would like it to be a sort of none executive one so no blame can be put his way if things go wrong.

Adding to all this Pulis would be a great replacement. With his record of keeping clubs up in the Premier he sounds the ideal man for us. So let's get promoted first and let's keep an eye on Pulis until then.
Bakedalasker

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Most of us have a feeling if Warnock gets us to the Premier he will step down. If this happens he will have everyone's blessings which will make a refreshing change for us as far as managers go. I hope he does hang around and gets a position upstairs although I would like it to be a sort of none executive one so no blame can be put his way if things go wrong.

Adding to all this Pulis would be a great replacement. With his record of keeping clubs up in the Premier he sounds the ideal man for us. So let's get promoted first and let's keep an eye on Pulis until then.

Sounds like a plan!
What riles me is when people state a fact like this poster when nothing like it has been said.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Sounds like a plan!

What riles me is when people state a fact like this poster when nothing like it has been said.

He may not want to step down. If he get us up with the little money that has been given to him, he might feel he has earned the right to have one last crack at pitting himself against the very best. He certainly won't be lacking in experience.
As for moving upstairs, I'm not so sure. I think he is a hands on man, and I doubt if he would be happy taking a back seat admin role. It would not surprise me if he retires altogether rather than sit upstairs in the background with some posh title that means very little.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:I really cant see Pulis going there and risking his reputation.The club is in freefall and long may it continue

Swansea City FC have today reiterated their faith in manager (Paul Clements) and say they will back him with funds in the January transfer market, so Tony Pulis not a likely option ;)

He (Clement) is considering his options but fish and chips down the Mumbles is looking the likely option, as that way he can include the under 21's and youth teams in his budget! :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Sven wrote:
CF23 Bluebird wrote:I really cant see Pulis going there and risking his reputation.The club is in freefall and long may it continue

Swansea City FC have today reiterated their faith in manager (Paul Clements) and say they will back him with funds in the January transfer market, so Tony Pulis not a likely option ;)

He (Clement) is considering his options but fish and chips down the Mumbles is looking the likely option, as that way he can include the under 21's and youth teams in his budget! :laughing6:

Maybe too late in January. If you take look at their fixtures, it's one hard game then one easier game over next month or so! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Welshcitydragons » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Wow a lot of moronic comments on here.

People are annoyed with Huw Jenkins (not just him but the entire former board) as they went behind the backs of the largest single shareholder in the club and supporter representatives (Supporters Trust), tore up their shareholders agreement which stated that any share sale must be offered to other shareholders first and sold to an American consortium they did little to no due diligence on. They apparently ignored a Chinese consortium wanting to invest in the club and the City because the American deal would be easier to conclude.

They also sold their voting rights of any residual stakes they held in the club, giving the Americans 75.1% of voting rights even though they only own 68% of the shares. This ensures that they essentially maximised their price for their shares by hamstringing the Trust with voting rights and devaluing their shares as a result.

Nobody has begrudged them making money, selling their shares, any of that. It was always going to happen at some point, be that by choice or death - people dont last forever. However there is a way to sell your shares and ensure the ongoing well-being of the club and the way they did it was certainly not the way.

Probably similar sort of thing to why many hate Sam Hammam even though he brought a modicum of success to the club when he was there, its how he left it that was the issue. :thumbup:
Welshcitydragons

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Welshcitydragons wrote:Wow a lot of moronic comments on here.

People are annoyed with Huw Jenkins (not just him but the entire former board) as they went behind the backs of the largest single shareholder in the club and supporter representatives (Supporters Trust), tore up their shareholders agreement which stated that any share sale must be offered to other shareholders first and sold to an American consortium they did little to no due diligence on. They apparently ignored a Chinese consortium wanting to invest in the club and the City because the American deal would be easier to conclude.

They also sold their voting rights of any residual stakes they held in the club, giving the Americans 75.1% of voting rights even though they only own 68% of the shares. This ensures that they essentially maximised their price for their shares by hamstringing the Trust with voting rights and devaluing their shares as a result.

Nobody has begrudged them making money, selling their shares, any of that. It was always going to happen at some point, be that by choice or death - people dont last forever. However there is a way to sell your shares and ensure the ongoing well-being of the club and the way they did it was certainly not the way.

Probably similar sort of thing to why many hate Sam Hammam even though he brought a modicum of success to the club when he was there, its how he left it that was the issue. :thumbup:

so in a nutshell they sold to the wrong consortium , the right consortium of course would now have become the wrong consortium if you were in the same league position as you are now under them...
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:50 am

dogfound wrote:

so in a nutshell they sold to the wrong consortium , the right consortium of course would now have become the wrong consortium if you were in the same league position as you are now under them...

Who's to say the Chinese wouldn't have done what yanks did as obviously trust were an hinderunce in the sale of club? Hindsight is a wonderful thing when things go wrong :clap:
pembroke allan

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:17 pm

dogfound wrote:

No, nothing to do with selling to the right or wrong consortium. The right or wrong consortium could not be determined as the Trust were kept in the dark and thus could not do due dilligence. The main issue being that the shareholders agreement that had stood for 12 years was ignored and selling shareholders maximising their returns in order to hamstring the supporters Trust even further, it has nothing to do with league position. This has been going on for the best part of 2 years, why you are only picking up on it now is baffling.
Welshcitydragons

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Who's to say the Chinese wouldn't have done what yanks did as obviously trust were an hinderunce in the sale of club? Hindsight is a wonderful thing when things go wrong :clap:

Nobody said that. It was highlighting the fact that they rushed through the sale to stop the Trust doing due dilligence and stopping a sale if they were seen to be improper owners (like they did with Moores and Noell a year previous).

There is no hindsight. All of this was very much said at the time. If you are only just noticing it is your fault I would guess. The rush to be even more vocal is due to the fact that once relegated then steps will be taken to hurriedly recoup their investment so it is a case of time running out than anything else.

But once more, I don't think the Americans are all that bad, the anger isnt really directed at them. It is directed at Huw Jenkins who still retains a small stake in the club and continues as director of football even though he has had about 3 years (6 windows) of abject failure and represents the club even though he stabbed it in the back. It sends out all the wrong messages when wanting olayers to fight for it when the chairman showed such little respect for it.

I know you fall over youselves to have a dig at your "non rivals" but show a bit of sense.
Welshcitydragons

Postby dogfound » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Welshcitydragons wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Nobody said that. It was highlighting the fact that they rushed through the sale to stop the Trust doing due dilligence and stopping a sale if they were seen to be improper owners (like they did with Moores and Noell a year previous).

There is no hindsight. All of this was very much said at the time. If you are only just noticing it is your fault I would guess. The rush to be even more vocal is due to the fact that once relegated then steps will be taken to hurriedly recoup their investment so it is a case of time running out than anything else.

But once more, I don't think the Americans are all that bad, the anger isnt really directed at them. It is directed at Huw Jenkins who still retains a small stake in the club and continues as director of football even though he has had about 3 years (6 windows) of abject failure and represents the club even though he stabbed it in the back. It sends out all the wrong messages when wanting olayers to fight for it when the chairman showed such little respect for it.

I know you fall over youselves to have a dig at your "non rivals" but show a bit of sense.

not having a dig...just observing.
the Americans are not that bad ?.....but Huw stabbed you in the back by selling to them ?...and the 6 windows of abject failure has kept you in the premier league and without serious debts..sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Swansea are one of a number of clubs that you wouldnt expect to last very long in the EPL..the Swansea fans i know do realise this ..but the ones i know are not new fans and appreciate how good its been. and.how bad it has been in years gone by.
dogfound

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:37 pm

dogfound wrote:
Welshcitydragons wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

the Americans are not that bad ?.....but Huw stabbed you in the back by selling to them ?...and the 6 windows of abject failure has kept you in the premier league and without serious debts..sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Swansea are one of a number of clubs that you wouldnt expect to last very long in the EPL..the Swansea fans i know do realise this ..but the ones i know are not new fans and appreciate how good its been. and.how bad it has been in years gone by.

All banter aside, no one has been 'stabbed in the back' and least of all by Huw Jenkins. All he did was take an ailing (some would say dying) unfashionable club and turn it into a phenomenal success in a relatively short period of time in a not too dissimilar way to that of Wimbledon under Sam Hammam before (again like Sam) selling it on as a business venture to parties that they thought had the best interests of the club at heart!

That the story since has been slightly different to what had been promised is mainly down to the American owners and I'm sure that Huw Jenkins has had his say in the Boardroom

Certain people can only go so far and it was widely known that Jenkins and his fellow Board Members were close to expiry of their club shelf life. We had a similar position with Sam and (almost equally) with the Kumar brothers back in the days when Cardiff City 'toyed' with success but didn't really deliver to their potential

Rick Wright was a slightly different proposition. He came in, told us EXACTLY what he would do and then did it. Sadly, that included walking out when he said he would and in the absence of any genuine people to take the club forward after seasons of success that included some of the best of which I have witnessed :notworthy:

I don't actually dislike Swansea the football club. I just detest their pig ignorant fans, who genuinely thought they were the real deal and then spent so much time on another club's Forum spouting inaccuracies and bile. We certainly don't see much of them of late but don't think they won't be back as soon as they string a couple of results together. That's how truly thick they are!

Thankfully, the status quo appears to be returning and that is how it should be; but I won't be going on their Forums to tell them about it. I'll just sit back and smile in the knowledge that they know what's happened and they'll know that we know! ;) :ayatollah: :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Welshcitydragons wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I didn't say it either just pointed out could have been same which is true! And hindsight refers to fact that your fans are not happy full stop and yanks are target for their frustrations, as for jenkins well i pointed out 2 yrs ago his policy of sell big buying cheap will cost club in end the premier is full of similar clubs who ended up relegated! And my partner is swans fan so do get to hear things! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Welshcitydragons wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

All banter aside, no one has been 'stabbed in the back' and least of all by Huw Jenkins. All he did was take an ailing (some would say dying) unfashionable club and turn it into a phenomenal success in a relatively short period of time in a not too dissimilar way to that of Wimbledon under Sam Hammam before (again like Sam) selling it on as a business venture to parties that they thought had the best interests of the club at heart!

That the story since has been slightly different to what had been promised is mainly down to the American owners and I'm sure that Huw Jenkins has had his say in the Boardroom

Certain people can only go so far and it was widely known that Jenkins and his fellow Board Members were close to expiry of their club shelf life. We had a similar position with Sam and (almost equally) with the Kumar brothers back in the days when Cardiff City 'toyed' with success but didn't really deliver to their potential

Rick Wright was a slightly different proposition. He came in, told us EXACTLY what he would do and then did it. Sadly, that included walking out when he said he would and in the absence of any genuine people to take the club forward after seasons of success that included some of the best of which I have witnessed :notworthy:

I don't actually dislike Swansea the football club. I just detest their pig ignorant fans, who genuinely thought they were the real deal and then spent so much time on another club's Forum spouting inaccuracies and bile. We certainly don't see much of them of late but don't think they won't be back as soon as they string a couple of results together. That's how truly thick they are!

Thankfully, the status quo appears to be returning and that is how it should be; but I won't be going on their Forums to tell them about it. I'll just sit back and smile in the knowledge that they know what's happened and they'll know that we know! ;) :ayatollah: :laughing6: :laughing6:

You clearly have such little idea what you are tqlking about it is quite frightening.

Read the posts I very kindly put together to inform you would be my advice.
Welshcitydragons

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 pm

dogfound wrote:

No Americans are not really that bad, they are just a hedge fund comsortium. They have not pillaged the club like some owners could do, they have not done an awful lot wrong. Just some inexperienced decisions.

6 windows of abject failiure kept us in the Premier League yes, but that was not the aim. We had a side that was competing in the top half of the Premier League, winning a major trophy and getting to the knockout stages of Europe and playing wonderful football. You are making the mistake that our aim was just to scrape by in the PL playing a dross brand of the game.

We all know how bad it has been, but that doesn't mean we should accept abject substandard rubbish. It is the acknowledgement of how bad it can get that should be the driving force behind a desire to not allow it to get that bad again.

The view that it was bad before so we should leave it get bad again is a view I just cannot fathom. Being bad is one thing, being bad due to needless deceit and underhand dealings is quite another.
Welshcitydragons

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Welshcitydragons wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Welshcitydragons wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

You clearly have such little idea what you are talking about. It is quite frightening. (Mistakes edited)

Read the posts I very kindly put together to inform you would be my advice.

I'll have a think about all that! :thumbright:

Yep, had a thought and nope, I still can't take you seriously! ;) :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:
Sven

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:19 pm

So a five way shareholders agreement that stood for 12 years, signed by all stating that no shareholder can become a majority shareholder (50+1%) and any sharesale must be offered to other current shareholders first... was ignored.

A year of negotiations happened behind the largest shareholders back, that is in place to protect the club and represent the fans, due to them discovering the last lot of Americans were not fit and proper owners. They were told when it was far too late to do any due dilligence, Huw Jenkins when asked, didnt even know who was behind the consortium. He had no idea who they were selling to - and still dont due to it being a business registered in Delaware.

Wanting to cover his tracks Jenkins on the eve of the sale got his lawyer to ask the Trust to agree to discard the shareholders agreement. Which they onviously declined. In order to maximise his/their return they also kept shares but sold their voting rights ensuring that the Trust has no power at all and is essentially rendered useless.

So you understand the above and think that is not Jenkins stabbing the club and the supporters Trust in the back?

If that is the case that is either you being extremely silly based on the rivalry you do your best to play down, or you really are that thick. I will give you credit and assume it is the former.
Welshcitydragons

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Welshcitydragons wrote:So a five way shareholders agreement that stood for 12 years, signed by all stating that no shareholder can become a majority shareholder (50+1%) and any sharesale must be offered to other current shareholders first... was ignored.

A year of negotiations happened behind the largest shareholders back, that is in place to protect the club and represent the fans, due to them discovering the last lot of Americans were not fit and proper owners. They were told when it was far too late to do any due dilligence, Huw Jenkins when asked, didnt even know who was behind the consortium. He had no idea who they were selling to - and still dont due to it being a business registered in Delaware.

Wanting to cover his tracks Jenkins on the eve of the sale got his lawyer to ask the Trust to agree to discard the shareholders agreement. Which they onviously declined. In order to maximise his/their return they also kept shares but sold their voting rights ensuring that the Trust has no power at all and is essentially rendered useless.

So you understand the above and think that is not Jenkins stabbing the club and the supporters Trust in the back?

If that is the case that is either you being extremely silly based on the rivalry you do your best to play down, or you really are that thick. I will give you credit and assume it is the former.

The Trust committee knew full well what was going on, hence the recent reshuffle and departures.
WelshPatriot

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:25 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
The Trust committee knew full well what was going on, hence the recent reshuffle and departures.

What are you talking about? What you are saying doesnt make sense.
Welshcitydragons

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Just passing by.
The whole sell-out thing is hilarious.
I long ago told that pr1ck roath jerky what was going to happen.
Jenkins and his mates were always going to bale out and cash in their chips. It was only a matter of when. Anyone with even the slightest knowlege of how the swansea mafia operate could have seen that. Unfortunately for the locals/the trust - some of whom seem to have done quite well out of it along the way- they believed their own/Jenkins hype and got mugged.

I did think that the key to any deal was the purchase of the ground or similar as from memory all they have/had was a right to groundshare for another 15 years or so-may be less- without any legal renewal rights. I can only surmise that the Yanks were prepared to take the chance and Jenkins has indeed delivered some kind of deal which gives them a form of financial security.
I also pointed out previously that the jerks were being subsidised to the tune of around £500,000 per annum in terms of rent not paid and I see that in their new deal they will be paying a substantial figure although below that level. Probably he softest deal the Council could give them.
If there was a Chinese consortium, perhaps they wanted a different deal on the ground before investing any money hence Jenkins speed/ruthlessness in getting his deal done. As to his remaining shareholding I guess he has to keep some skin in the game particularly during his negotiations with the Council and as the point man for the Yanks. Fooker probably thinks he can have another bite when the Yanks sell on.
The Yanks btw are not long term investors but dealers who will flip and take a profit as soon as they can.They must be bricking it now.

What larfs.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Just passing by.
The whole sell-out thing is hilarious.
I long ago told that pr1ck roath jerky what was going to happen.
Jenkins and his mates were always going to bale out and cash in their chips. It was only a matter of when. Anyone with even the slightest knowlege of how the swansea mafia operate could have seen that. Unfortunately for the locals/the trust - some of whom seem to have done quite well out of it along the way- they believed their own/Jenkins hype and got mugged.

I did think that the key to any deal was the purchase of the ground or similar as from memory all they have/had was a right to groundshare for another 15 years or so-may be less- without any legal renewal rights. I can only surmise that the Yanks were prepared to take the chance and Jenkins has indeed delivered some kind of deal which gives them a form of financial security.
I also pointed out previously that the jerks were being subsidised to the tune of around £500,000 per annum in terms of rent not paid and I see that in their new deal they will be paying a substantial figure although below that level. Probably he softest deal the Council could give them.
If there was a Chinese consortium, perhaps they wanted a different deal on the ground before investing any money hence Jenkins speed/ruthlessness in getting his deal done. As to his remaining shareholding I guess he has to keep some skin in the game particularly during his negotiations with the Council and as the point man for the Yanks. Fooker probably thinks he can have another bite when the Yanks sell on.
The Yanks btw are not long term investors but dealers who will flip and take a profit as soon as they can.They must be bricking it now.

What larfs.

Wont find any arguments from me there. Summed up pretty well.
Welshcitydragons

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 pm

How kind.
Guessing how sharp Levein, Kaplan and Co are it would not surprise me if, having a deal on the ground, they are already in the market trying to sell before Christmas so that the new investor takes on the necessary financial spend to try to keep them up (as well as the relegation risk - but jenkins will say it' s ok and he's done it before and can do it again!).
Money out,debt repaid,profit banked and risk handed to somebody else.
No whispers -you'll just see it on SSN.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Yep again.

They need to get the legal action threat from the Trust out of the way before they can viably pass it on though.
Welshcitydragons

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:47 pm

Gawd it's like the old days posting on here again.

Anyway,
they would get round that by presenting the buyers as white knights who will save the club and get them out of the picture.
relegation -oy vey! or Premiership (possibly) the 'swansea way' and no yanks.
Legal action smackshun.
Plan's written.

Let's see if they can pull it off.

Naturally, I hope not.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby Welshcitydragons » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:54 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:Gawd it's like the old days posting on here again.

Anyway,
they would get round that by presenting the buyers as white knights who will save the club and get them out of the picture.
relegation -oy vey! or Premiership (possibly) the 'swansea way' and no yanks.
Legal action smackshun.
Plan's written.

Let's see if they can pull it off.

Naturally, I hope not.

Well 20k was soend on QC advice which resulted in the Trust bring told their case is strong, especially with the Oyston case going the way of the prejudiced party. Until the 5% for £5m deal is signed then legal action is still very much a possibility and there is currently a changing of board personell which aligns that view with ine of the legal route. Will be interesting to watch.
Welshcitydragons

Postby Vincent Man » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 pm

This was always going to happen at some point .
Its Animal Farm by George Orwell (not the blue movie)
They are experiencing their own mini Russian Revolution. (In my humble opinion)
Vincent Man

Postby Jasonccfc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Welshcitydragons wrote:Yep again.

They need to get the legal action threat from the Trust out of the way before they can viably pass it on though.

I heard or read that some members of the trust got paid nicely and were pretty pally with you know who? And knew all about the sale
Jasonccfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat