Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Kenneth Zohore, Rhys Healey, Jazz Richards & Lee Camp “

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 am

We’ve won our last four matches. All of these four have been out injured over those four games - in fact, all of them have been out injured for longer than those four games.

Monday 4th December 2017

With the form of Neil Etheridge, it has to be said that he is now the first choice goalkeeper and a Lee Camp will have to make do with being back-up for now.

Rhys Healey will have expected to be back-up when he returns. Danny Ward, Omar Bogle, Kenneth Zohore and maybe even Frederic Gounongbe are all ahead of him.

Jazz Richards is in a similar situation. Manga has done well at right-back. Also competing for that position is Lee Peltier, who has also been injured and Callum Paterson. Is there a case to pick Richards over any of those three?

The big question, though, is Kenneth Zohore. If we keep up our current form, is he still an automatic starter? Or should we keep faith in Danny Ward and Omar Bogle? Those two have done a good job in Zohore’s absence.

Reports suggest Zohore is due to return this month, so it will be interesting to see what Warnock does.

Re: “ Kenneth Zohore, Rhys Healey, Jazz Richards & Lee Camp

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 am

Chuck Kadeem in there and it’s like we’ve had an outstanding January transfer window and haven’t spent a penny

Absolutely fecking marvellous problem to have if you ask me

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:38 am

This is why a cup run would help these guys get match fit .

Some squad we have now .

Only a class Prem signing in January would get into squad now . Midfield place still beckoning

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:59 pm

have to start with Bogle against Reading for me, but having Laing (who was completely knackered on friday but would really have benefitted from that) and zohore back in the squad gives me a lot more confidence.

Feeney can go back to Blackburn in January with Harris back.

and as someone above said, i think a cup run, even just a 3rd and 4th round game would benefit us. anything after that may become a hinderence but we have a fair few players who would benefit from the two games in January.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:08 pm

paulh_85 wrote:have to start with Bogle against Reading for me, but having Laing (who was completely knackered on friday but would really have benefitted from that) and zohore back in the squad gives me a lot more confidence.

Feeney can go back to Blackburn in January with Harris back.

and as someone above said, i think a cup run, even just a 3rd and 4th round game would benefit us. anything after that may become a hinderence but we have a fair few players who would benefit from the two games in January.

we are stuck with playing in the 3rd round..and fully take the point about players who have been injured getting a game...but yes a cup run will be a hinderence...

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:10 pm

I think Jazz is good at left-back as well. Bennett was exposed v. Norwich and Murphy went past Manga far too often.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm

bluemun wrote:I think Jazz is good at left-back as well. Bennett was exposed v. Norwich and Murphy went past Manga far too often.

Not much Manga could do TBF Murphy is rapid thought he did well overall. Bennett however didn't even seem to be playing left back as he was never back their and can thank Norwich for not being brilliant and Bamba for covering his arse time and again.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm

phildavies wrote:
bluemun wrote:I think Jazz is good at left-back as well. Bennett was exposed v. Norwich and Murphy went past Manga far too often.

Not much Manga could do TBF Murphy is rapid thought he did well overall. Bennett however didn't even seem to be playing left back as he was never back their and can thank Norwich for not being brilliant and Bamba for covering his arse time and again.

Bennett was pushed into midfield to man mark Houulihane in the second half...with Bamba covering the left side...

We played the second 45 minutes without an out and out left back on Friday. Risky tactic but we got away with it!!!

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:25 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Bennett was pushed into midfield to man mark Houulihane in the second half...with Bamba covering the left side...

We played the second 45 minutes without an out and out left back on Friday. Risky tactic but we got away with it!!!

Doesn’t he play for villa? :lol:

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:53 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
phildavies wrote:

He was man marking Hoolihan all game, midway through the first half Warnock was shouting at him but Bennet didn’t seem too happy following him so far inside. Bennet also said on twitter how hard it is to man mark someone

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm

I think if Zohore is fully fit it would make sense to start him v Mansfield, will need confidence and a easier game to get up to speed.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:46 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
phildavies wrote:

He was man marking Hoolihan all game, midway through the first half Warnock was shouting at him but Bennet didn’t seem too happy following him so far inside. Bennet also said on twitter how hard it is to man mark someone

Didn't notice him man marking in the 1st half, but it was obvious in the second half

Not sure if Bennett was comfortable doing it as like you said he was getting dragged all over the place.. but in fairness Hooliane was pretty anonymous in the second half