Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time to end the Manga experiment?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:07 pm

It’s difficult to change things when they have been going so well, but I think the time has come to start playing a proper right back instead of Bruno. I appreciate he has done well, but facing Josh Murphy on Friday night (who is a good young player) exposed some of his weaknesses. He would have been a handful for Peltier or Patterson, but Bruno was very exposed at times.

Just a thought.

Re: Time to end the Manga experiment?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Bruno is more comfortable at centre back and at the moment any 2 of Bamba/Morrison/Manga is as good as anything in the division.

Pelts is a safe option at right back and won't let anyone down but I think it's probably time for Patterson at right back, he's probably not as good defensively as Pelts but as we have already seen he will add another demension going forward

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:26 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Bruno is more comfortable at centre back and at the moment any 2 of Bamba/Morrison/Manga is as good as anything in the division.

Pelts is a safe option at right back and won't let anyone down but I think it's probably time for Patterson at right back, he's probably not as good defensively as Pelts but as we have already seen he will add another demension going forward

Let's just go all out and say it. Pelts is not a top right back and nowhere near pl quality

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Agree its time for Patterson to be given the rb position in the side he is a brilliant asset to the team and has loads of pace.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:43 pm

ThomasC wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Bruno is more comfortable at centre back and at the moment any 2 of Bamba/Morrison/Manga is as good as anything in the division.

Let's just go all out and say it. Pelts is not a top right back and nowhere near pl quality

Pelts is a decent no nonsense full back.. I agree maybe not PL quality, but we are not in the Premier league (yet)

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 pm

I’d prefer Peltier to Manga at right back

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:28 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Pelts is the best defensive full back we’ve had since Superkev. He’s not quick but his positioning is great and not a lot gets past him on the ground or in the air. He struggles going forward unfortunately which is his Achiles heel.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Manga looks out of place at RB but has been fantastic there. It is assuring we have a none RB who can play there.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Warnock is obviously adamant for playing bamba and Morrison at the back, and fitting manga in where he can but I agree, I’d rather pelts or Patterson at RB, but also you can’t really argue with 4 wins in a row

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 pm

I think out of morrisson Bamba and manga Bruno is the more adept at the full back role but now the natural full backs are available put them back in the side and I'd be happy with any combination of the three too start.
Suspensions and injuries are bound to come into play soon so they will all get a chance.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:09 pm

I agree with Paterson at right back. Him and Mendez down the right will be a handful going forward. We're spoilt for choice at CB so the Bruno / Bemba problem is a nice one to have. Both are quality at this level.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:03 am

Conceded one in 4 games, I think K Manga is doing just fine at RB

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 am

Be Blue wrote:Conceded one in 4 games, I think K Manga is doing just fine at RB

Yes he is, why change a winning team? every player will have an off day, leave Manga where he is :thumbup:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 am

I like Pelts at RB, I think he is a great no-nonsense Championship-style defender, who puts everything into his tackles, headers, the lot.

Bruno is a really skilful player, far more so than Pelts, but Pelts is a great 'stopper'.

Maybe Pelts away and Patterson at home?

:bluebird:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Pelts is a decent no nonsense full back.. I agree maybe not PL quality, but we are not in the Premier league (yet)

I'd be happy with Pelts in our squad if we went up. You know what your gunna get and sometimes that's better than a player bombing forward and having someone like Hazard/sanchez will bags of space.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 am

JimmyJazz wrote:I like Pelts at RB, I think he is a great no-nonsense Championship-style defender, who puts everything into his tackles, headers, the lot.

Bruno is a really skilful player, far more so than Pelts, but Pelts is a great 'stopper'.

Maybe Pelts away and Patterson at home?

:bluebird:

Bang on Jimmy Jazz!

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:44 am

Pelts is the better defender but Manga and soon Paterson offer more going forward and Neil Warnock seems to prefer the Wing Back system currently in place. Although no one ever likes to admit it, he is in a position than us to decide his (to date) performing team! ;)

Easy to moan when it (occasionally these days) goes wrong, but at the end of the day I'll go with the team that Neil 'Midas' Warnock picks right now! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:19 pm

If it aint broke dont fix it

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 pm

stephendavid wrote:If it aint broke dont fix it

agree..