Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blimey! £30 for

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Bolton away - are they having some kind of a laugh?! Forget that.....!

I'd expect a club in there position to charge £22 max!

Re: Blimey! £30 for

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:02 pm

mate its £8 for than you expect. is it really that bad?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 pm

It's not that I can't afford it I just don't like feeling that I'm being ripped off.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm

20 is plenty and people should make a stand. This country is a soft touch and we need more people like that petrol protest guy from 10 years ago

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:01 pm

blue lagoon wrote:20 is plenty and people should make a stand. This country is a soft touch and we need more people like that petrol protest guy from 10 years ago

yeah look how good that turned out

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:53 pm

The question is whether it is worth it and the answer is no! Especially at Bolton :old:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm

At Bolton I think you pay for the privelege of the most initimate body search I've yet been subjected to at a football game :roll: :lol:

I wouldn't mind but it was an 18 stone, butt ugly bloke :laughing5:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:32 pm

20 is plenty. Fulham and forest were superb. Just a quid for kids...

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:48 pm

I was seriously considering Bolton away, but with the behaviour of their stewards on previous trips and the ridiculous price they're charging, they can get stuffed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Premiership away fans all being charged £20 this season?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 pm

This trip seems very popular , even bro g £30 we've already got a full bus for this trip as have a few other tracks groups :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 pm

As long as you have fans who don't mind being ripped off (this thread shows that there are fans who are happy to be taken for a ride) there will always be people who are happy to rip you off. Maybe it's £30 this time, next time it could be £40 so will people say it's only a tenner more, no big deal. How much extra is not the point, is the total cost good value for money or are you being ripped off. If you think £30 for a football match at Bolton is good value, that is fair enough. Personally, I like to think I know when I am being taken for a mug.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:12 pm

£30 is a lot, but it's not Bolton I'm going to see, it's Cardiff City.

City are well worth the £30 these days

Not as bad as some other clubs... Sheff Weds, Leeds etc..

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Lawnmower wrote:£30 is a lot, but it's not Bolton I'm going to see, it's Cardiff City.

Correct Tim, they are over £40 a ticket :o

Like you say Tom your watching Cardiff City, that's who you really are paying to watch, next season it could be £55 at some grounds :o

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:£30 is a lot, but it's not Bolton I'm going to see, it's Cardiff City.

Like you say Tom your watching Cardiff City, that's who you really are paying to watch, next season it could be £55 at some grounds :o

Annis, sure that there’s a rule in the Premier League that all away tickets are £20?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:24 pm

3000+ paid more to go to Bristol City than the £30 Bolton are charging so I don't think that's the major issue. I think the price becomes a convenient excuse for some (not all) at times although I do get it and don't blame people for picking and chosing.

I have been twice, we'll I say twice both FA Cup Games, first one called off on route, 2nd one few years ago and the pricks shut the bar at half time.

I wont be going as doing QPR instead who will probablly charge not far off the same but we will take probably 5-6 times as many fans so like I said, ticket price is an excuse for some, not all, if you don't fancy it just say.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:It's not that I can't afford it I just don't like feeling that I'm being ripped off.

Did you go to Bristol City? I'm sure you were on here trying to persuade people to go and that was £32, why the change of tune?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, sure that there’s a rule in the Premier League that all away tickets are £20?

its 30 quid and this is the 2nd season its been a 30 quid max....not cheap but a lot cheaper than most grounds the year we were in the prem..

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am

RV Casual wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:It's not that I can't afford it I just don't like feeling that I'm being ripped off.

Did you go to Bristol City? I'm sure you were on here trying to persuade people to go and that was £32, why the change of tune?

DONE EWWWWW