Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking News: NO Englishman will be Appointed

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Thank goodness there will be no English manager for the Welsh nation! We are Wales NOT England. Wales are way better than England and that is true.?

How come England are in the World Cup then Sam?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 am

I would rather a good English manager than Bellend or Giggs any :old: day of the week, not even sure if we would do much under Pulis tbh.

And I think it is a distinct possibility that a good English manager would be financially not in Wales thinking hence why we will probably end up with bellend or Giggs or maybe even Hartson and then all Wales game to White Sox arena so he can line up his next job in the US with his yank pals.

Uncle Russ could be in with a shout with Trollope as No 2 :old:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:38 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:I would rather a good English manager than Bellend or Giggs any :old: day of the week, not even sure if we would do much under Pulis tbh.

And I think it is a distinct possibility that a good English manager would be financially not in Wales thinking hence why we will probably end up with bellend or Giggs or maybe even Hartson and then all Wales game to White Sox arena so he can line up his next job in the US with his yank pals.

bellend? :?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 am

Yep, Bellamy is a Bell end! :thumbright:

paulh_85 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:I would rather a good English manager than Bellend or Giggs any :old: day of the week, not even sure if we would do much under Pulis tbh.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 am

100% not a foreign English manager!!!!

#welshandeuropean

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 am

Fergy1927 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Thank goodness there will be no English manager for the Welsh nation! We are Wales NOT England. Wales are way better than England and that is true.?

Something to do with the very very easy group they had??? Der!!!

#welshandeuropean

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:50 am

I have absolutely no problem with an English manager as long as he is the right one for Wales :thumbup:

#WelshandBritish

Bananas wrote:100% not a foreign English manager!!!!

#welshandeuropean

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 am

moonboots wrote:As an Englishman himself, I very much doubt that Jonathan Ford is being discriminatory. More likely his comments have been twisted. People on here getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42234166

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:13 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Yep, Bellamy is a Bell end! :thumbright:

paulh_85 wrote:

Whats he done to offend you?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 am

As a player undoubtedly a good talent, as a manager zero experience to manage Wales as a person an arrogant egotistical gob shite with small man syndrome.

Not everyone's cup of tea, me included but some like him as that is fair enough. :thumbup:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Pullis and Bellers for me

#welshandeuropean

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Bananas wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:

#welshandeuropean

This group was pretty average too though der der der.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
Bananas wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:

#welshandeuropean

This group was pretty average too though der der der.

:laughing6:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:33 pm

I've looked at the cut down interview and he does say "definitely not English" which is a bit worrying in my view. I think there was an element of tongue in cheek but still, he shouldn't have said it.

Talk about "paint yourself into a corner"! We should be looking for the best candidate for the job, regardless of nationality.

Just because we made the Euro Semi's it doesn't make us a "love to" proposition, especially given the fact that the money on offer would probably be a down sizing for any decent manager. The words "yourself" "foot" and "shot" spring to mind. :?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:06 pm

He probably should not have said it.
But he did........and I am glad we will not get an English (and hopefully not and Scottish or Irish) manager!
Its funny the people on hear criticising the decision and saying it could be discrimination may be the some of those who talk about political correctness gone mad on other topics.

Maybe years ago Toshack was one of the best managers...did England approach him?? Did they speak to A!ex Ferguson?? Etc etc.
Also there are hardly any English managers in the top half of the Premier- why appoint an Englishman?
Some people forget Wales is a nation!! Also England is a nation (and we are both part of GB).
:thumbup:
Yma o hyd

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 pm

I think it has to be someone who knows British football , a foreign manager with no experiance of british football would be a mistake imo.
Someone with in depth knowledge of the academys around the country so we can convince up and coming dual nationality young players who are good enough to choose Wales. That is the most important thing for our future.

The nationality does not bother me one bit as long as they put 100% into the job.

Pulis and bellamy would be a perfect fit in every way. Pulis brings the experiance and tactical nouse. Bellamy would bring the passion and knowledge of academys.

I wouldnt mind a gamble on somebody like Thierry Henry. He speaks a lot of sense and has been around the biggest clubs and managers in England most of his career. He also knows the welsh setup from his time with them doong his badges.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Lengee wrote:He probably should not have said it.
But he did........and I am glad we will not get an English (and hopefully not and Scottish or Irish) manager!
Its funny the people on hear criticising the decision and saying it could be discrimination may be the some of those who talk about political correctness gone mad on other topics.

Maybe years ago Toshack was one of the best managers...did England approach him?? Did they speak to A!ex Ferguson?? Etc etc.
Also there are hardly any English managers in the top half of the Premier- why appoint an Englishman?
Some people forget Wales is a nation!! Also England is a nation (and we are both part of GB).
:thumbup:
Yma o hyd

nobody has said that Wales SHOULD appoint an Englishman..
i dont think people forget Wales is a nation either ..its more some people think they have to HATE England and everything English to show how Welsh they are...
as for your other points ..hardly any Englishmen in top half of prem...you seriously think Wales could attract a top half prem manager of any nationality.?
and as for Sir Alex im sure there were times England would have loved to have him..but why would the manager of Britains most successful and biggest club take a huge pay cut to manage a nation thats not even his nation.?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 pm

You make a couple of fair points Dogfound. However, I was only pointing out that not many English managers are enjoying success in England (and hardly any abroad). Also few if any at International level.

The other fact is that generally England go for English managers (the couple that weren't didn't enjoy success). The Scots choose Scots etc
Etc.
Its not about hating the English but, I admit for me, it is partly about pride in Wales and being Welsh. Do you think there would be an outcry if the Scottish chief exec said we won't be appointing an Englishman!!

As I mentioned, the Welsh CE prob shouldn't have said it- but he did. He was just being honest and having a bit of fun at the same time. :wave: :thumbup:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Lengee wrote:You make a couple of fair points Dogfound. However, I was only pointing out that not many English managers are enjoying success in England (and hardly any abroad). Also few if any at International level.

The other fact is that generally England go for English managers (the couple that weren't didn't enjoy success). The Scots choose Scots etc
Etc.
Its not about hating the English but, I admit for me, it is partly about pride in Wales and being Welsh. Do you think there would be an outcry if the Scottish chief exec said we won't be appointing an Englishman!!

As I mentioned, the Welsh CE prob shouldn't have said it- but he did. He was just being honest and having a bit of fun at the same time. :wave: :thumbup:

with no realistic English candidate it just didnt need to be said.
and yes it sounded like something you wouldnt be surprised to hear a the Scottish chief exec say....very small time

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 pm

What if a great English candidate became available suddenly? I think it is a bit unprofessional of the Welsh FA. Also, it gives any potential manager more strength in the negotiations for wages etc if he knows there is a whole country of candidates being excluded from the process. I would have a punt on Bellamy. Otherwise a zany Italian Tinkerman maybe.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:What if a great English candidate became available suddenly? I think it is a bit unprofessional of the Welsh FA. Also, it gives any potential manager more strength in the negotiations for wages etc if he knows there is a whole country of candidates being excluded from the process. I would have a punt on Bellamy. Otherwise a zany Italian Tinkerman maybe.

i think the FAW are shit scared of Bellamy..
i think they are waiting for the anti Giggs meltdown to cool off before appointing him..and if it doesnt they will go with Osian { nobodys first choice but acceptable by most }

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 pm

The tinkerman is a good one but I doubt we could even afford his expenses never mind a wage/ :bluebird:

Fergy1927 wrote:What if a great English candidate became available suddenly? I think it is a bit unprofessional of the Welsh FA. Also, it gives any potential manager more strength in the negotiations for wages etc if he knows there is a whole country of candidates being excluded from the process. I would have a punt on Bellamy. Otherwise a zany Italian Tinkerman maybe.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:23 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Yep, Bellamy is a Bell end! :thumbright:

paulh_85 wrote:

Spot on my friend!anyone from cardiff will tell you on a social level the guy is a 1st class arrogant knob FACT