Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" The Legend of Robin Friday "

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi all,

I was looking for a decent lower league podcast and my mate recommended this website to me and I came across this!

http://d3d4football.com/blast-from-the-past-robin-friday/

I have bought a copy for my Dad for Xmas and one for myself so the kids have something to give me. It is funny, I never saw him play but my Dad did and yet he is one of my favourite Cardiff players of all time. I guess coz of all the stories my dad told me about him.

Would loved to have seen him myself but it was before my time. I would imagine that would apply to a lot of us on here.

Bluebirdjr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Legend of Robin Friday

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 pm

bluebirdjr wrote:Hi all,

I was looking for a decent lower league podcast and my mate recommended this website to me and I came across this!

http://d3d4football.com/blast-from-the-past-robin-friday/

I have bought a copy for my Dad for Xmas and one for myself so the kids have something to give me. It is funny, I never saw him play but my Dad did and yet he is one of my favourite Cardiff players of all time. I guess coz of all the stories my dad told me about him.

Would loved to have seen him myself but it was before my time. I would imagine that would apply to a lot of us on here.

Bluebirdjr

I saw a lot of the games he played for City. No doubt he was talented but Neil Warnock wouldn't have had him within 500 miles of a city team. City fans like someone who stands up to authority and he certainly did that. I mentioned my lasting memory of him last week in the Old Den thread. He stood watching the aggro on the terrace while the game carried on behind him.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:57 pm

as said above obviously talented but there were more Robin Friday stories than there were Robin Friday good performances.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Stood on the fence at the old Den, and beckoned the millwall fans to have a go.

No one did :lol:

Re: " The Legend of Robin Friday "

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:04 am

There's a film in the works based on a book. I'm sure Sam Clafin is playing him?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm

mr_nellio wrote:There's a film in the works based on a book. I'm sure Sam Clafin is playing him?

there was much talk of this a couple of years ago but it doesnt seem to have happened..

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 am

Remember him getting sent off at Hereford in a 2-2 draw and was there for that goal against Luton when he flicked the v sign !
A total one off who didn't give a .......

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:07 am

The train tickets frrom reading to cardiff which he never purchased :lol:

He would wait until someone went in to the loo, waited for him to start a dump, then pretend to be the guard asking for his ticket.

He would ask for it to be pushed under the door, then he would dissappear with said ticket :lol:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 pm

fred keenor wrote:The train tickets frrom reading to cardiff which he never purchased :lol:

He would wait until someone went in to the loo, waited for him to start a dump, then pretend to be the guard asking for his ticket.

He would ask for it to be pushed under the door, then he would dissappear with said ticket :lol:

Read the book, very good read how different unprofessional things were. Never saw him p!ay but apparently what a talent. Leon comes to mind, wasted but hey Friday made his mark and still is so FP to him RIP