Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fastest bluebird ever

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 pm

BLUE54 wrote:For me either Peter Sayer, (remember his goal against Spurs. It was on the opening sequence on MOTD for the whole season?) or Ronnie Bird. Trouble with Ronnie Bird though was he was so fast he often could not slow down quick enough and used to run past the ball!!! :laughing6:

Ronnie tended to run in whichever direction he was facing at the time. Not always the best thing to do, especially when facing your own goal. Loved watching him play, and he could certainly move.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:For me either Peter Sayer, (remember his goal against Spurs. It was on the opening sequence on MOTD for the whole season?) or Ronnie Bird. Trouble with Ronnie Bird though was he was so fast he often could not slow down quick enough and used to run past the ball!!! :laughing6:

Ronnie tended to run in whichever direction he was facing at the time. Not always the best thing to do, especially when facing your own goal. Loved watching him play, and he could certainly move.

I remember watching Ronnie Bird as a very young lad play against Arsenal in the FA cup at Ninian Park. We drew 0-0. He made one run up the left wing, I think he left Sammy Nelson for dead but he ran the ball out of play.

I remember my Grandad saying he was like a headless chicken.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Steve Mardenbrough was faster than Kevin Bartlett , his problem was he couldn’t fun fast WITH the ball! Without it he was lightening, what’s the saying? He couldn’t trap a bag of cement!
Don’t know how he managed to make a pro footballer IMO

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:57 pm

moonboots wrote:Kevin Bartlett and Josh Low have to be up there too. :bluescarf:

Kevin Bartlett for me :thumbright: :bluebird: