Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Man Utd progress / Celtic qualify “

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 am

Manchester United have progressed to the Last 16 of the Champions League for the first time since 2014, after a 2-1 win over CSKA Moscow at Old Trafford. The Russian side took a first half lead with a controversial goal, but goals from Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford gave the hosts the win.

Celtic, meanwhile, have qualified for the Europa League Last 32 after finishing 3rd in their Champions League group - despite losing at home to Anderlecht. An own goal by Jozo Simunovic gave the Belgian side victory, but Celtic finished above them due to having a better head-to-head record - having won 3-0 in the return tie. The two teams both finished on the same amount of points.

Chelsea drew 1-1 at home to Atletico Madrid, but had already qualified for the next stage. Saul Niguez gave the Spanish side the lead, before it was cancelled out by a Stefan Savic goal.

On Wednesday, Liverpool can seal their place in the Last 16 with a point against Spartak Moscow.

Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur also play on Wednesday, but both have already progressed.

Re: “ Man Utd progress / Celtic qualify “

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 am

Celtic :laughing6: hilarious. Big club my hairy backside :laughing6:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Bananas wrote:Celtic :laughing6: hilarious. Big club my hairy backside :laughing6:

To be fair Celtic are a big club. Domestically succesful and Very well supported, the problem is they are a bang average team which is shown when they leave the safety of the spl.

I think they would struggle to get out of the championship in all honesty.

I remember them playing Inter Cardiff in europe a whilst ago and they brought nearly 10k fans to ninian park. Thats pretty impressive by any clubs standards.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:50 pm

About time they merged with Rangers and Patrick Thistle.