3-4-3

Postby CF3BLUE » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 am

Considering the players we have, is this the best formation to fit them all in;

ETHERIDGE
MANGA MORRISON BAMBA
PATERSON GUNNERSON RALLS BENNET
MENDEZ-LAING HOILETT
ZAHORE

Take your pick in midfield with Damour and Bryson, but the other players lend themselves to this formation I reckon. Both Full backs can play further up the field and the Paterson / Mendez combo down the right would be a real handful. If either full back are out then this doesn't work and it reverts to a 4-3-3. It also works in all three of our centre backs.
Then again, 'if it ain't broke...'
CF3BLUE

3-4-3

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 3-4-3

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 am

CF3BLUE wrote:Considering the players we have, is this the best formation to fit them all in;

ETHERIDGE
MANGA MORRISON BAMBA
PATERSON GUNNERSON RALLS BENNET
MENDEZ-LAING HOILETT
ZAHORE

Take your pick in midfield with Damour and Bryson, but the other players lend themselves to this formation I reckon. Both Full backs can play further up the field and the Paterson / Mendez combo down the right would be a real handful. If either full back are out then this doesn't work and it reverts to a 4-3-3. It also works in all three of our centre backs.
Then again, 'if it ain't broke...'

That's more 5 2 3 which is what we've been playing really?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:13 am

not recently we havent. manga has been an out and out right back.

i dont like the idea of playing wing backs and NML/Hoilett in the same team
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 am

paulh_85 wrote:not recently we havent. manga has been an out and out right back.

That's true. we haven't been too bad though have we? Can't really complain with anything that Warnock has done this season.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:20 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:not recently we havent. manga has been an out and out right back.

That's true. we haven't been too bad though have we? Can't really complain with anything that Warnock has done this season.

certainly cant argue with the results. i do get frustrated with seeing manga out there, but while we are winning you cant exactly complain
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 am

paulh_85 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

certainly cant argue with the results. i do get frustrated with seeing manga out there, but while we are winning you cant exactly complain

To be honest, I think RB is the best place for Manga. He's the third best CB we have IMO.
Makes far too many mistakes and doesn't clear the ball enough.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby T1JMO » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Why would we change back to a back 3 like under Trollope? 4 at the back is the way to go in the Championship look at the difference - 23rd up to 2nd!
T1JMO

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Why would we change the formation now? We seem to hop from a flat back four with bamba in front to a similar formation but with bamba sitting deeper and wing backs and it's working like a dream.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat